Nobody is telling you what to do.
All this false indignation is because you will never write comics for children not because of snowflakes or political correctness but because you will never get off your backside and do anything.
Sloth is one of the seven deadly sins.
I just looked up when the OP joined A2K.
Since 2005 (2013, actually), I, personally, have written the following novels of at least 50k words:
1) Untrustworthy (published)
2) The Obolonk Murders
2) The Polymer Beat
3) The Badge of Humanity
4) The Enigman Cave (edited by Roberta, actually)
5) The Real Hub of the Universe
6) The Real Heart of the Universe
7) The Real Hope of the Universe
9) Time Addicts: No One is Safe
10) Time Addicts: Nothing is Permanent
2021 novel is in the outline stage (it's going to be the third in the Time Addicts trilogy)This also doesn't include series bibles written for The Obolonks, Real Hub, Mettle, Enigmans, and Time Addicts.
I have had the following short stories published
(I am doing this off the top of my head so will undoubtedly miss something)
1) All My Aliens
3) Three Minutes Back in Time
4) A True Believer in Skepticism (contract signed, coming out in 2021)
5) The Resurrection of Ditte
6) Wilder Bloom
7) The Boy in the Band
9) (can't recall the name but it's an LGBTQ+ story and it was published in IIRC 2014 or 2015)
I think there may be an eleventh, not certain.
I have written at least 50 short stories not published (probably more like 100; I have written at least 20 this year alone).
Also since 2005:
* I got my Master's in Interactive Media from Quinnipiac University (4.0, baby!)
* Worked a few jobs, culminating in my current role where I am the Content Manager for a business credit advisory firm. I supervise 2 people, since mid-2017.
* I run the Wattpad Nanowrimo profile; it's grown to over 4500 followers from nothing.
* I had a podcast with my friend Shanna for 2 1/2 years; it was about law, society, and fandom.
* I run the Fan Film subforum at TrekBBS, since 2018 I think.
Maybe I'm an overachiever, and I am well aware that it takes a while to draw. Still....