I feel like I woke up on a merry go round.

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:32 am
I woke up this morning really quickly.
It was about 720 and I heard bean . I jumped out of bed and my eyes were spinning, I was sweating and I was literally turning around.
Have you ever gotten yourself so dizzy that you cant stand still?
That is how my body was reacting. I felt like I had just got off of a merry go round .
I stood still next to my bed for a minute then tried to get dressed.
It wasnt bad enough that I wasnt able to keep my balance, but I kept stumbling around and my head was spinning
Im sure it looked like somoene who was really dizzy.
I made my way downstairs and started making a bottle for bean and my coffee and was STILL stumbling and dizzy.

I know that if people wake up during REM sleep it can have effects on thier coordination , orientation, and visual abilities..
Could I have done that?
To wake someone up during REM sleep takes ALOT !
I dont think there was enough stimulation in my bedroom for that to happen. So I wonder, can you wake up naturally during REM sleep?
Has this ever happend for anyone else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 24,984 • Replies: 90
No top replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:34 am
are you still dizzy now? the only thing i can think of that happened to me was an inner ear infection that made me all stumbly and dizzy. when i swam, i used to get them all the time and trouble with balance. just a thought...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:36 am
i am still a bit dizzy.
Espically if I look down.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:50 am
shewolf--

You know what you would advise anyone else to do (particularly someone else with your medical history)? See a doctor.

If what you have is infectious, you don't want to share with Bean--or Mr. Wolf or even the Bitch on the Fringes of the Pack.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 08:12 am
point taken. ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:11 am
You're a nurse.
You have a medical history that makes your symptoms red flag red flag red flag.At least call your doctor.

I have a history of dizziness, balance probs related to post-viral scar tissue in my ears. When mrs. hamburger went to the hospital with the same symptoms, they checked her out for TIA and similar events.

Call the doc.

<errrr, I can't ever get up fast anymore because of the scar tissue residuals>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 03:31 pm
Shewolf--

Have you called your doctor yet?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 05:10 pm
i am on my way to the doc in 30 minutes.
;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 05:11 pm
Good wolfMomma.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
Ab-SO-LUTE_ly, den mother.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 06:02 pm
Damn, I'm all freaked out! Shewolf - where are you? We need an update!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 06:31 pm
And the doctor said?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:16 pm
no news is good news

right?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 08:16 pm
Shewolf, we need to hear from you! The scar tissue on ear drums is a common problem; one that also affects my balance. At one time, I was so dizzy that I couldn't drive. It can be controlled fairly well, but you need to know for sure what it is.

Wishing you well, you awesome mommy. Love to bean and hewolf and the same to you as well as a big hug for you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 08:22 pm
Surely she didn't drive herself to the Doc!

She would know better than that, right?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
Oh no, squinney, I sure hope not!!

Here's to our girl in case her tummy begins to feel the dizziness:

Artist: Muppets
Song Title: It'S Not Easy Being Green

Greetings, Kermit the Frog here
And today I'd like to tell you a little bit about the color green
Do you know what's green
Well I am for one thing
You see frogs are green, and I'm a frog
And that means that I'm green, you see

It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over
'Cause you're not standing out
Like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like a mountain
Or important like a river
Or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder why wonder
I am green, and it'll do fine
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be

Love ya.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:00 pm
She posted on the site this evening...... she sounded ok.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 03:53 am
I have had a continuing problem with dizziness for many years. It has been so bad at times, that on two occasions, I ended up in the ER. My ENT figured oout the major cause for me.........................caffeine. The older I get, the more sensitive I get.

I would have an "attack" after using over the counter cold remedies. over the counter diet pills, which all have caffeine in it. It has gotten to the point where I can't even drink decaf coffee.

Another possibility is a problem in the disc in the neck. If you have a bad disc, and were sleeping in a way where the disc was affected, that could cause dizziness upon awakening.

I would have it checked out medically.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 07:35 am
This morning I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck.
I went to a doctor who quickly shuffled me into an er room.
Did some basic neurological tests and said he was confident it wasnt any kind of stroke. Apparently , the things I was describing were common symptoms if TIA's ( mini strokes )
He took a swab culture of my throat and my right ear, saying it seemed like a really bad ear infection.
Left the room to examine the cultures.. and came back about an hour later saying that there was no signs of bacteria, fungus, or any virus. Claimed that he saw a TON of ear wax in my right ear that is 90% of the problem.
He said that peoples ears sometimes go through , what he called ' houscleaning'. Meaning the production of fluids and wax are accelerated in attempts to wash stuff out of the ear canal.
The side effects of this are
Sudden balance loss ( i fell a few times yesterday, no notice)
Dizzyness when you wake up
Sickness to the stomach
Small fever
Small hearing loss
Painful ear
Drainage
Sore throat.
All of wich are symptoms of a really bad ear infection, but because there are no signs of bacteria, that was his diagnosis.
I cant drive for a few days, and have to be careful walking. He said that when the ears do this, the weight of the ear wax on the ear canal effects the pocket of fluid that is in the ear canal that gives us our balance.
The reason for the prolonged dizzyness in the morning was simply because I was laying on my side for a while and the wax built up and put alot of pressure on my ear canal. Since wax is thick, it takes a while to disperse and drain. He said that was the reason for being very dizzy for several hours.

I feel better knowing that it isnt something too wrong, but I stil think there may be more too it. Just paranoia I guess..
Dizzyness is still here. Stomach is rocking like i am on a boat. I didnt hear Jillian wake up this morning...
So far, everything I am experiencing is exactly what he said would happen..>sigh<
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 08:21 am
Thanks for the update!!!

I'm confused, though. Did he clear out the wax and look at your middle ear? Everything you're describing is for outer ear infections, while the fever painful ear etc. would apply to middle ear infections, too.

Glad it wasn't a stroke and that you had it looked at!
0 Replies