What superheroes and supervillains are popular that AREN'T DC or Marvel characters?

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
Even weirder is that he is using very popular films shows, instead of some obscure shows. He has done this many times before.

JG previously said Frozen II was about transgenderism without explaining why, only saying that one of his pastors said so.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 08:07 am
@Rebelofnj,
He’s probably just repeating things others have said. He seems to view certain individuals as authorities and what they say cannot be questioned.

Remember when finally cornered on Leviticus his response was to talk to certain Christian penpals. He didn’t apologise or say he’d stop using Leviticus he said he would defer to a higher authority.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 08:35 am
@izzythepush,
I already figured he lacked some level of critical thinking, given the amount (thousands, some repeated) of questions he has asked over the years and his reluctance on using Google to find easy-to-find answers.

And he seems to put his trust on several conspiracy theorists due to them claiming to be Christians, so this allows him to be easily manipulated.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 08:49 am
@Rebelofnj,
Well yes.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 05:35 am
@JGoldman10,
So, JG, are you going to defend yourself and explain why you claimed the new Looney Tunes Shorts are pop culture ridden?

Any links to those clips and articles you mentioned that support your claim?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 08:46 am
Mario Lopez Appearance on Access Hollywood Unexpectedly Sabotaged by Wario Lopez

https://imgur.com/QDrJ3jo.jpg
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 02:57 pm
In related news:

Chadwick Boseman, who was cast as the Black Panther in the Marvel films, has died of colon cancer at the age of 43 on August 28. Boseman never publicly revealed his 4 year battle with cancer.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chadwick-boseman-dies-age-43-colon-cancer-actor/

His Marvel co-stars and friends express grief and condolences to Boseman's family.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/08/28/chadwick-boseman-dies-fans-mourn-marvel-black-panther-star/5663900002/

Black Panther director and friend Ryan Coogler writer an emotional tribute to Boseman
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53968816

Meanwhile, parents are trying to figure if they should tell their children that the actor of their favorite superhero died.
“My wife and I have not decided yet if we are going to tell him. He wants to be like T’Challa when he grows up, a Black king. I don’t know if I want to tell him his hero died. That might crush him,”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/parents-of-young-black-panther-fans-struggle-with-telling-children-of-actors-death/2020/08/29/879b7280-ea0e-11ea-97e0-94d2e46e759b_story.html
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 01:17 am
What stopped DC and Marvel from doing any official intercompany crossovers in any media outside of comics before Disney's acquisition of Marvel?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 04:51 am
@JGoldman10,
So no response regarding what I posted about Boseman?

Not even your generic "I pray he was Saved" nonsense?

Besides, my answer on the crossover question would be based purely on speculation and educated guesses. You could make a answer yourself if you had some critical thinking skills and paid attention to my responses to your other crossover questions over the years.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 07:58 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Besides, my answer on the crossover question would be based purely on speculation and educated guesses. You could make a answer yourself if you had some critical thinking skills and paid attention to my responses to your other crossover questions over the years.

Most of his questions are like this. He bloody thinks we here at a2k are on both Disney and Warner Bros. board of directors and thusly have the direct source to answer many of rambling random questions.

JGoldman10 wrote:

What stopped DC and Marvel from doing any official intercompany crossovers in any media outside of comics before Disney's acquisition of Marvel?

How many times will you ask this? How many ways can we give you a speculative answer like ... the two comic publishers are competitors. Maybe they also weren't happy with the sales of those crossover series when they did rarely happen. Plus, the artists themselves taking time out of their often overworked schedules rather not take time away from their ongoing story arcs to create limited stories that won't really go anywhere and often conflict canon wise with their ongoing series.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 01:03 am
@Rebelofnj,
What "nonsense"? I pray for people. Who the heck is Boseman? I hate Black Panther. I never liked Black Panther.

I hope the man got Saved before he died.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 03:26 am
@JGoldman10,
I posted several news articles about Chadwick Boseman. His sudden death from cancer was a significant news story for the last few days.

You may not like Black Panther, but millions of other people did. And I don't recall seeing any Christian churches condemning the film at all. Quite the opposite: many black churches held screenings for the film and bought tickets for their youth groups.
https://www.christianpost.com/news/black-churches-showing-unprecedented-support-for-black-panther-movie-heres-why.html

Last I checked, Boseman was a Christian, but he wasn't born again like you. Apparently, he prayed to God for the Black Panther role before he was cast.

If he was saved on his death bed, that is a private family matter.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:00 am
@Rebelofnj,
There is a separate thread about Boseman.

I agree, his untimely death was a shock and was front page news over here as well.

What everyone was pointing out was that this was the first superhero black kids could relate to. One father said he didn’t want to tell his little boy that his hero had died.

I thought it was a very good film, I saw it at the cinema when it first came out.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:02 am
@Rebelofnj,
Black Panther is a character that dabbles in witchcraft. God would not want a Christian playing a role like that.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:08 am
@JGoldman10,
How do you know?

All you know is what those snake oil salesmen tell you to believe.

Why are you so small minded that you condemn a man who has done so much good for race relations as Black pride?

You’re the most judgemental person I’ve ever encountered, what do you think God would make of that?

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:23 am
@JGoldman10,
And yet many churches were willing to support the film, according to the Christian Post.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:28 am
@Rebelofnj,
Some Christians favored The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. That doesn't make it right.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:41 am
@JGoldman10,
You and your church (including your mother, pastor, and possibly your penpals) do appear to be more conservative than many other churches.

Hence why you don't like a well loved Christian book (and later film adaptation) written by a well-known Christian, while other churches embraced the film.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:49 am
@JGoldman10,
CS Lewis was a committed Christian. His books have a far more Christian message that your judgemental utterances.

As for right, I doubt you know what right means.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 06:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
You clearly have no idea what the true and deeper meaning of the movie Black Panther is.

Instead of leaping to erroneous conclusions and/or yielding your mind and being to what others might have told you about certain things being evil, trying to learn more about the items being condemned. Your God gave you free will and a brain. Use them! Hanging out in the cult you're in, will destroy whatever soul and goodness is there, when you stay so willingly.
0 Replies