Slavery Still Exists. Where’s Black Lives Matter?

maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 12:06 pm
@coldjoint,
I am not an Islamist. I use the word "Islamophobia" to describe what I see in your posts.

I think "Islamophobia" is a perfectly good word to describe your bigotry. It is "bigotry"... you are demonizing millions of people, you are taking words out of context and ignoring any evidence to the contrary. That is how bigotry works.

Islamophobia is simply a word to denote a specific type of bigotry.
coldjoint

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 12:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

A phobia is an irrational fear. You are the one who is afraid to speak the obvious truth about Islam.
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 12:15 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

A phobia is an irrational fear. You are the one who is afraid to speak the obvious truth about Islam.

And yet somehow I find the courage to speak the obvious truth about you.

Go figure.
coldjoint

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 12:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I find the courage to speak the obvious truth about you.

You do not speak the truth about me. You moralize like any other ego driven loudmouth who thinks he has all the answers. You do not.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 12:46 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Did you study English in high school. I assume you went to an American school where they would have taught you about proper nouns are capitalized.

- A Russian man
- A European road
- A Native American person
- A Black community

These are all capitalized in English. You should have learned this in third grade.

I don't like nitpicking over spelling and grammar (everyone makes mistakes), but I can't resist replying to this.

Since when is "black" a proper noun?

That said, feel free to keep capitalizing it. I've been wrongly capitalizing South recently, and I plan to keep doing so.
oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 12:47 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I am not an Islamist. I use the word "Islamophobia" to describe what I see in your posts.

I think "Islamophobia" is a perfectly good word to describe your bigotry. It is "bigotry"... you are demonizing millions of people, you are taking words out of context and ignoring any evidence to the contrary. That is how bigotry works.

It is hardly bigotry to ask Muslims to stop murdering people.

Murder is wrong and they should stop doing it.
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 01:56 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Since when is "black" a proper noun?

Do you understand what a proper noun is?

If "European community" and "American community" are proper nouns, then "Black community" and "White community" are also proper nouns.

This is third grade English.
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 01:58 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

It feels like bigotry to me.

How do you feel when people ask gun owners to stop worshiping Hitler?

There are gun owners who do worship Hitler. It is still a slap in the face.

oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 02:05 pm
@maxdancona,
The problem is, quite a lot of Muslims like to murder people.

Yes, I agree that it's probably a minority (and therefore the majority is peaceful). But it's a very large minority.

That's a problem that can't be swept under the rug.
oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 02:11 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If "European community" and "American community" are proper nouns, then "Black community" and "White community" are also proper nouns.

I believe that is incorrect. But I'd much rather discus substantive issues with you than discuss grammar.
coldjoint

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 02:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It feels like bigotry to me.

Bigotry is not backed by proof. What I say about Islam can be proven.
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:08 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The problem is, quite a lot of Muslims like to murder people.

Yes, I agree that it's probably a minority (and therefore the majority is peaceful). But it's a very large minority.

That's a problem that can't be swept under the rug.

This is a silly statement because it is meaningless. What does "quite a lot" mean? Does "like to murder" mean they enjoy it, or does someone who murders out of anger count? How to you measure this anyway.

If the facts say that Christians commit the same amount of murder as Muslims in the US, does that disprove your "fact"?
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:10 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

I believe that is incorrect. But I'd much rather discus substantive issues with you than discuss grammar.

I am just curious (I won't argue, but I want to know your opinion).

Consider this sentence "Many european countries are opening their borders".

Is the lack of capitalization in the word "european" correct or incorrect?
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:13 pm
@coldjoint,
You are being silly Coldjoint.

So, you can prove that Christianity teaches hate, condones terror, violence and rape as weapons of war. Those facts are proven by their own holy words

So what? Anyone can play these games. It doesn't really prove anything.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:15 pm
@maxdancona,
I am not referring to only the US.

I am referring to Muslims who think that it is OK to murder Muslims for converting to a different religion.

I am referring to Muslims who think it is OK to murder people for criticizing their religion (even if the criticism is just).

I am referring to Muslims who think it is OK to murder people for drawing cartoons about their religion.

I am referring to Muslims who think it is OK to murder their female relatives if they go out on a date with a boy.

I am referring to Muslims who gloated and celebrated when they saw the 9/11 attacks.

You don't see that sort of stuff in other religions.
oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Is the lack of capitalization in the word "european" correct or incorrect?

It is incorrect. It should be capitalized.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
You don't see that sort of stuff in other religions.

If I can show you that "sort of stuff" in other religions, will you accept that your "facts" are false?
oralloy

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:22 pm
@maxdancona,
If you can show that any other religion behaves the same way, I will agree that that other religion also has problems that need to be confronted.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 03:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If I can show you that "sort of stuff" in other religions, will you accept that your "facts" are false?

You need to show a large group in that religion acting on things you find. You won't.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 12:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Murder is wrong and they should stop doing it.

Lol so the muslin man who own a small grocery store near me I should ask him to stop murdering for some reason?

By the same silly logic all police officers should be ask to stop murdering innocents due to the police officers that are murderers?

It is indeed wrong to murder just as it is wrong to go in the internet an try to drum on hate for any one religion group.