A2K People ...

Mame

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 10:05 pm
I miss Dys... and Diane. And Osso. And JLNobody. And BBB and Thomas. All of whom I met in NM. Thomas I hooked up with later in NYC where my friends and I met him at the centrally-located Shake Shack and he proceeded to shock the city. Or at least those of us who were with him. And in NYC, there was Roberta, Joe, tsar, Frank, Eva... great visits, great people.

And there are many more who have either died or decided to chase other pursuits. Dagmaraka, The Bunny from Downunder, Lord Elpus, Tico, Diest, Slappy, Kicky, etc.

Coming back here, I really do miss the old comaraderie. People who knew what you meant when you said a thing and knew how to take it.

So thank God there are a few of you left - roger the rat, izzythepush, GB, Linkat, Jes and Reg, JoeBlow, Punkey, CJ (yes, I saw her here!), Georgeob1, of course, and others.

Just sitting here in the sweltering heat, spritzing myself regularly with a water mister, wondering where Gus went.

Just being reflective, not maundering.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 10:15 pm
Olga went to Facebook and she and I have been friends all along on there. Recently she took a long leave of the site and hasn't been back yet.

Bill Ward is on Facebook. I don't recall his A2K name now. He is so open about himself on that site I don't think he will object if I mention he has terminal cancer. He spends lots of time going places and doing things. Rides a motorcycle a lot.
Mame

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 10:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I remember Bill Ward (forget his A2K name, too) and sorry to hear about his cancer but glad he's out and about - I would expect that of him.

I'm not on any social media now so I lot contact with a lot of people unless I had their emails. Went off FB 1.5 years ago and they're still hassling me.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 10:42 pm
Diane drops by on my facebook and shewolf and little k. Craven. Some others. I have francis paris for a friend, but he no longer responds.
Mame

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 11:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's a bugger about Francis. I met him in CA, along with a bunch of others. He was a good guy. Well, hopefully he IS still a good guy. His avatar was his ear, as I remember.

just took the doggies for a walk - finally cooled down enough min this heat wave
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 11:53 pm
Does anyone know what happened to Setanta? He seems to have disappeared overnight.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 03:59 am
@Mame,
Quote:
I remember Bill Ward (forget his A2K name, too)
OCCOM BILL
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 04:19 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Setanta? He seems to have disappeared overnight.

He's been mentioned in passing, so is presumably doing OK.

https://able2know.org/topic/558488-1#post-7132244
https://able2know.org/topic/1299-139#post-7117372
https://able2know.org/topic/546079-81#post-7114602
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 07:32 am
@oralloy,
Thanks.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 07:43 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Thomas I hooked up

You hooked up with him? Wow and you never told me! I did not realize you were so wild and free!

There are also some of the more "different" people I miss - yes I tend to like those that are a little bit different. I can see the uniqueness in them.

Some include Mathos and OmSigDAVID.

They were both a bit on the bizarre side for different reasons but I did really like both.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 07:54 am
I am going to be direct. I think this thread is nasty.

I don't know Mame's intention with this thread. But there is an risk of posting lists of "A2K people". Who is one the list? Who is off the list? The thumbs make it worse. This feels like valentine's day in middle school.

I would not say anything if it weren't Mame making this post, and it weren't for the recent nastiness on the "Which A2Ker is it" where Mame and Glitterbag were openly mocking other members.

It isn't just this one post... there seems to be an effort here to define the good people, and the outsiders.

I do want to say, as someone who is definitely excluded from Mame's list of "A2Kers"... I appreciate the kindness shown by people who are on Mame's list, but still show decency and kindness to people who aren't in this exclusive club.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 08:03 am
Welcome to the all about Max all the time thread.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 08:20 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't mind Mame having a list (and I don't need to be on it)... as long as the people on Mame's List aren't mocking or insulting people who aren't on Mame's List.

That is what it feels like. It is not just this thread.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 08:31 am
Linkat, I first met Thomas in Albuquerque - he and Osso and I went to Taos to have a look-see at the art. Then I saw him again in NYC 2 or 3 times. He's actually quite a funny dude.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:20 am
@maxdancona,
What the **** is wrong with you?

Ever since I’ve stopped talking to you, you’ve been going round A2K picking fights with all and sundry, GB, Hightor and now Mame.

That’s how desperate for attention you are.

And for what? Not behaving as Max sees fit.

All Mame and GB said about you that was “so nasty” was that you mansplain, and are a bit like Doctor Ruth.

For that you went off on one like you always do.

This is a friendly, warm thread about people Mame misses, everybody else seems to get that, even Oralloy is behaving decently. Only you have a problem.

You are the nasty one, you enter most threads in an antagonistic manner, sneeringly passive aggressive, or you start threads complaining about how everyone else behaves.

You need help, get some proper medical treatment to find out why you have to be the centre of attention all of the time.

Your sneering aggressive attitude is counter productive anyway, nobody is won over by your arguments, everyone thinks you’re a dickhead.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:40 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy, Glitterbag and Mame are all capable of writing truly nasty things to anyone who disagrees with them. Their self-righteous rage is not just directed at me. The list of epithets that I have received from this trio range from moron to fascist to rape apologist to racist to liar and everything in between.

I don't think it is fair to put Hightor in the same category. I respect Hightor (and I hope he is OK with this). He argues hard, and I think he gets upset with me.

Hightor is always civil and never crosses the line into nastiness. I appreciate that.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:54 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy wrote:
Even Oralloy is behaving decently...

That is a rather nasty jab at Oralloy.

I don't speak for Oralloy, but I don't feel this is a "friendly, warm thread" at all.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:02 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am going to be direct. I think this thread is nasty.

I don't know Mame's intention with this thread. But there is an risk of posting lists of "A2K people". Who is one the list? Who is off the list?

Sorry I did not take it that way - I thought it was more who from the past do you miss or who do you wonder about.

I don't think it was intended to be these are the people I like and don't like.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:04 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Linkat, I first met Thomas in Albuquerque - he and Osso and I went to Taos to have a look-see at the art. Then I saw him again in NYC 2 or 3 times. He's actually quite a funny dude.

So you too hooked up!

Interesting - we should have a which A2k have you hooked up with thread----

You do know I am just teasing --- had to catch you on the use of the word hooked up.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:09 am
@maxdancona,
Perhaps using me to make a jab at you.

I’m actually having great difficulty with my computer right now so am not following everything as closely as I might. I’m typing this on my iPhone that I’m also using to look up tech support advice. That’s why my apostrophes are the fancy version right now. Normally I use the plain version of punctuation because it translates better for the ESL readers.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:59:37