Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:17 pm
http://www.spore.com/

Anybody else looking forward to this game? I'm kind of pissed because I'm going to have to buy a new computer just to play it. My laptop does not meet the minimum specs for this game, which sucks.

I may just decide to purchase this game on my iphone, but I doubt it would be as good, however it would give me something else to do on the train ride in to work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 11,874 • Replies: 11
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:23 pm
@maporsche,
I am. You can download the creature creator now. I havent done that, though, because I have a feeling that once I do I wont be able to do anything else for days.
maporsche

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:27 pm
@FreeDuck,
I tried to use creature creator and it won't work on my laptop either.

I hate upgrading, especially when my current setup serves every one of my needs except playing Spore.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:33 pm
@maporsche,
I wanted to try it, but for some reason the downloaded program doesn't work on my iMac, even though processor speed is not an issue.

Now I've lost interest... maybe I'll try again later.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:37 pm
The free creature creator was fun for a few hours.

I plan to play the game, although I'll probably wait for a few reviews.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:45 am
@maporsche,
This is the type of game I would normally like. And I've been interested given all the buzz it has generated. I tried the creature creator but it was only fun for a few minutes.

I'll probably get the game but I'm not sure that I'll play it much, I like an open ended simulation the most and this one sounds like it has stages and a timeline, even though proceeding through it is supposed to be pretty open.

I don't play many games, so it's going to have to be a very good to get me to game a bit.
0 Replies

charlie735

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 03:46 am
@maporsche,
Spores a great game and was worth the wait, theres only creature creator on the iPhone and 5 stages on the PC it's a bit short but fun
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 12:27 pm
@maporsche,
Did you ever end up playing this game much maporsche? I couldn't like it no matter how hard I tried.
maporsche

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 01:30 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No, and I keep seeing it in the store and I keep talking myself out of buying it.

I really like the idea; but when I played the iPhone app I just wasn't impressed with the design of the game, and it soured me on the PC version.

It seemed too simple and not 'realistic' enough; if that makes sense.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 01:41 pm
@maporsche,
I played the PC game a bit, it was quite horrible. Very simple, and very pointless.

It seems that it was originally going to be more scientific, but got dumbed down for who knows what reason. Too bad, I was looking for another good simulation/world builder game.
Volosya

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Why so? I find it nice enough. Bu after a few hours of playing it becames boring)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2019 07:44 am
@maporsche,
I bought it (so many years ago). Must have bought it on a deep cut sale price. What I do remember is that I messed around with for a couple of days and never went back. So... not my cup of tea.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Spore
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:19:16