A2K People ...

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Amen.

I was also thinking of wandeljw, intrepid, dadpad and drewdad. And more who I know have passed.

I almost hooked up (hello, Linkat!) with McTag and his wife, but it was not to be and now never will.

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:56 pm
@goldberg,
Please just move on. This is not the thread for you. Just start your own, Goldberg. Really. We're just reminiscing.
goldberg

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:56 pm
If you say this is a get-together for elderly people, then I had better leave. I'm still to0 young to be part of it.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:57 pm
@goldberg,
Yeah... we're all floam-flecked and that's NOT a pretty sight.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:57 pm
@Mame,
Okay. You must be another old man or woman. Well, take care.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:00 pm
@goldberg,
You take care, too... if you're really careful, one day you'll be as old as we are. Foam and bat-wings and all. Have a great time, Goldberg and there ARE people here as young as you... we were all your age once Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:04 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Mame wrote:

Linkat wrote:

In that vain - I have not met one person on here personally. Not sure why - just never worked out.

Anyone going to be in the Chicago area the third week of August?

Why, do you only live there one week a year? Laughing I'll come visit you! Cool

I've met a lot of people from A2K and it's only because I'm willing to fly just about anywhere.

Meet-ups don't discriminate about who gets to attend. Someone just puts it out there and everyone who's interested piles on. They're lots of fun.

The last one was in NOLA, where I met JPB. Lovely woman. We accidentally attended the 1st Annual Jazz Fest and it was a lot of fun.

I think I might horrify people in person - so it might be better if I just stay away.

No - I just am going there then.

Isn't there a Joe from Chicago guy

I don't even know what any of this means. You might horrify people? And you are going where then? Who's Joe from Chicago? You've completely lost me and maybe others.

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be grateful. Linky!! What do you mean?
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:31 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Who's Joe from Chicago?

https://able2know.org/user/joefromchicago/

Very intelligent debater. It's a shame that everyone who disagrees with me isn't as smart as he is. I miss sparring with him.

Although I acknowledge his superior wisdom in departing once the quality of debate here started tending towards name-calling.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:36 pm
@oralloy,
thank you, Oralloy. I'll look that up.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 11:40 pm
@Mame,
You're welcome.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 04:10 am
Anybody heard from Ticomaya recently?
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
he was here a few monthsago, maybe a pit stop.

The internet has, more or less, taken up sides with assertions and insults and Its hard not to get drawn into it when theres something we feel pssionte about.
I recall when it was more respectful here. Even ABUZZ, (2k's progenitor) got nasty and downright crazy at the end. I think were heading that way because Its hard getting passionate about subjects when you know that it will boil down, not to facts and evidence, but to beliefs and tribalist BS
Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 06:39 am
@Mame,
The world needs more joefromchicago
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 06:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
He snuck in a post a while back.

The world needs more ticomaya too
Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:05 am
@Joeblow,
And patiodog and nimh goddamit!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:45 am
@Joeblow,

dag and littlek...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:45 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

he was here a few monthsago, maybe a pit stop.

The internet has, more or less, taken up sides with assertions and insults and Its hard not to get drawn into it when theres something we feel pssionte about.
I recall when it was more respectful here. Even ABUZZ, (2k's progenitor) got nasty and downright crazy at the end. I think were heading that way because Its hard getting passionate about subjects when you know that it will boil down, not to facts and evidence, but to beliefs and tribalist BS

Yeah, things have changed considerably during the last few years.

Speaking of Abuzz...remember ICAN and the person we used to call Goldie. AU (something or other)?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:48 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

dag and littlek...

I saw Dag and Little K mentioned earlier. EhBeth has a picture of me stretched out on the laps of the three of them over at Lola's place. Dag damn near got me killed when she touted mushroom hunting...and I decided I was expert enough to do it safely.

Yeah, I'm an expert, alright!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:49 am
The Prince, I think this one member called himself. He had a good sense of humor.
rockhead
ossobuco
joe sixpack
bella dea
fbaezer
FBM
Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:07 am
@Region Philbis,
Oh I know! Be still my heart...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:19:17