Question for those having affairs with Married Person

bess

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:37 am
"people who have only 1 or 2 posts on A2K.
Why, if I didn't know better, I would swear they were being written by the same person, using different log ins. But, I know that would never happen. "

LOL....my IT knowledge is somewhat limited, I wouldn't know how to!

"If you're looking for validation of your adultery, you're not going to get it here. "

No validation required, thanks for the thought.

I was just using this newly found forum to put my thoughts down in writing and make people think about the different reasons for an affair.

In my case it was down to a series of mistakes over a number of years, if only we could turn back time.

As for any feelings of guilt, towards the wife, no definatly not, I've known her since we were small children and we've never really got on. For the first 5 years of her marriage to my MM, we tried to get on as we were thrown together at social events, but I've not seen her since and that is a great relief to us both.

I DO feel guilty about the daughter, she's gorgeous and she is the only reason there is still a liklihood I may leave this relationship.

Time will tell

bess
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:44 am
bess wrote:

I was just using this newly found forum to put my thoughts down in writing and make people think about the different reasons for an affair.

Who cares about the reasons. If someone you loved was murdered, would you care about the reason? If someone stole from you, would you care about the reason? If someone hurt your purposely, would you care about the reason? No. Because no matter the reason, what the person did to you (in all three cases above) was WRONG. What part of that don't you people understand? If there are problems in the marriage, you are right...it isn't your problem or fault. But when you add fuel to the fire, you are nothing but an instigator and purposely causing another person pain (the offended spouse) makes you a lowly human being. What you did or are doing is wrong and no amount of excuses is going to change that.

I don't care what your reasons for being a home wrecker are...you are interfering in someone elses life without their consent. The wife of the man you choose to f*ck doesn't deserve what both you and that man are doing to her. No matter what she's done. If he is unhappy, get a divorce. Adulters are selfish human beings who want more than their share.

There. Was a specific enough? Do you get it? And no, I have not been on the losing end of an affair. I just have morals and a conscience.
0 Replies

bess

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:07 am
Oh well, purged my demons, didn't I say at the begginning I didn't expect any congratulations?

Perhaps casual browsers, who'd be far too scared to express their views, will see my side of things.

As the 2 of you who have been good enough to respond to me directly, thanks, but I'll sort my problems out in my own way, 10 years is a long time, if only I hadn't backed off at the begginning.

Whilst I've been typing this, had a call, think he's feeling a bit happier today.

Bye all, nice chatting

bess
0 Replies

MorningDew

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:15 am
Angry people good bye
Bess and Nimh are expressing their thoughts. This is a public forum and thread. If we agree/disagree we can ceratinly express it, but not hammer anyone for his/her opinion.

In addition, I noticed the following double standards (here and other threads with similar topics):
Those threads about a single woman with a married man: they kill and
insult the single woman, and also insult the married man. But she is
the one who is mainly guilty and judged.

A thread about a single guy fantasizing (in this forum too) with a married woman, people encourage him to go ahead for her (maybe she is not that happy, you
never know, etc.)

E.g. what a sexist society: a single woman posts she is in love with a
married man, she is stoned. A single guy does the same, he is
encouraged. A married man has an affair --> he is a stud. A married
woman has an affaire --> she is a slut.
If a married woman is being cheated --> she must have done something
wrong to drive her hub away. If a married man is cheated --> he is a
victim of a slut-wife.
There is no way to win here, women end up being sluts (e.g. they
perform as Eve, unless they sacrificed themselves like the Virgin
Mary) and men end up being studs or victim of their instincts, but
victim at the end.

Not my crowd. So good bye thread.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:24 am
Re: Angry people good bye
MorningDew wrote:

A thread about a single guy fantasizing (in this forum too) with a married woman, people encourage him to go ahead for her (maybe she is not that happy, you
never know, etc.)

Fantasy and action are two different things. We can't control what we desire but we can control what we do. Right there lies the difference between those who cheat and those who don't.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:26 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Who cares about the reasons. If someone you loved was murdered, would you care about the reason? If someone stole from you, would you care about the reason? If someone hurt your purposely, would you care about the reason? No. [..]

I don't care what your reasons for being a home wrecker are...

Way to go responding to a newbie who actually ANSWERED THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED IN THE THREAD ... Rolling Eyes

Friendly advice: perhaps next time you dont wanna hear what people who have an affair with a married person have to say, you should not go and look up a thread called "question for those having affairs with married person"? You know, instead of looking it up to yell at some A2K newbie about how you dont wanna know?

Hey I dont care about my post: that affair wasnt particularly important and I dont feel particularly good nor bad about it. So if you wanna vent just yell at me. But dont start ranting at some newbie for actually answering the friggin question ...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:29 am
As someone said, this is a public forum. We are all entitled to our opinions. I have a high opinion of you, Nimh, but surely don't agree with your choice regarding this topic. Newbie or not, if we can't speak the truth, what's the point?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:30 am
And to be honest, I wasn't singling out Bess or any of the others. It was meant as a general statement, an opinion on affairs and those who justify them.
0 Replies

MorningDew

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:50 am
Just for Bess
Sorry for coming back, this is just a PS. I did not find any other way to communicate.

Bess: I tried to PM you but the system did not let me. I have this nicknmae in Edit [Moderator]: Link removed and you can contact me there even being "just hatched," if you want to exchange ideas about this kind of topic.

Best, MD
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:55 am
Oh you're perfectly entitled to your opinions and free to express them, Bella, but "Who cares about the reasons <start rant about how you dont want to know about them>" is an odd way to slam into a poster when the thread is actually asking people to come forward and give their reasons, dont you think?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:55 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I don't care what your reasons for being a home wrecker are...you are interfering in someone elses life without their consent.

The only people who can wreck a home are those living in it. no one outside of it has that power.

Nimh is right - the marriage is the responsibility of the people in it.

Whether or not we like the people having affairs with married people - it's the married people having affairs we should scorn IMNSHO.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:00 am
nimh wrote:
Oh you're perfectly entitled to your opinions and free to express them, Bella, but "Who cares about the reasons <start rant about how you dont want to know about them>" is an odd way to slam into a poster when the thread is actually asking people to come forward and give their reasons, dont you think?

Sure, but why now is it ok for you to slam me for my opinions? It's ok for those I disagree with to express themselves but when I do, I am labeled the bad guy.

Honesty just isn't appreciated around here.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:02 am
ehBeth wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
I don't care what your reasons for being a home wrecker are...you are interfering in someone elses life without their consent.

The only people who can wreck a home are those living in it. no one outside of it has that power.

Nimh is right - the marriage is the responsibility of the people in it.

Whether or not we like the people having affairs with married people - it's the married people having affairs we should scorn IMNSHO.

I agree that the people in the marriage are responsible, however, accessory to murder is still accessory to murder. Accessory to assault and battery is still accessory to assault and battery. And accessory to adultery is still accessory to adultery. No one is absolved in that situation, in MY opinion, just like they aren't absolved in the other situations.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:06 am
nimh wrote:
Hi. I'm a guy and I once had a (brief) affair with a married woman, so I guess I might as well reply - I just love questionnaires ;-).

Affair didnt last long - just a lot of phone conversations and then two trips abroad we made together. Second trip was awkward as I pretty much had already thought the better of it; not because she was married but because I wasnt interested anymore. She was intelligent, very active and great in bed, but that was pretty much it. Didnt stay in touch for long after that, I basically cut it off.

When we first started talking, she'd just cut off another affair, and she hooked up with a guy for fun in between him and me too. She and her husband were in the process of breaking up - they now did, I suppose, cause last I heard she lived halfway across the world from him. They have two kids.

Chai Tea wrote:
Legitimate questions:
Do you ever think of this person who is the one married to the man you are having sex with?

Rarely. I did occasionally and found myself speculating on what must all have gone wrong in their relationship to make her so unhappy in it, then decided speculation is senseless. Did ask her some stuff, and from what she told me I could see why she was straying. Not that I judged him, like that he must just not have been a good enough man for her, or that he must have done something wrong; their relationship was messed up so I'm sure they did that together. Thats not where I came in, anyway.

Chai Tea wrote:
Do you ever consider or visualize this person as a human being?

Sure. Occasionally wondered how he was doing, probably not too well (but then neither was she). Thinking he'd find someone else soon enough, if he hadnt already, and that he'd definitely be better off doing so.

Chai Tea wrote:
Do you even care, or are you going on the supposition that she must be a completely dreadful person, or her husband would not be cheating on her?

No, not going on that supposition (see above). Do think thats a mistake many make, in that you're right, makes things easier I suppose. As for whether I cared, well yes and no I guess. I could imagine him as a person and felt a bit sorry for him, but no I didnt consider it my responsibility to take his well-being into account. If anything that should be his wife's (if not his own, foremost).

Chai Tea wrote:
Do you realize the havoc you are creating for someone else?

N/a. If a wife decides to cheat on her husband (and she'd already pretty much chosen to, or chosen to want to, before we met), that's not havoc I create, just cause she chooses to do it with me.

Chai Tea wrote:
The man you are having sex with is, by the nature of your affair, a liar.
He is lying by commission or ommision to his wife. Why would you think he is not lying to you?

She might well have been. In fact, I know she fudged up a couple of things. Told me at first that in all practical senses they were already divorced, when it later turned out they were still living together, with the kids. Didn't particularly like that, but since I wasn't interested in anything solid/long-term with her anyway I wasn't particularly bothered by it either.

Chai Tea wrote:
This man you are having sex with has broken his vows. How can he be a man of honor?

She was a woman with good intentions, trying to do what was right for her and balancing that with doing what was right for the people around her - if failing as often as she succceeded. Thats good enough for any friend of mine.

Chai Tea wrote:
This is a serious inquiry - what exactly is your rationalization for committing adultery?

Personal responsibility. Her marriage is not my responsibility; it's hers. If she thinks the right thing for her right now is to cheat, it's not up to me to second-guess her take.

Very interesting - I admire your candor.
Thinking about it, I admit it is true that if a married person decides to be a cheat, for whatever reason, it's going to happen, regardless.
Oh, they may say "I fell in love with this other person" and it might be true. However, they have placed themselves in a position to allow themselves to fall in love. I agree, it is the married persons responsibility.

I am not made of stone, and admit to over the years looking at a man and thinking, WOW. Then you may even add in a a great personality. In those cases, it didn't take much thought for me to say, Whoa! Back away from this! I will not make my husband a cuckold.

It doesn't matter even if the marriage is going through a rocky time. While you're still married you are obligated by that marriage to back away from temptation.
After the marriage ends. Go for it.
I would amend that if the decesion to divorce has already been made, you are living separately, the papers have all been filed, etc. and you are simply waiting for the decree to come though, in other words, it's a done deal. Go ahead and start looking.

However, NIMH, although I respect and to the degree stated above agree with what you say about not being responsible, It seems wrong to be the person who cooperates with the adulterers mindset. It would make me personally feel like I was being used to satisfy their desires. Which actually seem to be cool if you were using them back, expect for the presence of the other spouse.
It's the sneaking, the lying, the breaking of a trust.

Also, I appreciate a males point of view. It, at least on the surface validates my suppositions on the males perspective vs. the female perspective.

Question: This woman, did it seem she was looking for another relationship, or did she just like screwing around?

So although, yes, it is the married person responsibility to "avoid the near temptation of sin" I'm also a believer in "you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Any other rationale opinions/observations out there? (other than the 'oh you're just so perfect, you'll see what it's like one day crap)?

For those that wish to discuss how wronged they feel, I might suggest opening another thread where you can get together to discuss at your leisure.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:11 am
Chai Tea wrote:
I am not made of stone, and admit to over the years looking at a man and thinking, WOW.

Thanks, Chai Tea. I hadn't realized you noticed me.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:19 am
As someone who has been there and done that I would never have an affair with anyone (married or single) ever again. The destruction and pain an affair leaves behind just isn't worth it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:23 am
LoveMyFamily wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I agree completely with Chai Tea. I would have put it a little more bluntly though, like, for instance...

If you are going out with a someone else's spouse, you are a whore.

I think that about sums it up.

You all seem to bring it up on the "single woman".

Where did I do that?

LoveMyFamily wrote:
If you prefer calling this woman whore, then what does that make the cheating husband? Could you not find any insulting words for the one that broke the vows and cheated on his wife?

How about "piece of **** scumbag"? There, you feel better now?

EDIT...I thought about this a little more and realized that you were putting words into my mouth. I didn't place a gender on the whore in question.

whore ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hôr, hr)
n.
A prostitute.
A person considered sexually promiscuous.
A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Now show me where in that definition it says a whore has to be a woman!

<Harrumpff!>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:25 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Also, I appreciate a males point of view. It, at least on the surface validates my suppositions on the males perspective vs. the female perspective.

Since I agree 100% with Nimh on this issue, you might want to rethink your suppositions on male v female perspectives.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:29 am
Bella Dea wrote:
nimh wrote:

Sure, but why now is it ok for you to slam me for my opinions?

Its OK for you to slam my opinions and for me to slam yours, far as I'm concerned. But to slam someone for telling you about them in the first place ("Who cares about the reasons. [..] I don't care what your reasons are") when the thread had explicitly asked them to do so is just kinda bizarre (and yeah, rudeness to a newbie IMHO is worse than to someone like me).
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:30 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
I am not made of stone, and admit to over the years looking at a man and thinking, WOW.

Thanks, Chai Tea. I hadn't realized you noticed me.

I too, enjoy a nice badger stew on occassion.

with a light chablis, or tankard of mead.
0 Replies