A2K People ...

roger

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2021 11:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've met a fair bunch, but most don't seem to be around anymore. The last was a few years ago. She was FreeDuck. A totally impressive person.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 12:17 am
@edgarblythe,
Cicerone Imposter hasn't posted for almost 2 months. Does anyone know if he's okay?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 12:46 am
@cherrie,
He's quite often (under various names) on facebook
cherrie

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 02:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walter.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 05:08 am
Djjd.
Boomerang.

And so many more, whose names allude me at the moment, not because of their impact, but because my recall has long been deserting me. More's the pity.

I miss reading them. This place has kept me company, entertained, educated, infuriated and enlightened me for a lot of years, even if those posting had no idea of it.

Lol. Ok. Go in peace...

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 05:26 am
Violet Lake – I knew her from Abuzz. She came here in the first migration but didn't stay around very long.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 05:53 am
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

Cicerone Imposter hasn't posted for almost 2 months. Does anyone know if he's okay?

He posted on Facebook yesterday. He just turned 85.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 06:29 am
YAHH Joan Dorel was an artist from Nawlins.Mrs F and I tried to meet her but it wasnt to be even though we would have been neighbors for a yar or so.
LIGHTWIZARD was one of the best all around knowledge guys on print art. He did NOT suffer fools who tried to argue how thir limited edition prints were worth anything.(Hed call em posters )

He was quite an expert on modern art as well as theater lighting .

remmbr FISHIN from Abuzz. Hewas still on A2k for a few years then gone.

Tak is a real mensch. Me and Thomas met he and his wife at Valley Forge and ha a nice tim at dinnr. His travel xperiences mae me jealous since all (or most) of my travel was business or some other orders , so I missed many of the sights he was able to see.

There was another abstract painter who was trained at Chicago School. He was interesting and was as argumenttive as anyone weve known here.He was generous with his tips on using a pallette knife (if he felt you werent just blowin smoke).

He was , perhaps, the greatest talent Ive ever heard at downdressing and disassembling phonies.Forgot his name, but he gave me whut fer when I told him I lived ner Andrew Wyeth.(WHOM he hated as a "christmas card artist). It got ugly from there.

There ws another guy who played the accordion (my childhood curse before playing keyboard0.
His great line was "A man who sees life as a glass half full is an accordion player with a beeper" (Beepers were old time call messaging dinguses)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 06:30 am
who used to do the "Daddy had a harbor seal" jingles??
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 06:35 am
@farmerman,
Sealpoet
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 06:41 am
You may be thinking of Asherman in a previous post. He was an artist and he posted his own short stories here. He had a pretty good temper.
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 06:54 am
@edgarblythe,
NO I had great conversatios with Ashrman an like Set, he was a bit testy at times but you always went away satisfied (like I talked with someone better at something than I made believe I coulda been). No i Reacall Ashermans tales and poems(I think thats when I started following your missives and Joe Nation. You three guy were the BEST at communication for its own ake. Poesy, short stories, reminiscences, stories about your brother >

BRILLIANT!

NO, the artist fron Chicago could be a real bitch if he felt you rent good enough. JL got along with him because he knw how to control this guys opinion circuits, I had no clue

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 07:07 am
I was asherman's friend until he turned against me for my politics. I just read over one of his stories the other day and found it even better than I remembered.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 07:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

NO I had great conversatios with Ashrman an like Set, he was a bit testy at times but you always went away satisfied (like I talked with someone better at something than I made believe I coulda been). No i Reacall Ashermans tales and poems(I think thats when I started following your missives and Joe Nation. You three guy were the BEST at communication for its own ake. Poesy, short stories, reminiscences, stories about your brother >

BRILLIANT!

NO, the artist fron Chicago could be a real bitch if he felt you rent good enough. JL got along with him because he knw how to control this guys opinion circuits, I had no clue

Joe Nation did the best humor writing on A2K ever...and was just as full of humor in real life. If you cannot laugh at the stuff he writes, you are in big trouble.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 07:19 am
What was the name of the guy in Abuzz who used to write weird stuff in the third person. Never referred to himself except in the third person. I think he was from Scotland...but it may have been elsewhere in the UK.

What his screen name Himself?
Glennn

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 07:31 am
The Goblin?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 07:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think it was 'Himself', he passed away over 10 years ago.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 08:16 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I think it was 'Himself', he passed away over 10 years ago.

Thanks. Yeah, I remember his passing. I think it was his wife posted something about his going.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 08:20 am
Himself: ye, and the Un-Named one, must retreat from your mindless acid
throwing, and devote yourselves to a draft from the well of
reason and truth; aye a long draft, enough to flush from the
(your) minds system the matter (feces is part of it, ye speak of
it often) in sufficient quantity to leave but sentient
thought/words only.

He tried to get admitted to a hospital, was turned away, and died the same night. I don't recall which city he was in.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2021 08:22 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Himself: ye, and the Un-Named one, must retreat from your mindless acid
throwing, and devote yourselves to a draft from the well of
reason and truth; aye a long draft, enough to flush from the
(your) minds system the matter (feces is part of it, ye speak of
it often) in sufficient quantity to leave but sentient
thought/words only.

He tried to get admitted to a hospital, was turned away, and died the same night. I don't recall which city he was in.

Sounds like a quote from him...or a great job of capturing the spirit of his posts as I remember them.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K People ...
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 06:48:12