I feel like I woke up on a merry go round.

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:45 pm
it was only wax that was draining.
No puss, or other body fluid.
It was like ... I dunno.. warm honey?
No infected smell. In fact no infection at all.
The draining has stopped. Now it is just a slightly sticky mess around my ear that a good qtip takes care of. No more washing my pillow, or taping a cottom ball to my lobe.
I still have headaches, but my balance seems to be back and I have not been dizzy at all.
So all in all I think it is going away.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:46 pm
Some ear wax is gooy and some ear wax is flaky--it is a matter of genetics.

I think American Indians run to the gooy wax, but my memory is hazy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:49 pm
I dont recall ever having flakey wax. But then again, up until now I never had to pay attention to it. Nor have I choose to.
That all changes now.
Regular self ear checks will be a norm for me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:59 pm
Glad to hear things are improving!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 07:26 pm
hmmmmmmm allergies can cause lotsa extra ear wax gunk in dogs. wonder if it's the same for people?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:44 am
that is a possibility.
Lately here we have had our mold count realllly high according to the local news. Mostly because we have had alot more rain then we usually do this time of year. We are getting a semi-backlash from the hurricanes. Mild winds and terrible humidity.
I have never been one plagued with allergies, but alot of mold can upset anyone.
I have only lived in Texas for about 5 years now..
Not quite long enough to experience the full 'allergy' rollercoaster this climate has to offer.
THe folklore is ..Supposedly(!) every 10 years, the city floods..
Every 4 years , dust storms from other parts of the world
Every 7 years mosquitos get large enough to carry off townspeople.. the homeless, children,and short people go first..
etc..etc.. Laughing
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:56 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Every 7 years mosquitos get large enough to carry off townspeople.. the homeless, children,and short people go first..
etc..etc.. Laughing

maybe you'll get lucky and they will carry off leslie.

glad to hear you are doing better. when i moved to texas way back in the day, they told me if you didn't have allergies before, you will have them now. apparently austin to houston to corpus christi is the worst zone for allergies in the country (so said my allergist). but i would assume you would be having other symptoms not just mass amounts of wax. maybe it was a fluke? glad to hear it is coming to an end though.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:05 am
I actually like that freakish guy.
Granted, he is a little touched in the head, but the guy has some balls to be doing what he does all the time.
( no pun intended... no matter how much he wants to show his balls,, I aint seen 'em!)

I have had NO other symptoms. That is why I scooted my butt to the ER first, then a regular doc second. This was just way too strange.
I moved here from new mexico.. where water is a figment of your imagination. NO mold can survive there, allergies? pppbbtthhh.. unless you are allergic to sand , you will have none there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:37 am
This is reassuring for me, allergy queen who is moving to New Mexico...

I know I'll miss being by the water though.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:01 am
if you move there , you will loose the allergy queen title.

There is a river ( well.. . long puddle ) running through the middle of the city.
Get close enough to it and everything is green an can even feel a bit humid.
It will require you going TO it, but there is water and green plants to be found in Albq. ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:42 am
I've seen the river...

hmmm.

But, hey, I noticed there are lots of big indoor swimming pools (speaking of infection).
0 Replies