If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

Rebelofnj

Thu 18 Mar, 2021 07:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
It is not really "advocating the LGBTQIA agenda"; it is more studios wanting to appeal to a wider audience, which means using less racist and homophobic jokes than in the past.

And most studios are still hesitant in having an openly gay main character in a major film. Like Harley Quinn is openly bisexual in the comics, but her two live action films (Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey) only show her dating men, with a blink-or-you-miss-it mention of her having a girlfriend.

Similarly, none of Disney's recent films (animated and live action) feature a gay character in a main role. If there a gay character, their scenes are likely very minor and could easily be removed without affecting the plot.

The earliest known gay characters in video games started to appear in the 80s, but the depiction of homosexuality becomes more prominent in the 2000s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_with_LGBT_characters
tsarstepan

Thu 18 Mar, 2021 07:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have an issue with Disney and WB and other animation studios advocating the LGTBQIA agenda through their cartoons now.

I have an issue with DC, Marvel, Archie Comics and other comics publishers doing that through their comics too.

Of course, you have a problem with this. And that makes you a bigot.
JGoldman10

Thu 18 Mar, 2021 11:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know the recent video game Overwatch got a lot of attention because at least one of the main female characters, Tracer, from that game is a lesbian.

They didn't have to make Tracer or any other female characters from that game a lesbian.

They didn't have to make any male characters gay either.
JGoldman10

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 01:05 am
@tsarstepan,
LGBTQIA stuff is NOT CHRISTIAN. It is NOT BIBLICAL. To condone it is to condone sin.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 01:17 am
I just wanted to make simple old-fashioned toons and comics to entertain children with. I am learning about the shifts in the so-called social climate. A lot of what was considered socially acceptable 3 and 4 decades ago isn't considered PC now. I don't care about political correctness.

Like I said there's too many daggone snowflakes in this gen, and political correctness is ruining pop entertainment to an extent.

What animation studios, comic publishers and video game publishers do has nothing to do with me.
izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 02:13 am
@JGoldman10,
You should be praying about your bigotry, why when Jesus said “Love thy neighbour,” you do the exact opposite.

Pray for forgiveness.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 02:23 am
@JGoldman10,
Part of Overwatch's appeal is their diverse roster, which means there is a mix of different races and sexualities.
It is not like Tracer's sexuality is going to affect the game's story or game play.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 02:33 am
@JGoldman10,
You could still make your cartoon, though you may have trouble getting a young audience due to your possibly outdated humor.

Based on what you are writing here, you seems like you want to use homophobic and racist jokes but social changes are forcing you to change them. You can still use them, but those might limit your audience even more.

And going back to the original question: Disney recently commissioned a brand new "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" poster this week from Mondo.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0558/2081/files/StanVince_RogerRabbit_Lg_961b9a56-fcbb-48b7-bc41-bfc044a0e683_1024x1024.jpg?v=1615939276
izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 05:45 am
@Rebelofnj,
It’s this inherent sense of superiority that pervades most of his posts. His religion is the only religion, only people who practice that are “saved” and the rest of us aren’t worthy of consideration.

He’s upset because he feels he can no longer discriminate although he does his level best on A2K.

You’re right though his 19th Century sense of humour and morality will make it difficult for him to find an audience. Although I doubt any of his work will actually get finished. When I first came on to A2K he had this idea of Street fighting gangs beating up crooks and solving crimes. He spent years researching that all for naught.

Rebelofnj

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 03:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I have a morbid curiosity as to what JG has in mind that is considered not at all politically correct. Like, is he using old slurs? Outdated stereotypes? Poorly aged generalizations of certain groups?

I would be fine with JG's works if he didn't dwell on why kids should dislike others for being different.
Rebelofnj

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 03:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why do you care about Overwatch? In all likelihood, your computer is not equip to play the game and probably only saw some game trailer.

And somehow, you have ignored all of the other major games that allows players to have same sex romances.
izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 04:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know, I am very free and easy. I am not a controlling parent at all, but I wouldn’t want any of my kids reading something by him.
JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 07:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know about Overwatch. I know something about the fandom. I have seen fanart and watched fan-made videos and such.

I am not completely ignorant about current video games. I know Fortnite and Team Fortress 2 are popular too.

I learned about current video games coming out in part to reading articles online and from watching web videos and from watching video game review shows like X-Play.
JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 07:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Why? Because I refuse to include any LBGTQIA characters in my works? In MY animated cartoons and comics?

No one is forcing you and your family to WATCH MY CARTOONS AND/OR READ MY COMICS. I want to make money.
JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 07:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

You could still make your cartoon, though you may have trouble getting a young audience due to your possibly outdated humor.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "outdated humor".

What is "Mondo"?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 07:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Why? Because I refuse to include any LBGTQIA characters in my works? In MY animated cartoons and comics?

No one is forcing you and your family to WATCH MY CARTOONS AND/OR READ MY COMICS. I want to make money.

I want to produce kid-friendly/family-friendly/all-age entertainment in good conscience.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 08:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know about Overwatch. I know something about the fandom. I have seen fanart and watched fan-made videos and such.

I am not completely ignorant about current video games. I know Fortnite and Team Fortress 2 are popular too.

I learned about current video games coming out in part to reading articles online and from watching web videos and from watching video game review shows like X-Play.

X-Play ended 8 years ago.

As I implied before, it seems you haven't actually played any recent video games since the 1990s.

Overwatch is not even the most prominent game with a LGBT playable character or has LGBT themes.

Quote:
Please elaborate on what you mean by "outdated humor".

What is "Mondo"?

You keep insisting on using non-politically correct humor while complaining about the presence of LGBT themes in modern entertainment. Which only means you may be using some homophobic jokes and stereotypes in your works, unless you can prove me wrong in my assessment.

Your works don't have to be LGBT friendly, but it is wise to not to have jokes and comments that negatively targets the LGBT community.

Mondo is a specialty shop that produces posters, record covers, and other merchandise. Like I said, Disney collaborated with Mondo to produce a new Roger Rabbit poster.
https://mondoshop.com/
JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 10:27 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't intend on making jokes about gays or lesbians or any other member of the LGBQTIA community, nor make any reference to the LGBQTIA community, nor am I going to introduce kids to any LGBTQIA characters.

Kids DO NOT need to be subject to LBGQTIA material.
JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 10:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I've played Angry Birds Friends and Words With Friends online on FB. Does that count?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 11:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I have seen Mondo's work. They make posters like this:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51061630036_452b874f41_o.png

I didn't know what the name of the company was.
0 Replies