How do I attract other Black users to my threads?

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 09:08 am
Hi. I'm not being racist. I'm African American and I would like to know how do I attract other Black site users to my threads?

I'm the past I've started threads about things pertaining to African American culture and about Black culture in general, or about issues that affect African Americans and other blacks.

I tried attracting other Black site users to these threads and no other Black members of this site ever responded.

There is one other Black guy I know of who is a member of this site. I tried contacting him to ask for help with my threads in the past and he never PMed me back.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 13,164 • Replies: 458
Topic Closed

justaguy2

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 09:14 am
@JGoldman10,
I dare say your problems stem from the subjects you start threads about, and how demanding you are, that members MUST respond (otherwise known as "attention seeking").

I'm not surprised the member you PM'd didn't respond, and you shouldn't be PM'ing people just to get them to respond to your threads - that's attention seeking. As attention seeking tends to turn people off of you. You also have no right to demand people respond to threads. And singling out a particular race (regardless of the reasons for it) is even worse again.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 09:49 am
@justaguy2,
Is there something wrong with wanting to be Afrocentric at times? Is there something wrong with wanting to talk to other Blacks about "Black people stuff"? Wanting to talk to other people who "look like me"?
justaguy2

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 09:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Again, it's called attention seeking.

Quote:
Attention seeking behavior is to act in a way that is likely to elicit attention, usually to elicit validation from others.

Source

Notice what I've highlighted in bold in the quote above?

If you started threads about topics that others might actually be interested in, and just let those who are interested respond in their own time, and weren't so controlling and demanding, you would likely have more people willing to respond.
Real Music

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:01 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I tried attracting other Black site users to these threads and no other Black members of this site ever responded.

1. Are you trying to get black men to post on your threads?
2. Are you trying to get black women to post on your threads?
3. Are you trying to get young black people to post on your threads?
4. Are you trying to get middle age black people to post on your threads?
5. Are you trying to get elderly black people to post on your threads?
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:08 am
@Real Music,
Any other Black site users besides me.
izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:10 am
@JGoldman10,
You have suggested that black victims of police brutality are themselves to blame for not praying to God enough. You’ve also claimed that you’re nothing like certain ‘thugs’ and could possibly pass for white. You have implied time and time again that you’re somehow morally superior to most black people.

I suggest you look up the definition of Racist in a dictionary.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
A large number of African Americans who were victims of cop brutality became victims because they didn't comply with cops. That's foolish. Some of these people were thugs and would rather fight the cops than comply with them. Some of these people antagonized American cops.

People should be prayed up before dealing with any cops.

If you have been following the news at all, the BLM protests have officially led to police reform in the U.S.
izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:20 am
@JGoldman10,
I didn’t say you said it. I said you suggested/implied it. And you did.
izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:21 am
@izzythepush,
I see you’ve deleted the post I replied to.

You’ve got one hell of a brass neck accusing me of not following the news. Your ignorance is shocking.
Real Music

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:32 am
@JGoldman10,
1. I am a black man in my 50s.
2. I post on a variety of different threads and different topics.
3. I have initiated and started a variety of different threads.
4. I have also posted on other members threads frequently and often.
5. I did a quick scan of your recent posts and I noticed that all of your posts were only on threads that you created.
6. Do you post on other members threads?
7. If you do, how often do you post on other members threads?
8. Is there some reason that you only post on the threads that you created?
9. There are many different threads that were started by other members that you could be posting on.
10. You don't always have to be on your own threads to converse with other members.
Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:36 am
@JGoldman10,
I have to mention:

You previously used the One Drop Rule to identify who was black.

Apparently, you were unaware that the rule was incredibly racist and that is was only used " by white Americans to those of sub-Saharan black African ancestry, when some whites were trying to maintain some degree of overt or covert white supremacy."
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:42 am
@Rebelofnj,
African Americans are only 60 to 70 percent Sub-Saharan African on average. They are not racially-pure.

They have European DNA, Native American DNA and/or other DNA.

Whites raped the Black African slaves and their descendants during slavery times and the slaves intermarried with Whites and Native Americans.
Teufel

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:44 am
@JGoldman10,

Let us be 100% clear ... you are being racist because you want people of a certain race/background to answer you or interact with you.

Myself I am European and Caucasian ... I absolutely could care less what gender, colour, origin or religion anyone is .... Rather I care about people having decent levels of IQ, intellect, education ... Which frankly are traits which do not seem readily available or well represented on here.

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:47 am
@Teufel,
Why would I ask someone who isn't Black about Black haircare or popular Black hairstyles, if they aren't a barber, hairdresser or some other kind of person who works with hair? Why would I ask someone who isn't Black about issues affecting the African American community, unless these issues affected that person also?
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:48 am
@Teufel,
This isn't about race or ethnicity it's about culture. I didn't ask what your nationality is.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
I didn't say you weren't following the news. I hope you are.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:51 am
@Teufel,
Skin color doesn't mean anything. I'm African American but my skin is fair. I have yellowish-brown skin like an Asian. Not all African Americans have "chocolate skin". African Americans have 22 skin tones. I do have other Black features like full lips and nappy hair.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:15 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Why would I ask someone who isn't Black about Black haircare or popular Black hairstyles, if they aren't a barber, hairdresser or some other kind of person who works with hair? Why would I ask someone who isn't Black about issues affecting the African American community, unless these issues affected that person also?

Teufel do you get the point I'm making?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:20 am
@JGoldman10,
Nobody needs a History lesson, it’s about your attitudes, especially those on the thread about George Floyd.