A2K People ...

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:26 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Linkat wrote:

In that vain - I have not met one person on here personally. Not sure why - just never worked out.

Anyone going to be in the Chicago area the third week of August?

Why, do you only live there one week a year? Laughing I'll come visit you! Cool

I've met a lot of people from A2K and it's only because I'm willing to fly just about anywhere.

Meet-ups don't discriminate about who gets to attend. Someone just puts it out there and everyone who's interested piles on. They're lots of fun.

The last one was in NOLA, where I met JPB. Lovely woman. We accidentally attended the 1st Annual Jazz Fest and it was a lot of fun.

I think I might horrify people in person - so it might be better if I just stay away.

No - I just am going there then.

Isn't there a Joe from Chicago guy
glitterbag

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:30 pm
@engineer,
Firefly hasn't posted in several years, she had serious health problems and she may have passed on. She was very patient with some posters, and was absolutely hilarious on the game threads. Vonny is another woman who has been too ill to post, I always thought she was a sweetheart. I remember Sozobe, but what did she call her daughter? Was it sozlette? Sadly a lot of people have passed away over the years, some of us have been on earlier sites that eventually shut down and personally I remember a few folks since before 9/11. So these have become on-line friendships that have lasted over 20 years. I was very sad when Dutchy died and Merry Andrew died, and we lost something unique.

I can't remember all of the people I've found enjoyable over the years so occasionally I reread old threads and laugh out loud at the various posts....and then I wonder what happened to some of those members.
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 12:44 pm
@glitterbag,
So this got me thinking again about my old posts - I have been haphazardly going through them so I randomly pull one up and who is posting answers for me JNoddy, Sozobe, SCoats, some others -

I think I will read their profiles to remember more details of the others because sometimes I am not good with names (even the fake ones) -

And I pull Sozobe her last post was in 2017 about the Aaron Hernandez - and impacts of concussions.

Does hit home my oldest had two concussions.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 02:19 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I miss Dys... and Diane. And Osso. And JLNobody. And BBB and Thomas. All of whom I met in NM. Thomas I hooked up with later in NYC where my friends and I met him at the centrally-located Shake Shack and he proceeded to shock the city. Or at least those of us who were with him. And in NYC, there was Roberta, Joe, tsar, Frank, Eva... great visits, great people.

And there are many more who have either died or decided to chase other pursuits. Dagmaraka, The Bunny from Downunder, Lord Elpus, Tico, Diest, Slappy, Kicky, etc.

Coming back here, I really do miss the old comaraderie. People who knew what you meant when you said a thing and knew how to take it.

So thank God there are a few of you left - roger the rat, izzythepush, GB, Linkat, Jes and Reg, JoeBlow, Punkey, CJ (yes, I saw her here!), Georgeob1, of course, and others.

Just sitting here in the sweltering heat, spritzing myself regularly with a water mister, wondering where Gus went.

Just being reflective, not maundering.

Spoke with Kicky (by email) just a few days ago. He is now in Florida...and enjoying life outside the Big Apple. Nancy and I will get into town and have a drink and bit to eat with Jonathan in a week or so. (She is getting ready to retire in two weeks.) I think you may have met her on the rooftop of Jonathan's condo a few years back.

The NYC crowd is no longer a crowd. Back when Bernie, Lola, Thomas, HoT, and a few others were regulars, we had meets every few months. Now...maybe one get-together a year.

I know that OmsigDavid went to Florida also...and for some reason, I think he may have passed. Same fate appears to have happened to Spendius over in the UK.

Be nice if some of the regulars came to the City...and we could all meet.

Ummm...last thought: "Hook up" has different meanings for different people. Keep that in mind.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 03:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I loved those meetups in NYC. I did ask Jonathan a while back if anyone was keeping an eye or ear on Roberta, and he said he checked in with her once in a while by phone.

I'd heard Spendius had died.

I know about 'hook ups" Smile

I miss Izzie... met her and Clary (separately) in the UK in 2010. Lovely peeps. Alex had brought a guitar (as usual - he never travels without one) and he taught Izzie's tween son some riffs. I'd love to talk to her. Clary is a hippie-type and was living in a village that was at least 1300 years old. She was experiencing vision loss. I learned a lot about her life - quite interesting. Really a darling.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 04:05 pm
I see reyn on facebook every day.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 04:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I liked reyn!

I got off FB 1.5 years ago and I see how much I'm missing, but seriously, I don't want FB in my life.

Maybe some will come back to A2K.

Edgar, how much do you look like your pic? Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 04:20 pm
I look like Henry Miller. This is my most recent. Got caught on a no hair day.
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/151972635_10223780528557842_7530447006492370353_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=09cbfe&_nc_ohc=9GOectTYw94AX9iRE1T&tn=gBFIB3VqaHg7AYL3&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=e8751eb3da1898b30ca995e185128bb6&oe=60E474E6
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 04:22 pm
I need facebook to stay in touch with family and some friends. I don't like it there, but what ya gonna do?
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 05:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I dunno. I just talked to Joe Nation for awhile and caught up. He's doing really well and he gave me Boida's email, so I'm gonna try that.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 05:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
So, nothing like your avatar but waaaay better looking! Glad you're out and about walking. I would give you a HUG if I was anywhere near your (or allowed anywhere near you). Thank you for the picture Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 05:36 pm
@Mame,
My avatar is Tom Paine.

Had to edit.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 05:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
bugger!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 09:45 pm
Gargamel the koolaid guy
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:33 pm
I also think we have several old coots here behaving like oppressors. Why would they even lean on us? Simply because they have been talking to people here for many years?

They just throw shade at you for having a different view; one man here even tries to pretend to be a seer from Britain, even though his surliness only reminds you of Harry, who tied the knot with a combustible woman. Worst yet, he goofball manner seems to have won a cult following. Why? You tend to go easy on backsliders when you get older?

I don't know the answer since I'm not an old man. I just don't like their smugness and their loathing for classical liberalism and conservatism. They only stick up for left liberalism.

I just can't respect such guys even they are much older than me. Yet I forgive them for the same reason: they are much older than me.

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:35 pm
@goldberg,
Well, you have the choice to move on to a different thread or... make your own. Bye bye.
goldberg

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:40 pm
I thought people would mellow out when you become an old man. It seems to me that may not be the case. I could be wrong about this. I bet we still have lots of suave old men and women acting like worthies.

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:44 pm
@Mame,
I wasn't talking to you. I just have to say this after meeting some foam-flecked old men here.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:49 pm
@goldberg,
Don't be a jerk. Just leave.
goldberg

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is not your turf. You are another old fart here?

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 10:38:50