Texas Effectively Bans Abortions

maxdancona

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 06:24 pm
Why is anyone responding to CaptainNintendo? (And yes, it is I who am asking this question). His posts are idiotic.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 06:35 pm
@maxdancona,
His posts are not idiotic.

I have not responded because I usually only respond when I see something that I object to.

I really don't care enough about the abortion debate to object to anything on either side.

I've been upvoting his downvoted posts though.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 07:29 pm
@oralloy,
Come on Oralloy, CaptainNintendo is saying that rape victims should "just keep their legs closed".

This is both asinine and obscene. CaptainNintendo is a walking strawman.. he is what the liberals want to pretend that all conservatives are like. I don't want to be associated with this idiocy.

A sane conservative would be able to call this insane extremism. I am not a conservative, so I can't do it. There don't seem to be any sane conservatives left. The left certainly doesn't need to argue with him, he is making their point for them.

Stacy24

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 10:12 pm
@maxdancona,
I didn't see anywhere where CaptainNintendo stated that specifically rape victims should keep their legs closed. Could you please show exactly where he stated that? Where was rape mentioned by him? Be specific please.

It seems to me that he was calling for a return to traditional values when women were more modest. I think that it's duplicitous to deny that sexual promiscuity is rampant today. How would it hurt anyone if people engaged with fewer sexual partners or saved themselves for marriage?

I am a survivor or rape. I could've aborted my son, but I chose life.

The left says that they want to empower women, why then do they ignore and silence women like me? I am pro-life. Those who support abortion are pro-death. Women have every possible means of birth control available to them. None are illegal. Women have any and every conceivable possibility to stop themselves from becoming pregnant if they choose to. Even if they are pregnant and don't want to raise the child they have the ability to take advantage of good Samaritan laws and give the child up with no obligations to raise it.

Because of all these things, it follows that only an evil woman would choose to murder a child. The woman would not only have to be so irresponsible as to not use any of the variety of birth control methods available, but then also so selfish as to murder a child instead of giving it up to be raised by someone else.

Abortion is the taking of a human life. It is murder. If the left wants to empower the voices of women, then it must include women like me who are pro-life, not just women who are pro-death.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 10:39 pm
@Stacy24,
The point is, nobody made you do what you didn't want to do with your pregnancy. Why not afford the same freedom to everyone, not just the so-called right to lifers.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2021 11:35 pm
@Stacy24,
I recognize your pain and suffering for the traumatic experience you've been through. Having said that, your refusal to understand and support others who have been through similar experiences, or worse, seems to escape your attention.

You've actually called women evil. As if you're not a woman yourself, who made a choice for yourself that you, alone, hold as a fundamental basis of freedom.

Your inability to understand the simple biologics of why birth control can fail, coupled with access and financial means is ignorant.

I refuse to to be silent as well. You cannot and will not use your own choices as a prop for you and disregard mine.

I won't allow you to do that. Not now, not ever.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 02:12 am
These scumbags are the same low lives that would deny the child healthcare so it die a long lingering death, or get murdered by the NRA.

Oralloy said that a student who said she didn’t want to killed by the NRA deserved to be killed by the NRA just for saying that.

They don’t give a **** about unborn kids, they like telling women what to do. Abortion is a medical procedure, no drama, no screaming and shouting. Nothing to jerk off to, unlike Sandy Hook.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 06:15 am
@Stacy24,
Stacy, you are confusing several different issues here... rape has nothing to do with "promiscuity".

1) A woman who becomes pregnant through rape and chooses to keep the baby is making a choice. I feel strongly that this should be a choice. The need for rape victims to have an abortion seems obvious to me.

2) I agree with you that pro-life women are being shut out of the conversation. The fact is that almost as many women are against abortion as men when the question is should abortion be prohibited in "all or most" cases which probably includes people who believe abortion should be legal for rape victims. The left does push conservative women out out of the conversation by pretending that you don't exist or aren't intelligent enough to have a say.

3) Your ideas that sex should be saved for marriage are not normal. This is a level of sexual repression that is unique to your culture (Western Christianity) and is quite extreme compared to most of human history. What you are calling "promiscuity" is quite common in many cultures, from ancient Rome and Greece and Egypt.

Promiscuity is a normal part of human behavior.

4) The idea that "abortion is murder" is an opinion (it depends on how you define murder). I understand the feeling, and this is an argument against abortion.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 06:22 am
@maxdancona,
I am reluctantly pro-choice. I don't believe that abortion is murder. I do have a moral objection to ending a pregnancy, especially in late term. I do believe that society does have the right to pass laws on ethical issues and abortion falls into that category. My girlfriend and I talked about abortion early in our relationship, and we both agree that abortion is not an option for either of us. I think every couple should have this conversation.

I think the costs of banning abortion are far too great to women and to society. I do support laws restricting late term abortions (however that is negotiated). In modern society, I think abortion has to be legal (even if regulated).

The promiscuity argument is a bad argument. I support promiscuity, and I suspect that normalizing promiscuity is way to reduce the number of abortions, if sex is accepted by society, people will be much more likely to have sex responsibly.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 01:22 pm

Justice Dept sues Texas over six-week abortion ban
(cnn)
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 04:31 pm
For the moralizers, the purpose of an unwanted baby is to use them as scarlet letters A, albatrosses around the neck, to remind their mothers and society of their immorality.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 04:50 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

For the moralizers, the purpose of an unwanted baby is to use them as scarlet letters A, albatrosses around the neck, to remind their mothers and society of their immorality.

Which side is "the moralizers"? Oh... It's those anti-Albatross people, isnt it.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Im always confused about how ANtivaxxers can call themselves" pro-life" if and only if they dont want to have abortion as a legal option for a woman
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im always confused about how ANtivaxxers can call themselves" pro-life" if and only if they dont want to have abortion as a legal option for a woman

Do you call yourself "pro-choice" even though you want to make vaccines mandatory?

I don't think your argument holds water.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:16 pm
@farmerman,
I don't like abortion personally. I feel that in most cases abortion is immoral. I would be upset if a child I helped conceive were aborted and I talk openly with any sexual partner about this. I simply don't have sex with women who would see an abortion as an option (outside of possible medical complications).

I am pro-choice because the alternative forces women to carry a pregnancy that they don't want.

I feel the same way about vaccines. I believe that vaccines are safe and effective and important. However, I am uncomfortable with telling people what to do with their bodies. It is medically unethical to give healthy people a medical procedure that they don't want.

In either case, it is about consent.

There is room in the middle in both of these issues... something that neither extreme wants to admit.

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:23 pm
@maxdancona,
You are conflating two separate issues.

One is a public health crisis where a highly contagious disease can kill in the matter of weeks.

Pregnancy is not.

It's not the same.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:30 pm
@neptuneblue,
When you force a woman to get a vaccine that she doesn't want, you are telling her that she doesn't have control over her own body.

Whereas when you restrict abortion, you are telling a woman that she doesn't have control over her own body.

Yes, they are two completely different issues.

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Do you call yourself "pro-choice" even though you want to make vaccines mandatory?

do you wake up each morning and begin the day thinking like this??

So if the govt deems it necessary to impose a mandate for everyon to be vaccinated against covid you think thats a constitutionally proper to protect the lives of viri?? hmmm, prhaps you should consider decaf
med science doesnt even consider a virus as a living organism
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:34 pm
@farmerman,
The point is very simple.

Women should have control over their own bodies. Forcing women to undergo a medical procedure that they don't want is a violation of that right.

Do you agree with this or not? You might argue that certain circumstances justify telling women what they must do with their bodies... but don't lie about your position.

You are arguing that we should force women (and men) to undergo a medical procedure even if they don't want it.

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 10:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
When you force a woman to get a vaccine that she doesn't want, you are telling her that she doesn't have control over her own body.

Whereas when you restrict abortion, you are telling a woman that she doesn't have control over her own body.

Yes, they are two completely different issues.

None of us object to what a woman does to her own body. We object to what she does to the other being's body inside her.