Reasons to not want Hillary in '24

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 08:18 pm
The thing is, it does not seem to occur to Biden to push for the peaceable solution. He seems determined to ram it through militarily.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 08:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Costs are waaay up in grocery stores. This is why the presiding political party is in trouble. A war is such a distraction…
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 10:51 pm
The UK High Court will deliver its decision on Monday morning about whether to permit Julian Assange to appeal the US extradition decision to UK Supreme Court on points of law of general public importance.
Assange Fiancee Stella Moris will be at court to give a statement
hightor

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 06:38 am
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 07:31 am
Yes, I know this is Fox Business, but I think it’s clear that the Dems are in disarray and Trump isn’t legally prevented from running again…yet.

What do you think will happen?
What do you hope will happen?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/former-clinton-adviser-on-potential-hillary-clinton-run-in-2024
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 07:44 am
@Lash,
I draw a blank at viable options for 2024.
Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 07:45 am
@edgarblythe,
Me, too.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 08:30 am
Realistically, the "viable options" for 2024 are:

The Republican Party candidate.

The Democratic Party candidate.

Or, refusing to vote at all.

If you (universal "you") are "drawing a blank" on that...our nation is in worse trouble than I suppose...and I suppose it is in existential trouble.
Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 09:22 am
I wish Chris Hedges would run. Pipe dream.
How old is AOC? She couldn’t possibly be worse than the corrupt geriatric crew.
Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 09:26 am
She’ll be 35 on Oct 13, 2024.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 09:30 am
@Lash,
Quote:

GOP takes House and Senate in '22, Biden is impeached, 'crats don't unite around Harris in '24, fractious primary season, no unity achieved, electoral debacle, GOP takes power and and keeps it.
Quote:

No matter the results in the midterms, DNC begins search for three or four strong candidates (ideally successful governors) to replace Biden/Harris in '24. One candidate emerges as early favorite, wins primaries convincingly, and mounts a strong, credible campaign. The only trouble with this fantasy is that I'm not sure that candidate exists.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 09:44 am
Just accepting a generic candidate because it's not the Republicans will likely lose the coming elections. There is still time to plan. I hope behind the scenes they are smarter than they are in public.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 10:03 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

GOP takes House and Senate in '22, Biden is impeached, 'crats don't unite around Harris in '24, fractious primary season, no unity achieved, electoral debacle, GOP takes power and and keeps it.
Quote:

No matter the results in the midterms, DNC begins search for three or four strong candidates (ideally successful governors) to replace Biden/Harris in '24. One candidate emerges as early favorite, wins primaries convincingly, and mounts a strong, credible campaign. The only trouble with this fantasy is that I'm not sure that candidate exists.

I tout former New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu.

Tough for someone from NYC, NY or New Orleans to make it to the top, but Mitch seems to be the real deal.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 10:06 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Your aim is to hurt the candidate favoring the left...and you do your best.

Luckily, "your best" is not very good...and A2K is too small for someone like you to do much damage.

Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 11:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Lash wrote:

A2K is too small for someone like you to do much damage.

Think about that. Your weirdo obsessive fictions about me are nonsensical. Chris Hedges is the only human alive that I’d be excited about running for president. I have problems with AOC, but I think she’d actually try to undo a lot of the things that are ruining my country.

Any ridiculous ideas you have beyond that about me are your own sick fabrication. Nothing I say in this tiny little place is going to change anything. You just can’t tolerate people whose ideas are different than yours.
Real Music

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 11:08 am
1. At the moment my preferred candidate for 2024 presidential race is the Ohio democrat, Congressman Tim Ryan.

2. At the moment, I believe that Tim Ryan would be a very strong candidate to win the Presidential nomination for the Democratic party.

3. I also believe that Tim Ryan would be a very strong candidate to win the Presidential race to become the next President of the United States.

4. Everyone will have their own opinion. This just happens to be mine.

https://able2know.org/topic/562987-1
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 11:56 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Lash wrote:

A2K is too small for someone like you to do much damage.

Think about that. Your weirdo obsessive fictions about me are nonsensical. Chris Hedges is the only human alive that I’d be excited about running for president. I have problems with AOC, but I think she’d actually try to undo a lot of the things that are ruining my country.

Any ridiculous ideas you have beyond that about me are your own sick fabrication. Nothing I say in this tiny little place is going to change anything. You just can’t tolerate people whose ideas are different than yours.

I tolerate and enjoy sparring over ideas that are different from my own.

At best, Lash, YOU were part of the movement that helped defeat Hillary Clinton...that helped unleash Trump on our Republic. You Bernie-or-nobody jerks are a big part (not the only part) of why Hillary lost and why Trump won.

Now, you want to destroy the hopes of the person finally selected to run against Trump (or a smarter version of Trump) in '24, by essentially promoting someone who cannot win in today's America.

I say, screw you and all the rest of the people helping trash our Republic...and helping to elect people who will eventually take away that right to elect.

I probably know you and the damage you are doing and abetting better than you know yourself.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 12:04 pm
@Real Music,
I think we are in the Nadir of nationally standing candidates.

And part of it has to with no-one's history being safely buried.

I have no regrets, but I have no desire to deal publicly for a maliciously exposed recounting of with what I may or may not have done in College or the Navy in the 60s/ 70's.

We hold borderline behaviors from the past to hurt good candidates who've done nothing wrong after their youth. Doing this gives one leaders who have things to hide making them subject to blackmail, or we get candidates with no imagination and average intelligence.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 12:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
When you're right, you're right. And we've shot that same foot many times before. In 80, John Anderson and we got RR, in 2000 when Nader helped give us W.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 12:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's pretty sad when someone boosts a talking head that less than 90% of the nation even is aware of enough to identify him, as the savior of Democracy. Talk about a political 'Hail Mary'.

There's a load of good Democratic choices. We don't need to draft political neophytes into "power".

There are even several Republicans I could vote for if the Democrats bobble it, though I think Joe will a successful re-election and I will gladly vote for him, if the GOP nominates another disaster.
0 Replies