If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 05:06 am
@izzythepush,
No, of course not. The film came out when I was a little boy. I never saw it. I remember I owned an issue of Mad Magazine that featured a parody of Splash in it. My mother got hold of my mag and took the liberty of censoring it for me. I think she tore pages out of it.

As a Christian I wouldn't dare watch the movie.
izzythepush

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 05:23 am
@JGoldman10,
So why are you moaning about scenes being cut from a film you would never see?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 07:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Why did you even bring up Disney Plus in the first place, when you not only don't use the service, but you don't even care about what Disney does?

Earlier in this thread, you said this without any evidence (that article barely counts):
Quote:
I think Disney has taken a very extremist stance regarding censorship on Disney Plus.

https://able2know.org/topic/556394-1#post-7113192

Considering your family's strict conservative beliefs, it's odd you were allowed to read MAD magazine at all, censored or not.
izzythepush

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 08:20 am
@Rebelofnj,
I know, that surprised me.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 09:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I read Mad Magazine before I got Saved as a kid. Before I got Saved I had a collection. My little brother and I got Saved around the same time. I was 11 and he was 8.

I looked at Mad Magazine AND Cracked Magazine occasionally since then but I didn't buy any copies of these magazines since then.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 09:44 pm
@Rebelofnj,
My mother was concerned about me being subjected to sexual jokes and some other adult content in the Splash parody in that particular issue of Mad Magazine I'm referring to when I was a kid, that's why she took my mag away and took pages out of it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 09:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I presume all the studios in Hollywood have gone crazy with political correctness now. I know Disney and Warner Bros. has. I think it's ridiculous.

There are too many daggone snowflakes in this generation.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 09:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Mermaids are not of God. That's a big reason WHY I do not want to watch Splash.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:33 pm
@izzythepush,
What's to be surprised about? My parents weren't Saved when they let me read Mad Magazine as a kid.

My family and I all got Saved around the same time.

My dad certainly wasn't Saved when he allowed me and my younger brother to watch The Benny Hill Show with him.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:23 am
@JGoldman10,
Saved? You regularly preach the exact opposite of what Christ taught, and you do it knowingly.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 04:05 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I presume all the studios in Hollywood have gone crazy with political correctness now. I know Disney and Warner Bros. has. I think it's ridiculous.

There are too many daggone snowflakes in this generation.

Want to give any reason why you think that?

Most studios want to give the impression of being more open minded, but they are only interested in making money than in making genuine social changes.

Like how Disney saying there is an LGBT couple in the recent Star Wars film, but their scene is in the background and could (and has been) easily be removed in some international releases.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 06:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Considering you don't haven't seen ANY Disney or WB film/show in years (or practically any big budget film in the last 20 years), why do you care about what they do in their films?

It is not like you are going to see them any time soon. You are just going to complain about them based on what you read online without actually watching them.

JGoldman10

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 12:51 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I watched some regular TV when I had cable/satellite TV service. That's not true.

How are streaming services different?
izzythepush

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
You can choose what to watch and when to watch it. For example I’m currently watching Stargate SG1 with my younger son because he was either too young or not even born when it first came out.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
Other than the ability to watch anything on demand and the growing amount of streaming exclusive films and shows, there is the ease of watching films and shows that were originally hard to find due to the limited supply of VHS and DVD.

I'm recently watched all 58* Disney Animated Canon (1937-2021) on Disney Plus. and I'm watching all 10 seasons of Friends on HBO MAX.

*58 out of 59 on Disney Plus. Make Mine Music is unavailable legally.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 07:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
You didn't answer my question:

*Considering you don't haven't seen ANY Disney or WB film/show in years, why do you care about what they do in their films?
JGoldman10

Wed 17 Mar, 2021 08:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't really care. That has nothing to do with any cartoons and/or comics I plan on making. I thought about working for a cartoon studio in Hollywood years ago and about working for a comic publisher in NYC but I don't want some company trying to dictate to me what to do with MY creations. I don't know how much creative clout, freedom and license I would have working on MY cartoons and comics since I created them. I was not thrilled with the prospect of having to move to Hollywood to go work in animation for a living. I tried getting a job working at some animation studios in NYC and had little success. I tried pitching material for a comics series I wanted DC to publish or me when they were still in NYC but they turned it down. I think I mentioned this in another thread.

I have seen some current Disney and WB shows and films on cable/satellite TV when I still had this service. That is not true.

I want to produce MY OWN cartoons and comics. I want to write and animate my own toons, write and illustrate my own comics, and voice act for my own cartoons.

I want to learn how to produce comics professionally, and voice act professionally. Maybe take some refresher courses in animation since i haven't been in school in an x number of years.

Maybe hire a few pro voice actors to voice some of my characters with me.

I signed up for a voice acting training program online. I am waiting till I have the money to buy a voice acting mic and other stuff I need for a home studio. I am waiting to make sure I have the time to learn how to use Flash, Illustrator, QuarkExpress and Photoshop through an online system called The Metrix Learning System on my laptop from my local employment center.
Rebelofnj

Thu 18 Mar, 2021 03:22 am
@JGoldman10,
You have said all of this many times before, in one variation or another.

Though, you didn't quite explain why you took issue with Disney or Warner Bros being politically correct, as you say, and what examples have you seen?

I keep mentioning that you haven't seen any recent films and shows because that is what you told me. You mainly watch clips on YouTube and whatever appears on TV.

You also never talked about any recent films or shows released in the last 5 years.
izzythepush

Thu 18 Mar, 2021 04:33 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't really care.

Clearly you do otherwise you wouldn’t have started a thread on it.

It’s bizarre, you’re complaining about something you never intend to watch in the first place. That would be like me complaining about the Super Bowl.

It’s not the ban that upsets you it’s the reason. You don’t like bans that are intended to stop the exploitation of women, you like bans that pander to weird religious types even though in reality the ban is no different regardless of motivation.

No wonder you never get anything done.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 18 Mar, 2021 06:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I have an issue with Disney and WB and other animation studios advocating the LGTBQIA agenda through their cartoons now.

I have an issue with DC, Marvel, Archie Comics and other comics publishers doing that through their comics too.

I do not like the fact pop entertainment has become more perverse and corrupt.

I know pushing the LGBTQIA agenda through video games is a relatively new phenomenon but have openly gay characters always been around since video games were first created AND first publicized?

I remember Birdo from the Mario franchise being one of the first.

This is all stuff I SHOULD be praying about.