I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 08:04 am
I follow Shaun King every day on Facebook. He wrote the following this morning.

Shaun King is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
·
I’m being harassed by this law firm that works for Carlos Vega, the disgraced former prosecutor who just lost in Philadelphia. ⁣

What’s wild is that the attorney there that’s harassing me, Louis Tumolo, AKA Lou Tumolo, also used to work in the Philadelphia DA’s office and wrongly convicted a young Black man named Sherman McCoy using false evidence and false testimony from another MONSTER from the @PhillyPolice - Detective Phillip Nordo.⁣

Nordo was a serial rapist. He was raping BOYS and MEN all over the city. At the jail. At the police station. Everywhere. And would frame them if they didn’t allow it. ⁣

In essence, the disgraced prosecutors from Philadelphia, who should all have their law licenses removed, are now either running to defeat @LarryKrasner or harassing any of us who try to hold them accountable. ⁣

Now the Beasley Firm thinks I’m just going to take this harassment quietly but that’s not my way. ⁣
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 12:09 pm
Still in the adjustment stage of using a cane. It spares the use of knee braces, so it is well worth pursuing. The braces make the knees sore and probably mess with the circulation. I discovered while in the park that when standing still it can ease the pressure on both knees. Possibly the greatest obstacle is mental - having to perform in public.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 02:00 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/199215916_5690951750979004_5169126508139427465_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Z-JzXoIRcZMAX_FcMcY&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=16cef02a2a6ff0fd68182d520195ae58&oe=60D053DB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2021 11:02 pm
Just saw in the news that Carol Doda has died. Carol was a pioneering topless dancer in San Francisco. When I lived there, a friend of mine knew a well known lawyer who hobnobbed with Carol. I just missed going to Vegas with all three of them by being out walking when they came by. So I never actually saw Carol or the lawyer. They stuffed a bottle of scotch in my mail with a note. I didn't read the story. I hope her passing was easy.
Ragman

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 04:45 am
@edgarblythe,
Amazing you hung around there back then. I remember her (Twin 44s). I didn’t start traveling until I went into the AF in late 1970.
I never saw her but knew of her fame as the ‘world’s first’ topless dancer circa 1964. For perspective, her first topless performance was a month before the Republicans nominated Barry Goldwater at the old Cow Palace.

FWIW, I just read that her passing was about 6 years ago.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 05:25 am
@Ragman,
I saw the story on a Facebook news item. As I said, I didn't read the story.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 05:27 am
@Ragman,
I started traveling in 1962 due to the dire circumstance that life was not working for me and I tried to get a fresh start.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:05 am
An excavation crew found a Civil War era cannonball. It was taken away to be detonated. Exclamation
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 06:13 am
@edgarblythe,
Really, a cannonball? I thought they were just a lump of iron, all the explosive was used to fire it out of the cannon.

We have WW2 ordnance turn up now and again, that needs to be blown up.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 08:21 am
@izzythepush,
It happened in Houston. They said it appeared to have an explosive and was taken away to be exploded.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 08:47 am
The largest land mammal that ever lived was a rhino?
It must have ate a tree for breakfast.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 12:27 pm
Jordan Anderson, ex-slave responded to the old "master" when asked to come back to work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Anderson
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 02:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Pardon my nitpick: The largest land animal is actually the African bush elephant not the Rhino.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 02:28 pm
@Ragman,
They just unearthed a fossil rhino bigger than any elephant. I think in Australia, but I may be remembering wrong.
Ragman

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 02:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
I see the National Geo article now: it says the fossil was a rhino was found in china and was taller than a giraffe.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The Texas governor says he solved the power grid problem and wants to move on now to build a wall on the border with Mexico. Apparently, his solution to the power grid situation is to tell us to not use it.

lol... and yeah, love that new gun law. Your governor is an asshat. But you know that already.

And I, too, loved that pic of your mom. She sounds like an amazing woman and sorry she died so young.

And good going with the cane, but you might want to find another trail so you don't get wiped out by a dick on a bike.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 11:12 pm
Going to bed now. Remember this?:

Womb? Weary?

He rests. He has travelled.

With?

Sinbad the Sailor and Tinbad the Tailor and Jinbad the Jailer and Whinbad the Whaler and Ninbad the Nailer and Finbad the Failer and Binbad the Bailer and Pinbad the Pailer and Minbad the Mailer and Hinbad the Hailer and Rinbad the Railer and Dinbad the Kailer and Vinbad the Quailer and Linbad the Yailer and Xinbad the Phthailer.

When?

Going to dark bed there was a square round Sinbad the Sailor roc’s auk’s egg in the night of the bed of all the auks of the rocs of Darkinbad the Brightdayler.

Where?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 08:01 am
I last saw my father at the age of three. Fifty years later, I learned he was murdered for his car, in 1948. After ten years spent with an abusive step father, I was left totally fatherless. Author Phillip Wylie became a sort of unknowing father figure to me, for many years. I grew up not caring enough about my father to check on him, for he and my mother had a rough relationship before she ditched him to join the Okie flood to California. I think I was over forty before I began to feel a need to know the man. It was a feeling of being left unmoored on one of two pillars, the other representing my mother. I don't think one can feel complete without knowing both sides that contributed to their origin. I salute my father on this day. I hope he had a good time of it in the short time he had after we left him.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 12:08 pm
People shake their heads when I disparage the human race. Headlines such as this, for one.

The World Relies on One Chip Maker in Taiwan, Leaving Everyone Vulnerable
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 06:41 am
@edgarblythe,
mmmmm chips
0 Replies