How do I attract other Black users to my threads?

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 03:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
I found the answer for you in 38 seconds. What does that mean?
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 03:49 pm
@jespah,
1. I just did a look through to see all of JGoldman10 A2k postings going all the way back to the start of this year.
2. I could have kept looking further back, but I had to find a stopping point.
3. So, it is conceivable that JGoldman10 has never posted anything on other members threads.
4. There is no way I could know for sure unless I look back on his entire posting history.
5. Due to the fact that JGoldman10 has been a member of A2k since the year 2005, I most certainly not going to look back that far.
6. So, I decided to start from today's date 9/13/2020 and look at all of JGoldman10 A2k postings going back to 1/1/2020.
7. I estimate that JGoldman10 posted approximately 2500 A2k postings over that period of time.
8. That in itself isn't the real issue.
9. The real issue is that I could not find one single posting of JGoldman10 that was posted on other members threads.
10. Unless I am mistaken, all 2500 or so JGoldman10 postings were only on the threads that he created.
11. I just find it odd for someone to frequently complain about members not posting on his thread while JGoldman10 himself hasn't posted on anybody else's threads.
12. It makes me wonder if JGoldman10 ever had any interest in being part of the A2k community.

One side note: It is possible that what I am saying may not be entirely accurate, because I did glance through it really fast.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 03:50 pm
@Real Music,
I posted on a few other threads people started.
Real Music

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I posted on a few other threads people started.

Okay. I believe you.
Why don't you do that more often?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:12 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
...I could not find one posting... other members threads.

He has posted several times in the change one letter into he 5'letter word game.
This year he also posted in tsarstepan's Worst Video thread, homeowner's ..Milk and Bread Become Evil Foods and Networking Advice thread from tsarstepan.

So not perhaps a lot of other threads, but he has posted and probably even read a few others.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:39 pm
@Real Music,
Snood is the only other Black person I know on this site. Do you know him?
BillRM

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 05:21 pm
@justaguy2,
Quote:
Again, it's called attention seeking.

Complete senseless nonsense.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 05:28 pm
@justaguy2,
Two bingos on one card!
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 05:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
A large number of African Americans who were victims of cop brutality became victims because they didn't comply with cops. That's foolish. Some of these people were thugs and would rather fight the cops than comply with them. Some of these people antagonized American cops.

Come on deadly repeat deadly force is must more likely to be apply to blacks then to non blacks under all situations.

Down to a 12 years old playing with a mock gun in a public park being gun down.

Can not count the number of times I had play with mock weapons outside including parks as a child without a problem but then I was a white child.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:15 pm
@BillRM,
Bill did you read what I said to Izzy about BLM earlier about their protests encouraging police reform? I doubt race carding is going to be an issue now.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:17 pm
@BillRM,
I played with toy guns as a kid but never in a public park. I played with them outside my house. They were water guns.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
I wish I could remember all the times I've heard that. The race card isn't diminishing, its getting worse. My white privilege card is still so good I've never had to pull it out and its never failed to work in spite of my shame it still works with no cue from me other than my white face.

You do make a point I wish is true: if Americans were to be identified only by a race that was at least 99% "pure", not very many of us has a race: most of us are hyphenated or a series of percentages. If we could all just recognize that maybe we could burn all race and white privilege cards. Maybe they'd cancel mine.

BTW: Do not make any assumption about anyone on-line as to race, gender, sexuality, age. I think that's a good thing, actually. Maybe we can be humans interacting with other humans at least on-line, at least until AI starts using a2k.
Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
There is no widespread police reform on a national level. Some cities have adopted new policies, but there is still much to be done.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:31 pm
@BillRM,
I don't think cop brutality was an issue when you were a kid. Were you left playing with the gun unsupervised if I may ask? May I ask what type of you gun it was?
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:33 pm
@Real Music,
I come to A2k to ask questions and discuss stuff when I'm doing research mainly so yes I want to be part of this community.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:34 pm
@Rebelofnj,
At least George Floyd's killers were all fired and jailed.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
We were the best armed generation of kids, being in the '50's. I had cap pistols and rifles, and grenades, cowboy mufti, all sorts of military gear from my dad and uncles returned from WWII and the Korean War, TV ads were filled with all sorts of toy fire arms. I still remember and can almost smell the scent of a fired cap. We had more toy guns than any other toy.

And we had ball, bat and gloves and ball cap.
Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
They are not in jail; three of them are out on bail.

They have yet to be convicted.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Your race had nothing to do with why cops didn't target you for playing with toy guns. You came up in the '50s like my parents did. Cop brutality wasn't an issue then. It didn't become an issue till the '70s.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay but at least they were all fired.