A2K People ...

Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

The Prince used to be gautam before he was the prince, too (I think I spelled that right)
glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:11 am
@edgarblythe,
Wasn't FBM teaching English in South Korea? He was an interesting guy and would talk about his teaching methods and students,,,,seemed very inventive and then without warning just never posted again.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:12 am
@Joeblow,
Endy. Colorbook. Suzy aka the reincarnationofsuzy.greenwitch. so many! Long may they run...
Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:15 am
@Joeblow,
The wonderful Panzade!

I'm gonna be here all day.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:45 am
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

The Prince used to be gautam before he was the prince, too (I think I spelled that right)

Yeah. Gautam came across the water into town at one point...and he, Jonathan (Joe Nation) and I went to dinner at a nice place in Chelsea. Gautam was gay...and rather militantly so. He did his best to make everyone around him aware that he was...and that night he paid special attention to the waiter at the restaurant where we ate. Interesting meet!
Joeblow

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 08:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
A few of us met him in T.O. It was bittersweet, Cav had died shockingly, and he'd initially booked the trip specifically to meet him I think. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the hell out of him! He's the only other guy I know who likes CC, for one Smile
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 09:05 am
I’ve been hanging out here and on Abuzz for decades. I’ve also met a few members both in Boston area in 2001 (orig a Bostonite) and then in NYC in 2016.

Furthermore, after moving to So FL became friends with another relocated member and her mom around 2013-2016.Great bunch of folks, all in all. Hope to met more as I’m a snowbird between upstate NY and so. FL.

Oh yeah, when I started to travel overseas around 2018, I met Izzy and his 2 children. A good time was had by all.

Though at times on A2K it’s unavoidable, I tend to avoid dust-ups as I just don’t see the need for them. I’m not that bored that I need that in my life. Some just thrive on it, or don’t know any better as to how to avoid it.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 09:14 am
@glitterbag,
FBM was a real Renaissance guy. His breadth of knoowledge was delivered with such class that I can see how he succeeded at ESL teaching. He was a black belt TaiKwan Do, an expert on Renaissance painting, a hell of a good photographer, and a musician.

How bout White Fang and his herd of sled dogs.

Did someone say that JL Nobody had passed? He sent me some egs. of his abstractions and they were like abstracted Hoppers, really neat.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 10:19 am
@farmerman,
Do you remember Noddy, I think she met a sudden end and left many of the early members stricken, very sad. She was very engaging, bid fan of David Lynch and had a knack of creating expressive and novel comments. I can't quote her directly, but wasn't she the one who coined "you have a most unusual fleet of boats to float". (I don't think that's accurate, but hopefully close).

There was also a poster who went by 'Ethelred the unready', but maybe that was NYT Abuzz.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 10:28 am
@farmerman,
JL Nobody has passed away. Unfortunately, I'd only "met" him on phone (any time I've been in Albuquerque, thanks to dys). He gave me some eccelent advice about books on the history of American Indians. (And thanks to him and dys, I've been to all pueblos in NM.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 10:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oh, since he was mentioned: gautam is/was a real prince (in India, at least).
Met him a couple of times in London.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 10:59 am
@glitterbag,
was Noddy an artist who commited suicide? If that who you mean I believe she lived in Nawlins cause I recall we had fun carrying on in "accent and dialect" .Or was that someone of another stage nme?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:04 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Wasn't FBM teaching English in South Korea? He was an interesting guy and would talk about his teaching methods and students,,,,seemed very inventive and then without warning just never posted again.

Yes. I felt very close to him, as did many others.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:04 am
@Ragman,
I mt Tak, Thomas, and Om sig.
Om sig was as wide as he was deep (Intellectually) He was of small stature but a real expert on Constitutional Law.
Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:12 am
@farmerman,
Acknowledging all those members. Funny how we “know” these members and yet never met and in some cases, will never get the chance. Those members you mentioned added some of the bright colors and character to the forum.

Before I forget, what happened to Sturgis? I fear the worst as he had taken ill before he disappeared.

I’m trying to think... I just thought of it...LightingWiz(ard?). He was a retired Hollywood CA lighting guy who had met some of the top celebs of the big screen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:14 am
timur
dorothy parker
vinsan
onyxell
mapleleaf
nick fun
ebrown

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:27 am
@edgarblythe,
2Packs, Bi-Polar Bear, Lord Elpuss, barrythemod - so many people gone from here that were fun to talk with

patiodog
husker
sublime1
mac11
margo
letty
material girl
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:28 am
@farmerman,
I had no idea Noddy committed suicide. How did anyone here find out?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:31 am
@Mame,
One of Noddy's last posts that I recall, she said she was so tired of always hurting.
Mame

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:36 am
@edgarblythe,
That is so sad.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:44:20