Terror and The Lord of Terror

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 11:49 am
Hello,

I highly appreciate serious answers for this thread. I tried to explain my curiosity about a topic VERY CRUDELY (since my command on English language is limited) and I believe in this forum I can get some interesting thoughts and opinions on that.

Anyone who played Diablo knows that there are 3 prime evils. (Ah, you don't need to familiar with the story of game to produce any opinion on this question) And Diablo (which is a Demon Lord, and called Lord of Terror) is the most dangerous and creative one. According to the in-game scholar, inflicting terror is the greatest way to defeat your foe, or transform people into evil.

What I wonder is, why scenario writer(s) considered "terror" to be the most effective one? There are 2 other prime evil, and 4 other lesser evils.

the Lord of Lies (Deceit)
the Lord of Sin
the Lord of Pain
the Lord of Anguish
the Lord of Hatred
the Lord of Destruction

Look, game writers could choose 6 other "bad" thing. Why do you think did they chose Terror? I think Anguish or Hatred could be more suitable for the most powerful Demon Lord since while terror is instantaneous, anguish and terror lasts longer and more torment people. Would you prefer being depressed (by the Lord of Anguish) or terrorized (by the Lord of Terror)? Or Would you prefer being full of hatred (by the Lord of Hatred, which negatively impacts your reason) or being terrorized (by the Lord of Terror)? I think people are more like to prefer being terrorized because it's instantaneous.

I tried to give some silly and overly simplistic examples for the reason that terror is less pleasant. So, if you think alike me, why would be your examples and reasons for the fact that terror is less pleasant?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,426 • Replies: 0
No top replies