A2K People ...

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:12 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't speak for Oralloy, but I don't feel this is a "friendly, warm thread" at all.

I have to be direct - Max I do think this is a friendly warm thread at its intention. I saw nothing on here to exclude people, just point out who you might miss. I would say it seemed warm and friendly until you jumped in. Not sure why you took anything said personally or to be a middle schoolish - I took it as a remembrance - I know in conversations with Mame we have talked about some people that used to post which is more likely what prompted this thread. I think you are reading way too much into this.

I do have to agree with you on that sometimes everyone on here gets nasty at one point or another - some more than others and some tend to do so more at particular people. I can vouch I have been nasty. Since though I am trying to not - not 100% been productive at this point but I am a work in progress.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:13 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

I am going to be direct. I think this thread is nasty.

I don't know Mame's intention with this thread. But there is an risk of posting lists of "A2K people". Who is one the list? Who is off the list?

Sorry I did not take it that way - I thought it was more who from the past do you miss or who do you wonder about.

I don't think it was intended to be these are the people I like and don't like.

Thank you Linkat! I wanted to say I appreciate people like you and Roger who are both accepted by the in-crowd and kind. I am respect and I appreciate your kindness.

I pointed out that there is personal history. Someone who mocks other members the creating a list of "A2K" people would make me uncomfortable even if I weren't the target.

When I read this thread, I don't feel it is "warm and friendly". If people would acknowledge my feelings instead of responding with further insults... it might help.

When I am in the opposite position, when I am in an organization where I am comfortable and well liked, and a minority expresses hurt feelings, I don't respond with insults. I at least try to understand how they are feeling.

I feel A2K has gotten nastier. This thread doesn't feel good to me.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:20 am
Able2know used to have a much greater diversity of opinion. There were several conservatives who were intelligent, well-spoken. We have lost McGentrix and Baldimo and the guy with a cigar whose name I can't rembmer right now.

They added to the community here, they inserted different points of view. And now they are gone.

There seemed to be a conscious effort to drive them away, there was increasing nastiness with more insults and less and less real discussion.

Able2know has become a much more insular and nastier place. As someone who wants open discussion and appreciates a diversity of opinions.... I think that is sad.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:21 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
who are both accepted by the in-crowd and kind.

I have and never will be in the "in-crowd" - I tend to be in my own crowd. I do not like popularity contests and walk to the beat of my own music (which is usually out of rhythm).

I am not even sure who the in-crowd is here. I know that some people post more than others - I know that some seem to gang up on others together but my take on that is more that they have similar principles and values so they agree on whatever subject is being discussed.

That being said lets go onto the matter here which is away from us all personally but talking about people we miss.

In that vain - I have not met one person on here personally. Not sure why - just never worked out.

Anyone going to be in the Chicago area the third week of August?
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:23 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

the guy with a cigar

Is that Kicky? His avator I think had a cigar in his mouth.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:26 am
@Linkat,
Linkat, sorry

What I am trying to say is that I believe everyone here likes you. You are on the list of good people no matter who is writing that list.

And you are kind... which I appreciate.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:27 am
@Linkat,
Yes, Kicky! I liked Kicky.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Linkat, sorry

What I am trying to say is that I believe everyone here likes you. You are on the list of good people no matter who is writing that list.

And you are kind... which I appreciate.

Thank you - my mommy taught me to be kind.

Not sure about good list - I get a lot of down thumbs -

So is it kicky?
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:31 am
Also Gus -- he used to post frequently way back when -

Now he pops in like once a year.

I miss he talks about rodents especially the largest species.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:32 am
@Linkat,
You made me me go back and look at my PMs from a while back Wink.

I was thinking of Ticomaya as an example of an intelligent conservative voice we have lost... but Kicky is good too.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:40 am
@maxdancona,
Oh yeah Tic - I like him
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:46 am
I miss Dutchy, McTag, Sturgis... Boida...I really liked meeting her. And JoeNation.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:47 am
@Linkat,
capybara
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:57 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

capybara

Yes my understanding is that is the largest rodent.

Just like Gus!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:07 pm
Remember Sozobe? Miss stories of her daughter. Haven't seen Robert in a long term either.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:10 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Remember Sozobe? Miss stories of her daughter.

Her daughter must be in college....she was I believe in between the ages of my two daughters.

wonder if she is attending where her daddy is teaching - I thought he was a professor in is it Ohio?
engineer

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:13 pm
@Linkat,
Columbus I think. Definitely miss those coming of age stories
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:17 pm
@Linkat,
of course I knew that Smile I think we used to have a meet-up thread...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:22 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

In that vain - I have not met one person on here personally. Not sure why - just never worked out.

Anyone going to be in the Chicago area the third week of August?

Why, do you only live there one week a year? Laughing I'll come visit you! Cool

I've met a lot of people from A2K and it's only because I'm willing to fly just about anywhere.

Meet-ups don't discriminate about who gets to attend. Someone just puts it out there and everyone who's interested piles on. They're lots of fun.

The last one was in NOLA, where I met JPB. Lovely woman. We accidentally attended the 1st Annual Jazz Fest and it was a lot of fun.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:24 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Columbus I think. Definitely miss those coming of age stories

So there are 50 colleges and universities in columbus ohio - no way to find her
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 10:39:20