Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 07:20 am
I assume everyone here has read the Dragonlance series, which is an entirely plausible assumption. One of the last trilogies made in the set, I think, is the War of Souls trilogy. Followed by the Dark Disciple. Both of these involve an odd character named Mina.

Mina originally is painted as this Joan of Arc type with a great amount of zeal toward bringing back the gods. She only finds one (because the world has been hidden from the other gods by the evil god Takhisis) so she pushes this one in full knowledge that the planet will be doomed if this one takes power. But while serving this evil One God, she herself performs a number of healing and battle miracles, and people chant her name, not the god's. Eventually, the gods come back, and seal Takhisis's immortality by another god making the sacrifice (there's a sort of scale of balance in the universe, and there must be roughly the same number of good and evil gods).
The second series that involves her has her approached by Chemosh (death god) after she's mourning Takhisis. She helps him update his image (he's tired of zombies and rotting stuff, so he wants a sort of living dead type that look very alive but are kinda all about sex and partying). But eventually, they get thwarted and she gets killed off (sorta). Turns out that she was a god of light, birthed in secret by the two main light gods and kept asleep to preserve the balance. Takhisis found her when all the other gods were hidden from the world, and convinced her she was human.

If you haven't noticed from many of my posts (because you've been too busy trying to paint me as racist *ahem* ), one of things that I concern myself with to a great deal is the idea that the days of this world are probably numbered, and that the Second Coming might actually happen soon.

So, what happens if in the mean time, Jesus is someone who doesn't even know anything is different about him/her? Would everything be okay? Or are we all doomed because Jesus looks for God/Christ in all the wrong people instead of like looking in the mirror? Supposing the reason the Second Coming hasn't happened is that Jesus isn't aware of the fact, or isn't really sure how to use their power correctly. How could things be resolved?

View best answer, chosen by bulmabriefs144
roger

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 03:41 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

I assume everyone here has read the Dragonlance series, which is an entirely plausible assumption.

I must be a nobody. I doubt I've even heard of it.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 04:54 pm
@roger,
Me either Roger, but I don't read a lot of non-fiction and practically zip science fiction.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 05:17 pm
@glitterbag,

never heard of it, me makes three...

R(i'm sure we're the only three on the site)P
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 05:59 pm
Not a clue here. You assumed wrongly.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 08:44 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
That's a really huge assumption.

I have also never heard of it.
roger

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 09:39 pm
@cherrie,
That's five out of five.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2021 12:08 pm
@roger,
Now that we are all here, how about a beer?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:42 pm
Never even heard of it.

Sorry.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2021 04:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You never heard of beer? You sure you're in Jersey?
Ragman

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2021 04:56 am
@Sturgis,
Wait wait, wait ... Jesus lives in Joisey and drinks beer? I’m so confused!
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2021 07:09 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

You never heard of beer? You sure you're in Jersey?

I guess I shoulda added "Dragonlance" to my post...or placement might screw things up.

But I assure youse that I am here in New Jersey.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2021 03:12 am
So.....how about a frosty beer? I'm buying, but I'll buy tonic water for anybody who doesn't like alcohol.
roger

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2021 03:15 am
@glitterbag,
Dunno. What's tonic water taste like.

I can get along with V.O., but I already know what beer tastes like.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2021 07:36 am
@Ragman,
Yes, he does.

Also, I was being sarcastic. Dragonlance is semi-obscure except among its rather rabid fans. And this was after it had wound down for several years (rhe series had a ton of flaws, some of which were that it didn't release a proper trilogy sequence but rather had alot of side-canon and backtracking). There's about 30 or 40 books, but most of them are stuff like tales of Tasselhoff's dad or gnomes. It's a long series of books that seem to have a spotty fanbase, even among its fans.

So you're talking about a book trilogy that I mainly found about because I took it from a hotel in Arizona. Then I read the previous trilogy, or part of it.
0 Replies

glitterbag
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 07:39 am
I guess that clears everything up???? 🥸
0 Replies