I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 06:40 am
There are so many remedies being offered to help one with this or that condition. If we follow all the ones that could pertain to ourselves we would be in deep doo doo for following instructions, not the least of which is " each morning take it first on an empty stomach." How can we take five or six or whatever first? Which comes down to use your best judgement and figure out what works best for you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 08:06 pm
I have always been amazed that Youtube allows this sort of thing. I once protested to no effect.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 08:06 am
Here's an interesting story about how personal experience changed Leonard Cohen's perspective.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/when-leonard-cohen-sang-of-fighting-with-his-brothers-in-the-yom-kippur-war/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 05:38 am
I know how dirt feels. Turned 79 as I slept last night.
Ragman

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 07:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Happy birthday, Edgar! We share an almost-birthday on the 20th. Mine is the 72nd year. I’m currentlywell and, Hopefully, I’ll make it through without a scratch.

I’ll get my vaccine booster shot AFTER my b-day. I’m a little bit superstitious but I’ve got an appointment as I’m not taking chances.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 07:45 am
Sounds good. Happy birthday, in case I miss it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 07:50 am
Conditions were perfect at the park. 72 degrees, sun barely peeping. The mirror lake flat and placid. Ducks waiting as we parked. The squirrels are making a comeback. I found I walk best with both knee braces and the cane. Then remove the braces on getting home. Walking around the house I rarely experience any discomfort. I may keep the braces for a while today, as I'm contemplating getting on top of the house to sweep the roof.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 12:44 pm
I had to get away from facebook. So many happy birthdays I got tired of responding.
roger

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 01:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy Birthday!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 02:04 pm
@roger,
Smile Thanks, Roger
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 03:57 pm
I wasn't even born when this song came out but I love listening to it Smile

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 04:00 pm
@jcboy,
I love that song. Some of Neil Diamond's other songs along with this one are favorites of mine.
jcboy

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 04:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me too and I'm listening to it now Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 04:22 pm
@jcboy,
When I get hooked on a song I play it repeatedly for days at a time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 09:54 am
I'm no poet in the sense that Robert Frost is a poet or William Carlos Williams. But I like some of my best work. I've been posting on Vocal, both verses and fiction. Most of the poetry on there is I suppose blank verse. I look for what makes it poetry and can't find the key. Many new poets don't search for rhymes and I'm fine with that. Maybe I'm hidebound and just don't see. Live and let live must be the motto.
roger

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 11:49 am
@edgarblythe,
No rhyme, no meter, no meaning. Hey look! I'm a poet, too.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2021 11:59 am
@roger,
I ran into other "poets" who think removing all adjectives from a bit of writing transforms into poetry.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 06:46 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 10:39 pm
I finally cleaned off the pine needles and such on the back half of the roof, which was done with an ordinary leaf rake, Tomorrow I have to walk on top to clean the front. It varies with the seasons how often this needs to be done.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 05:46 am
@Ragman,
Oops, I typoed. I’m only 71. That new Math is to blame.