A2K People ...

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:40 am
@farmerman,
No, that was Joanne Dorel.

Noddy was old and ill and yes, I know this from her son.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:43 am
@jespah,
Old from your age-point of view! Wink
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:55 am
Does anyone know why Izzie doesn't post anymore? She was such a vibrant presence here and a darling in real life. We had dinner with her and her son back in 2010.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 12:03 pm
@Mame,
I don't know about Izzie, but sadly Letty passed away a few years ago.
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 12:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you, GB.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 12:37 pm
Izzie is on facebook now
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 02:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Too bad I don't do FB anymore.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 04:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You were at that 2008 ABQ meet! I remember now - we went for a drive on Route 66 in Dys' car. You were quite funny. Thomas never said a word, but he ate Osso's sandwich in Taos when she went to the loo. Guess he was hungry.
Linkat

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 04:42 pm
@Mame,
When I mentioned if anyone would be in Chicago it was because I will be there at that time.

Also as far as a get together I meant I might horrify people … shuck or horrify them with my weirdness. And since you couldn’t follow me I am proving my point.

And I thought there was an A2ker called Joe from Chicago or something like that… but I think there were so many offshoot conversations going on it didn’t connect sort of like this now because it has been so long since you asked this.
roger

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:39 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You were at that 2008 ABQ meet!
So was I! I was there when you drove us to Old Town and showed us how to parallel park, on a one way street, in an unfamiliar rental car. Masterful job, by the way.
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:44 pm
@roger,
I know YOU were there, roger! lol That's when I fell in love with you.

I don't remember the parking episode, but parallel parking was one of the three things I learned in driving school Smile And I drove a '63 Pontiac for 10 years in Vancouver, lol.

I thought JLNobody was there, too, sitting back all quiet.

I said that to Walter because I knew I'd met him, but couldn't remember where.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:45 pm
@Linkat,
Well, I don't know what flying is going to be like next month, so I'm not going to commit to anything. Canada has strict requirements for re-entry or entry into Canada.

But, I'd still love to do a meet up some time.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:47 pm
JoeNation gave me Roberta's email yesterday but it doesn't work. I don't know the last time he emailed her. I should have asked for her phone number.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody has a way to contact her to let her know I'm asking. Really love that woman.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:54 pm
@Mame,

she posted on wednesday.

your best bet would prolly be to send her a PM...
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:59 pm
@Region Philbis,
Oh! Thank you so much!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:35 pm
realjohnboy passed some time back. He's one guy I really miss.
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:22 pm
@George,
I think he's the one I met at Dys' place... really gentle person.
roger

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:43 pm
@Mame,
Realjohnboy was there.
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 09:34 pm
@roger,
Yeah! I thought so. Quiet, in the background, gentle. That's what I remember.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 10:33 pm
I've just met a few a2kers. Roger - a fine gentleman - Ossobucco - was friendly and kind - Diane - she was not feeling well that day but got engaged and talkative anyway - Bob Wells Dys - There was magic in his presence. Something I've rarely experienced around others. The visit was all too brief, but I will treasure it. On another occasion I met Cicerone Imposter and PDiddie for lunch and a visit to a local museum. I love those two guys.

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:37:32