How do I attract other Black users to my threads?

hightor

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:22 am
@JGoldman10,
One of the nice things about online fora is that race, ethnicity, gender, and a host of other superficial qualities which humans use to label and discriminate against others can remain obscure. I can understand your wish to discuss matters which you feel are especially significant to members of the African American community but I don't think that an all-around general forum for everyone, like A2K, is the best place to do this. While I don't know of any specific discussion sites geared to an African American audience I would guess that there are some out there and you might have better luck in a forum with a primarily black user base to begin with.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 12:47 pm
@hightor,
Again this isn't about race or ethnicity it's about culture. I don't know of any Afrocentric or Black-run and/or -owned internet forums or forums with a predominantly black membership.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 12:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm a Christian. American cops don't bother me because I don't give them a reason to. I comply with police. I know better than to go and antagonize any cops.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 12:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
1. There's only a very few black members here.
2. There's only a few members here, anyways.
3. You post a lot of personal stuff and most of is stuff you could resolve without an outsider's help
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm not ashamed to ask others for help. I don't know everything.
izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
Which sounds awfully like victim blaming.

In any event you’re showing a profound lack of empathy.
JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:24 pm
@hightor,
These questions I posed with Teufel I pose with you:

Why would I ask someone who isn't Black about Black haircare or popular Black hairstyles, if they aren't a barber, hairdresser or some other kind of person who works with hair? Why would I ask someone who isn't Black about issues affecting the African American community, unless these issues affected that person also?

Do you get the point I'm making here? I know there are non-Blacks who affect African American culture by copying Black hairstyles, and if they want to wear their hair the way Blacks do that's their business, but I still don't want to talk to them about Black hairstyles unless I wanted to know how they fashioned their hair into Black hairstyles.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:26 pm
Someone told me when I was in high school that white girls clump their hair up with mayo to get it the right consistency to be woven into cornrows. Is this true?
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
That's not the issue. Asking for help is good for you and good for me. Both parties gain from the interaction.

But being asked to do things of little effort or knowledge - searching the internet for a contact at SSI, for example - tends to become imposition after a while and helps neither of us.

The fact is there aren't a lot of us identifying as black on this site. It has nothing to do with anything you post.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
It's a person's fault if they choose to act like a thug and attack cops instead of complying with them. Only lowlifes attack cops and not comply with them.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
google it. "White girls mayo cornrows"

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Mayonnaise-as-a-Hair-Conditioner

38 seconds.

Black girls use it to:

https://naturalhairqueen.net/mayonnaise-hair-treatment-natural-hair/

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
100% of the time???????
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
Are you saying George Floyd was acting like a thug?
Rebelofnj

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
Breonna Taylor was an EMT who asleep in her home when she was killed by police.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/breonna-taylor-police-killing.html

Plus, on Yahoo Answers, you called The Black Lives Matter movement "a racist, godless, cultist movement that advocates killing people."
izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:03 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Plus, on Yahoo Answers, you called The Black Lives Matter movement "a racist, godless, cultist movement that advocates killing people."

That does not surprise me.
0 Replies

jespah

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:34 pm
@Real Music,
Kinda what being in a community is all about, eh?
Sturgis

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
...I'm not being racist.

The first sign of a racist is when they claim not to be.

Further, as has been pointed out, you have often told how you feel and think and believe yourself superior to other people of color.

If other black people have not responded, it might be that they either are not interested in the topics you've presented, or, not knowledgeable of the thread topics. Further, maybe black people have responded in some of your threads, they found no need to bring up their race.

Stop being so restricttive, both to yourself and others. Take in and embrace the entirety of this, the a2k community. You don't have to like everyone, but you don't know who might be able to help you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Why would I ask someone who isn't black..

They may be married to or living with a black person. They might have the answer. Shutting off people through your restrictions, contributes to your misery. (as does your constantly carping about people who aren't 'saved' or your version of Christian.)

Chill out buttercup!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 03:13 pm
@Real Music,
Best answer.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 03:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Nobody needs a History lesson, it’s about your attitudes, especially those on the thread about George Floyd.

It just bore repeating...
0 Replies