What superheroes and supervillains are popular that AREN'T DC or Marvel characters?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 07:41 am
@Rebelofnj,
Most of the films and shows they show on the Christian networks.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 07:43 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebel I just answered your question.

P.S. - did you get the last PM I sent you?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 07:49 am
@JGoldman10,
Can you name any specific films and shows?

I found the post related to the PM you sent, but I won't provide it until you answer this incredibly easy question.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:02 am
@JGoldman10,
There are also those other questions I asked in the PMs that you never answered.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:03 am
@JGoldman10,
You mock the Bible, you quote Leviticus at people, telling them they can’t cherry pick then you do exactly that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:06 am
@Rebelofnj,
There was a Christian film called The Apocalypse, which was about John the Revelator. He was the last of the 12 Apostles and he was going to be executed. This was a good film.
Time Changer I thought was an okay story. I don't know if time travel goes against what's in the Bible or not.
The Jesus Movie, which was basically a precursor to Passion of the Christ is a good film.

I watch The Billy Graham Crusades, and Jimmy Swaggart Classics, and regular sermons on Sonlife TV preached by Jimmy, Donny and Gabriel Swaggart. I watch other Christian televangelists preach on Christian TV.
I watch Christian news shows and talk shows like Francis and Friends and Ask a Pastor. I watch Christian music shows like The Gaithers.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:17 am
@JGoldman10,
I also got a glimpse of the other shows you apparently like before you deleted it and moved it to another thread: Matlock, Law and Order, Little House on the Prairie, the Andy Griffith show, other crime shows.

Not sure why you were evasive and indirect in answering the question in the first place.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:29 am
@Rebelofnj,
I deleted the post and answered your question here:

https://able2know.org/topic/530541-43#post-7055383

I also said I like game shows:

https://able2know.org/topic/530541-43#post-7055387
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:53 am
@JGoldman10,
Seeing as there are over 2.4 billion Christians in the world [total pop: 7.6 billion] (229 million in the US [total pop: 329 million]), the likelihood that everyone in entertainment are not Christians is near impossible.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 09:04 am
@Rebelofnj,
What are you talking about? Your statement makes no sense. I didn't say everyone working in entertainment is not Christian.

There is a big difference between regular entertainment, which is secular, and Christian entertainment. Christian entertainment is produced by Christians.

Most people working in Hollywood are not Saved.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 09:28 am
@JGoldman10,
What about Christians working in secular entertainment?

Mel Gibson is Catholic and produced The Passion of the Christ, but he still starred in 4 Lethal Weapon films and 3 Mad Max films, both series are not at all Christian. He would have starred in the 4th Mad Max film if not for his age.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 03:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I don't know too much about them. I know Stephen Baldwin is a Christian. He was running a campaign couple of years ago to Christianize Hollywood. He was on Christian TV talking about this.

One of my mother's friends, who is a Christian, was running a campaign to Christianize Hollywood.

I have a maternal cousin who is a Christian and has a career as a Hollywood actress. She's been a personal advocate for me when I couldn't get my mother's help, since my mother is still in rehab.

Kirk Cameron, from Growing Pains, is a Christian. He is an evangelist now and has a Christian film career.

A number of sitcom stars, career athletes and other celebs are/were Christians and have become preachers.

Clifton Davis from Amen is a preacher. The guy who played Lamont Sanford on Sanford and Son is a preacher.

Meadowlark Lemmon from the Harlem Globetrotters was a Christian evangelist. He came and preached at a church I attended when I was in middle school. Fred Berry from was an evangelist; he preached at another church I attended a few years later. Rosey Grier is a pastor now.

Andy Griffith was a Christian. He had been on Christian TV talking about his walk worth God.

The lady who played Blair Warner on Facts Of Life is a Christian. She has on Christian TV talking about her walk with God.

Michael Landon Sr. was a Christian. He has been on TV talking about his walk with God.

Mr. T is a Christian. Chuck Norris is a Christian. They too have talked about their Christian walks on Christian TV.

Conversely, there are secular people who work on Christian projects.

A handful of big-name Hollywood actors and evangelist recorded audio for The Bible Experience, an audio tape version of the Bible. Blair Underwood is the only actor I know who worked on this project who is a Christian. I dont know about the others.

I know secular pro voice actors voice characters for Christian cartoons. For example, Rob Paulsen has voiced characters for the Veggie Tales series.

My mother owns an audio tape version of the New Testament, which was read by James Earl Jones. I don't know if Mr. Jones is a Christian or not.

Other celebs from Hollywood and elsewhere have opened up publicly about being Christians.

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 03:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
Honestly, I have heard of Stephen Baldwin, but I never seen any film or show he was in. Meanwhile, I have seen films and shows starring his brother Alec.

I also haven't heard of some of the other actors you mentioned, and the ones I do recognize haven't had a major project in years (not to diminish their newer Christian works; they just don't have widespread appeal).

I know some of the main actors of the recent Marvel films are Christians, while the rest are either Jewish, Buddhist, or non-affiliated.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 04:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What about the DC films?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 04:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Rebelofnj wrote:

I don't know too much about them. I know Stephen Baldwin is a Christian. He was running a campaign couple of years ago to Christianize Hollywood. He was on Christian TV talking about this.

One of my mother's friends, who is a Christian, was running a campaign to Christianize Hollywood.

I have a maternal cousin who is a Christian and has a career as a Hollywood actress. She's been a personal advocate for me when I couldn't get my mother's help, since my mother is still in rehab.

Kirk Cameron, from Growing Pains, is a Christian. He is an evangelist now and has a Christian film career.

A number of sitcom stars, career athletes and other celebs are/were Christians and have become preachers.

Clifton Davis from Amen is a preacher. The guy who played Lamont Sanford on Sanford and Son is a preacher.

Meadowlark Lemmon from the Harlem Globetrotters was a Christian evangelist. He came and preached at a church I attended when I was in middle school. Fred Berry from What's Happening!! was an evangelist; he preached at another church I attended a few years later. Rosey Grier is a pastor now.

Andy Griffith was a Christian. He had been on Christian TV talking about his walk worth God.

The lady who played Blair Warner on Facts Of Life is a Christian. She has on Christian TV talking about her walk with God.

Michael Landon Sr. was a Christian. He has been on TV talking about his walk with God.

Mr. T is a Christian. Chuck Norris is a Christian. They too have talked about their Christian walks on Christian TV.

Conversely, there are secular people who work on Christian projects.

A handful of big-name Hollywood actors and evangelist recorded audio for The Bible Experience, an audio tape version of the Bible. Blair Underwood is the only actor I know who worked on this project who is a Christian. I dont know about the others.

I know secular pro voice actors voice characters for Christian cartoons. For example, Rob Paulsen has voiced characters for the Veggie Tales series.

My mother owns an audio tape version of the New Testament, which was read by James Earl Jones. I don't know if Mr. Jones is a Christian or not.

Other celebs from Hollywood and elsewhere have opened up publicly about being Christians.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 04:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
In case you missed it:

Fred Berry was in a sitcom called What's Happening!!.

Rosey Grier is an actor and former pro football star.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 05:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
According to the Wikipedia pages of the main actors of the DC films:

Christian
Methodist
Catholic
Jewish
Baptist
Former cult member

Also, never heard of Rosey Grier or Fred Berry. Never saw What's Happening.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 05:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Honestly, I have heard of Stephen Baldwin, but I never seen any film or show he was in. Meanwhile, I have seen films and shows starring his brother Alec.

Have you never seen The Usual Suspects? That's a pity. At least he ain't the worst Baldwin actor. William Baldwin has two Razzie nominations and Daniel Baldwin has one Stinkers Bad Movie Award.

My bad. Stephen Baldwin beat both of his brothers.
https://imgur.com/11W3P4u.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 05:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

In case you missed it:

Fred Berry was in a sitcom called What's Happening!!.

Rosey Grier is an actor and former pro football star.

That's just RANDOM. And really irrelevant and ... well... so far removed from the cultural zeitgeist that is the topic of this thread.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 05:44 pm
I don't know too much about Stephen Baldwin or any of the Baldwin brothers. I know Stephen was in one of the live-action/CGI-animated Flintstones movies.