How do I attract other Black users to my threads?

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
How so? Having a "privilege" just because of your race or skin color or ethnicity is WRONG. You said it was a form of White supremacy which is RACIST. What's there to be offended about?

"White privilege" is not the same thing as "affirmative action". Affirmative action is something that protects minorities from being unlawfully discriminated against. Affirmative action is legal.

Vietnamese, Laotians and Cambodians come to U.S., stay here for 6 years accumulating all kinds of freebies from the U.S. government and don't pay taxes, then go home to their native countries and immigrate back to the U.S. to start this cycle all over again. Do you think that is "fair"? Is what I'm describing "affirmative action"?

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What "special needs"?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Making death threats is something I'd really like to know about someone.

Reb, were you on Abuzz?
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You still didn't answer the question:

Do you and Bill both agree White privilege is WRONG?
Rebelofnj

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I was not.
Rebelofnj

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Vietnamese, Laotians and Cambodians come to U.S., stay here for 6 years accumulating all kinds of freebies from the U.S. and don't pay taxes, then go home to their native countries and immigrate back to the U.S. to start this cycle all over again.

You have a source on that? It sounds a bit xenophobic and something out of right wing radio.
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:58 pm
@Rebelofnj,
They accumulate all kinds of freebies from the U.S. government. I corrected my post. I read something about this online somewhere.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
The ones you've described, needing lots of help, being on SSI, I have cancer and have had different "stuff" removed several times that would make it difficult to live alone, my wife handles my finances and my medical treatments and appointments. Without help my special needs would shorten my life, downgrade the quality of my life and and maybe even kill me sooner than cancer might.

Nothing I've said about your life hasn't come off your posting. I am sorry I offended you. I personally find no insult in the term special needs. They don't define me but they do shape my life and lifestyle and who I am.

What term would you like me to use instead?

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
If you can't figure that out, I am very disappointed.
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You still didn't answer the question:

Do you and Bill both agree White privilege is WRONG?

Wrong? Hell in an ideal world any privilege base on skin color alone is wrong and that is very self evidence.

Now give a few hundred years of slavery base on skin color and then just ill treatment due to skin color trying to place people on a slightly more equal footing by considering skin color as a marker of poor treatment is not ideal but we so not live in an ideal world.
BillRM

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

They accumulate all kinds of freebies from the U.S. government. I corrected my post. I read something about this online somewhere.

Shame on you attacking a whole group of people base on only some statements from some right wing internet sources.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I was part of an online community in which I was persecuted, berated and mocked to scorn. I got fed up with the disrespect and abuse. One day I decided to retaliate and get nasty by stating what I wanted to do to the members of the community who were picking at me. The community construed what I posted as "death threats". I wasn't serious with what I posted; I just wanted those maniacs to leave me alone. That was immaturity on my part. That wasn't a very Christian thing to do. I repented and moved on.
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:13 pm
@BillRM,
How is it not wrong? White privilege is not the same as affirmative action. People of color - Black, Asian, Indigenous American, Hispanic/Latino, etc. - had all been subject to racial or ethnic bias at some point in time by White people. They were all subject to hardships of some kind.

The Irish and White Jews were persecuted by Whites in America, but at least they could change their last names and avoid persecution and assimilate and blend in with the White majority. The Irish were treated like slaves in America.

A person of color is still going to be a person of color regardless of whether they change their last name or not.
JGoldman10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:14 pm
@BillRM,
Good, you agree it's WRONG. Thank you.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
On Abuzz in 2000 - 2001, a member there Rogertc1 found out who I was by putting together clues from my posting. At that time nobody had a clue about bad behavior on the net. He knew my name, my ex-wife's name, my daughter's names and ages where I lived (I was a custodial single father) and told me he was going to come up my porch (he knew what my house looked like) and put a gun in my face and blow my brains out.

I called the Austin police and through my luck (he used the same user name on about five websites on cars and guns) found out who he was and where he lived in Maquoketa, Iowa. One one of the sites was a map of where its online members were posting from and I found out his address - an apartment above a bar. The airport in that town is named after his father.

The police agreed it was serious but there was no law regarding threats over the internet and Roger lived in another state. I called the state attorney general's office and found out that while they were interested in the case, there was nothing in law they could do.

I was threatened by a member here who was kicked off that he knew where my shop was in downtown Marble Falls and was going to come and see me over some of my anti-gun posts. I told him he'd better not because he needed to get back on "streetview" and see where the police dept was. Right across a two lane street. I told him "Do NOT come into my shop" multiple times. This guy lives in Texas.

So yes. There is nothing wrong with pointing out people who make death threats in this world.

My wife is a 30 year veteran of CIA. You'd better believe we do have firearms. Legal, and the police know where we live and her status. Our home is not easy to find.
BillRM

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
White privilege is not the same as affirmative action. People of color - Black, Asian, Indigenous American, Hispanic/Latino, etc.

Affirmative action is just the name for programs intended to slightly level the playing field between those who had enjoy white privilege for hundreds of years for those who did not share those benefits.

Now we are just starting to address not just the economic unfairness but the uneven treatments of blacks by the police and the courts systems.

No black parents should need to fear for their sons lives when they reach late teens and begin to travel and start to interacted with the police any more then white parents.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
I take no humor from threats of violence. I take them VERY seriously.

I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't take the the mindset of a person who is threatened into your consideration. "I'm sorry" is only part of redemption. Did you apologize to your, lets be honest, victims?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
What a dismal post.

I am shocked that you confuse assimilation to a compelled "white" washing.
Rebelofnj

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
While I do agree on being aware on dangerous individuals online, I do not consider JG a threat at all.

At the very least (from what he has said here, elsewhere and in PMs), he does not have the means to find anyone here, and he has limited transportation.
Rebelofnj

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

The Irish slaves myth is a pseudohistory that falsely conflates the penal transportation and indentured servitude of Irish people during the 17th and 18th centuries with the hereditary chattel slavery experience of Africans. Some white nationalists, and others who want to minimize the effects of hereditary chattel slavery on Africans and their descendants, have used this false equivalence to promote racism against African Americans[1] or claim that African Americans are too vocal in seeking justice.

The myth has been spread on white nationalist message boards, neo-Nazi websites, the far-right conspiracy website InfoWars, and has been shared millions of times on Facebook.[4]

The myth has been a common trope on the white supremacist website Stormfront since 2003.[13][22][23] It has circulated widely in the United States, and has recently begun to become common in Ireland after the "Irish slaves" meme went viral on social media in 2013.[24][17] After the 2014 arrival of the Black Lives Matter movement, the myth was frequently referenced by right-wing white Americans attempting to undermine it[25] and other African-American civil rights issues, according to Aidan McQuade, director of Anti-Slavery International.[26]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth

And you wonder why we keep accusing you of being racist. Because you keep spreading racist propaganda.
0 Replies