The Queen DEAD ;-; ! What will happen to England ?

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 11:55 am
What will the prince do ? He is fit to be great as her mother ? Or britain will fall and be demoralized forever ?

Truly she is A brave women and did great in A time of the second world war ? But be brave in the future what politics changed now because of the queen's death ?

Scotland will seperate ? United Kingdom will be no more in this writter opinion the prince cannot lead and will last 10 yrs then his son will take power ? What other turmoils will come ?

jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 12:07 pm
@davidsheep88,
Have you seen this Thread?
davidsheep88

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 12:46 pm
@jcboy,
Yes have but this politcal theatre wish to dive into the future and their is just the main post about it all.
Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 01:17 pm
The UK will continue on. Nobody could compare with QEII.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 01:33 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
The UK will continue on. Nobody could compare with QEII.
King Charles will certainly try to preserve the unity of the UK, but probably in a different way than the late Queen.

England will remain part of the UK.
If there will ever be a devolved English parliament, that will be a political decision. (England is the only country of the United Kingdom to not have a devolved Parliament or Assembly and English affairs are decided by the Westminster Parliament.)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 01:36 pm
@davidsheep88,
davidsheep88 wrote:

Yes have but this politcal theatre wish to dive into the future and their is just the main post about it all.

Stupid question. Great Britain/United Kingdom is five decades shy of a bloody millennia. It's going to do quite fine without Queen Elizabeth II. They'll go through a relatively long mourning period but still it's not going to collapse politically or macroeconomically.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 02:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
You're thinking of 1066.

Britain was formed by the act of union in 1707.

The Union is in danger, but that has nothing to do with the Queen's death and everything to do with the Tory contempt for Scotland.

At the last referendum Scotland's membership of the EU was an issue, many voted to stay in the union to stay in the EU.

Scotland voted Remain, and Brexit has been a total disaster.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 02:08 pm
@davidsheep88,
Charles is not "a prince."

He's the king, he automatically became king when his mother died.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're thinking of 1066.

You caught me. I'm not to well-versed in the Brit royal history dept. Thanks for the correction.
0 Replies

davidsheep88

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 03:46 pm
@izzythepush,
I will just never recognized him as king will always cherish queen Elizabeth that is all ! He is king but he will not be worthy of it ;-; !
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 03:59 pm
@davidsheep88,
Who gives a monkey's what you think?

It's not your country.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 04:15 pm
@davidsheep88,
It remains to be seen if he will be worthy of it. He may very well be. Looks like most of his antics are in the past. At least it's not Randy Andy.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 01:41 am
@Mame,
I don't know how anyone can claim to "cherish" Liz and yet be so dismissive of Charles.

I don't cherish any of the heads of foreign governments at all.

I think Charles will be reasonably competent, like his mum.

I suspect the OP's hostility is due to Charles reaching out to Muslims, and his respect of Islam.
Mame

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
He's made a few gaffes but who hasn't? We only know about them because of the cameras; hardly anyone knows of ours. I repeat, thank goodness it's not his brother. What do you think they would have done had Andrew been the next in line, given his proclivities and history?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 07:44 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

He's made a few gaffes but who hasn't? We only know about them because of the cameras; hardly anyone knows of ours. I repeat, thank goodness it's not his brother. What do you think they would have done had Andrew been the next in line, given his proclivities and history?

I have always thought good thoughts about him...especially during the trying days of Diana. I think he will serve the British Empire (such as it is these days) very capably.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 08:03 am
@Mame,
I don't know, there's too many variables, Andrew might not have behaved as badly if he was under the same scrutiny as Charles.

Bad behaviour and royalty goes back to the Ark. Victoria's uncle, the Duke of Cumberland, was another unsavoury character.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 09:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
You thought well of King Charles 111 in the days of Diana?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 10:00 am
@revelette1,
Diana went to an exclusive Swiss girl's school with an average class size of 3-4 kids.

She ended up with four grade 4 CSEs. That what the thick kids in state schools with classes in excess of 30 get.

She was vacuous, empty headed and opportunistic.

Her life was one of privilege.
revelette1

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 10:07 am
@izzythepush,
I take it you didn't like her. My impression of her and of her charities was completely different. In any case, she didn't deserve to be treated as she was by Charles and his affair with Camilla. As she said, it was a little crowded.

How Princess Diana's Humanitarian Causes Have Fared, 20 Years On
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2022 10:18 am
@revelette1,
She had affairs too, I remember squidgygate.

The jury is still out on Harry's parentage.

She knew what she was getting into, it's not like princes of wales don't have a history of cheating.

She was happy enough for all the glitz and glamour.

She had very media savvy people advising her, I don't believe her charitable work was about anything other than raising her public profile.

Look at how Henry VIII dealt with Kathryn Howard's infidelity.