Slavery Still Exists. Where’s Black Lives Matter?

McGentrix

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Really McGentrix?

Yep

Quote:
Coldjoint and Oralloy are saying that Islam "teaches violence murder and rape", and you are worried that someone might "besmirch Christianity"?

So here's the thing... and I think this may influence my reputation and creds... I don't read Coldjoints posts. I find them to be too numerous and I am amazed that someone has that much time. I do, however, read your posts and I think you and I have a very similar outlook on the world except you lean towards the dark side and I don't.

Quote:
You are full of crap. Coldjoint isn't even talking about "Islamic terrorism". He is attacking all of Islam.

So, if "Coldjoint and Oralloy are saying that Islam "teaches violence murder and rape"" show how it doesn't instead of trying to say that Christianity does the same thing. Explain that although Islam has been used for terror, it also teaches peace. You could show how Islam and Christianity are so similar in their teachings or you could demonstrate how Islamic people give to the betterment to all of mankind.

Some people in the world are prejudiced against Muslims. Some people are prejudiced against Christians and Jews as well... Sit happens.
coldjoint

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 12:25 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Explain that although Islam has been used for terror, it also teaches peace.

You said you did not read my posts but maybe someone will tell you are wrong. Peace in Islam only comes when Islam dominates the world and Sharia law is observed.
Quote:
8:39
"Fight Them Until There is No More Fitna and Religion Should Be Only for Allah"

Fitna means dis belief.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:24 am
@McGentrix,
The problem here isn't logic. The problem is bigotry. Coldjoint and Oralloy are arguing that Islam is an evil religion that "teaches rape and murder". Neither Coldjoint nor Oralloy are open to logical arguments.

Sure... I could point out the writings of great Muslim writers, or the statements of Muslim leaders, or the Muslims who gave their lives fighting for the US or saved people on 9/11. None of this matters. Bigotry is about hatred, and exaggeration and outrage. Bigotry is not about logic.

When I try logic with Coldjoint (and I have tried) I get cut and paste hateful propaganda from his favorite Islamophobic websites.

This is a thread about bigotry. My intent is to show that the games played by bigots to defame Islam can be used to defame anyone. In my opinion, that is a valid point... and maybe the only valid point that can be made in a thread about bigotry.

maxdancona

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:33 am
@McGentrix,
I would be open to having a intelligent discussion about the problem of Islamic terrorism. And, I am open to the argument that Islamic terrorism right now is something especially concerning. Bill Maher makes this argument... and he does it well.

Having an intelligent discussion about Islamic terrorism is quite a bit different than the rantings of Coldjoint and Oralloy.

An intelligent discussion would look at the political context, the different strands of Islam and the different voices coming from the Muslim world both violent or peaceful.

You can't start an intelligent discussion with bigotry.
BillRM

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 01:36 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

How damn true the above statement happen to be.

Suggest that the schools systems might in the future teach some real history such as the attacks on Jews over the generations using the same arguments that is being used to attacked Islam today.

Let see the evil Jews would poison the wells water supplies of Christians every time some water borne diseases came along an kidnapped infants to be killed in religion ceremony.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 01:51 pm
I love how max likes to caterwaul about people on A2K calling other people names to shut them up instead of fostering actual discussion. Then, when people bring up all the proven instances of rape and murder done in the name of Islam, he trots out the 'ole "your a bigot" accusation for simply acknowledging things that happen in actual reality.

Oh max, you really like looking like a jackass, don't you?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 01:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Neither Coldjoint nor Oralloy are open to logical arguments.

You are wrong. You are the one that insists other religions teach hate and condone terror and rape. They do not. Logic is exactly what you refuse to use. I have put the evidence and proof right in front of you.
Quote:
Islamophobic websites.

Websites that quote the Koran and the Hadith are not Islamophobic. They are simply telling what Islam says. It is not their fault you cannot handle the truth.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 02:12 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
such as the attacks on Jews over the generations using the same arguments

The same arguments? When were Jews terrorizing citizens and blowing things up in their host countries? I'll wait.
Real Music

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 04:06 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
The origin of how Black Lives Matter got started

https://able2know.org/topic/478657-1
coldjoint

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 04:11 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:

Tucker Carlson has told people what BLM is and who runs it. People believe him. Your link is to propaganda.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 04:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
the different strands of Islam and the different voices coming from the Muslim world both violent or peaceful.

There is no different Islam. The sects cannot change what Muhammad said. There is one Islam with the same goals and obligations. That some do not terrorize does not mean they are not jihadists. Jihad is preformed with words and pen also.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
What Coldjoint and Oralloy are doing is a form a bigotry. They are claiming that Islam is an evil religion. This is a claim you can't make without comparing it to other religions.
The trick, when it comes to bigotry is to take things out of context. It is a hatefulgame they are playing. It isn't real.

Let's see a cite of me having ever said anything like that.

And how about a cite to back up your accusation against Coldjoint as well.

maxdancona wrote:
Coldjoint and Oralloy want to paint Islam as a religion of monsters . This includes my friend Coskun who isn't a monster.

What about all the Muslims who are in fact monsters?

maxdancona wrote:
The way to fight bigotry is to show that Muslims are humans.... no different than Christians or anyone else. It is valid to show that the same hateful games can be used against any of us.

"A group where a large minority murders people" is different from "a group where few people commit murder."
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:12 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I don't read Coldjoints posts. I find them to be too numerous and I am amazed that someone has that much time.

While I can understand the difficulties of keeping up with posts on a2k, I have a solution that doesn't involve shutting out any of the good guys.

I just focus on as many threads as I have time to keep up with, and let the other threads go unread.

And I focus first on the topics that I am most interested in talking about, expanding only to threads that are less interesting when I have more time to kill.

I probably do miss some posts that I might have wanted to reply to, as threads meander off topic and I might be missing some interesting meanders. But overall it allows me to budget my time here without shutting out any of the good guys.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The problem here isn't logic. The problem is bigotry. Coldjoint and Oralloy are arguing that Islam is an evil religion that "teaches rape and murder".

Again, let's see a cite of me having ever said anything like that.

And again, how about a cite to back up your accusation against Coldjoint as well.

maxdancona wrote:
Neither Coldjoint nor Oralloy are open to logical arguments.

Nonsense. Of course we are. It is you who always shies away when the conversation turns to facts and logic.

maxdancona wrote:
This is a thread about bigotry. My intent is to show that the games played by bigots to defame Islam can be used to defame anyone. In my opinion, that is a valid point... and maybe the only valid point that can be made in a thread about bigotry.

Posting facts about Islamic murder is hardly a game. And other religions do not tend to be similarly violent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:14 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I would be open to having a intelligent discussion about the problem of Islamic terrorism. And, I am open to the argument that Islamic terrorism right now is something especially concerning.

Actually you aren't. You keep falsely accusing people of bigotry whenever they discuss Islamic terrorism.

maxdancona wrote:
Having an intelligent discussion about Islamic terrorism is quite a bit different than the rantings of Coldjoint and Oralloy.

You cannot point out a single difference between "anything I've said" and "an intelligent discussion of Islamic terrorism".

Neither can you point out a single difference between "anything Coldjoint has said" and "an intelligent discussion of Islamic terrorism".

maxdancona wrote:
An intelligent discussion would look at the political context, the different strands of Islam and the different voices coming from the Muslim world both violent or peaceful.

You would call such a conversation silly, and would stop responding to it.

maxdancona wrote:

You haven't established that there is any bigotry here.

But I think that is logically incorrect. I think bigotry could be combated with facts and logic, if there were actually any here to be combated.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:15 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
How damn true the above statement happen to be.

I combat bigotry with facts and logic all the time, like when I point out that it is wrong for progressives to allow black people to rape and murder white people.

BillRM wrote:
Suggest that the schools systems might in the future teach some real history such as the attacks on Jews over the generations using the same arguments that is being used to attacked Islam today.

You are overlooking the fact that Muslims are actually doing what they are accused of doing.

Jews were always falsely accused.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:53 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
The same arguments? When were Jews terrorizing citizens and blowing things up in their host countries? I'll wait.

It might be a long wait.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:54 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
https://able2know.org/topic/478657-1

So in other words they are all about wanting to murder police officers and white people.
Dr Sliptinschit

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You got to be kidding me as both whites and blacks who are members of Black lives matters are overwhelming law abiding citizens who are damn tired of black men being unneeded murder by police officers.

It's a shame blacks don't grow tired of murdering each other.

Black lives only seem to matter the very few times a white cop justifiably kills a black guy.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 11:47 pm
@oralloy,

Nope.