Slavery Still Exists. Where’s Black Lives Matter?

oralloy

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:46 am
@BillRM,
Self defense is hardly murder. People who try to kill police officers are hardly innocent.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 08:46 am
Oralloy,

Would you and Coldjoint please stop shooting up Black churches?
oralloy

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 09:36 am
@maxdancona,
What are you talking about? I've not shot up any church.

But if a black person violently attacked me, and the only way I could escape being lynched would be to ensure there were no witnesses to my self defense, so be it.
oralloy

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 10:13 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Lol so the muslin man who own a small grocery store near me I should ask him to stop murdering for some reason?

It is wrong for him to murder his female relatives for going out on a date.

It is wrong for him to murder people for drawing cartoons criticizing Islam.

Yes. This guy should not murder anyone. Please ask him not to commit any murders.
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

What are you talking about? I've not shot up any church.

But if a black person violently attacked me, and the only way I could escape being lynched would be to ensure there were no witnesses to my self defense, so be it.

I thought you were intelligent. Do you really not see the parallel here?
oralloy

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:22 pm
@maxdancona,
There is no parallel. There is no large group of people who attack churches, aside from Muslims themselves that is.
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:49 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

There is no parallel. There is no large group of people who attack churches, aside from Muslims themselves that is.

1. June 2015: Charleston, South Carolina: Dylann Roof, 21, shoots and killed nine black church members during a Bible study group inside the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Police contend the attack was a hate crime. A jury sentenced him to death in January 2017, and he's now on death row in Terre Haute, Indiana.

2. August 2015: Waynesville, North Carolina: Wade Allen Baker, of Clyde, North Carolina, dies after an exchange of gunfire with police, who had responded to a 911 call claiming that people had been shot at the Maple Grove Baptist Church in Waynesville, North Carolina; no one else was, in fact, injured in the gunfire.

3. September 2015: East Selma, Alabama: A man was charged with three counts of attempted murder after shooting his girlfriend, their baby and a clergyman inside the Oasis Tabernacle Church in East Selma, Alabama.

4. October 2015: Detroit, Michigan: A Detroit pastor shot and killed a man during Sunday services, when the man went after the pastor with a brick, according to police. The pastor whipped out his Glock handgun and fired several shots, killing the man, Detroit police said.

5. February 2016: Dayton, Ohio: A gunman opens fire at St. Peter's Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton, Ohio, killing the pastor. More than 20 people were reported to be inside the church at the time of the shooting,

6. April 2017: North Wales, Pennsylvania: Authorities say a dispute between two members at Keystone Fellowship Church in a Philadelphia suburb during a Sunday worship service ended with one person shooting and killing the other. Authorities didn't say what the disturbance was at the evangelical church.

7. May 2017: Kansas City, Missouri: A church greeter was shot while welcoming parishioners at a church in south Kansas City, police said. The suspect entered the House of Refuge Family Worship Church through a rear door and fired multiple shots, according to police. Greeter Montell Bruce was struck in the head, but his injury was not life-threatening, authorities said.

8. June 2017: Oakland, California: Police arrested a man who they allege fired eight bullets into a religious statue outside St. Felicitas Catholic Church in Oakland, California. They investigated the shooting as a hate crime. No one was injured, but police a police spokesman said that officers struggled with the male subject when he was taken into custody. The name of the person arrested was not immediately released. He was described as white male in his mid-30s.

9. September 2017: Nashville, Tennessee: One woman was killed and seven other people were hurt after a suspect identified as a Sudanese immigrant opened fire at a Tennessee church, police said; the FBI confirmed it launched a civil rights investigation into the shooting.

10. November 2017: Fresno, California: A man waiting at a church parking lot shot and killed his estranged wife and her boyfriend after they emerged from Mass at St. Alphonsus Church. The husband, Manuel Garcia, 64, then drove to the family home 11 blocks away and, as SWAT officers massed outside, took his own life.

11. November 2017: Sutherland Springs, Texas: 26 people were killed and 20 others wounded in a shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs. Devin Patrick Kelley fired at least 450 rounds inside the church, authorities have said. A nearby resident shot and wounded Kelley before the killer drove away and ultimately ended his own life, according to authorities.

12. October 2018: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: A man opened fire in the Tree of Life synagogue in an anti-Semitic attack, killing 11 people and injuring six others.

13. April 2019: Poway, California: One person was killed, and at least three were wounded by a shooter at the Chabad of Poway synagogue.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-attacks-houses-worship
coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:57 pm
@maxdancona,
None of those have anything to with Christian doctrine. Jihad in Islam is completely different. Your answer is garbage and means 0.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Would you and Coldjoint please stop shooting up Black churches?

I should report that. Myself and Oralloy have nothing to do with anything like that. You were challenged to show an organized group from another religion acting on their doctrine and killing people, you cant. And watch your arrogant mouth.
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 02:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Please report my post. I think that would be hilarious. You are making my point for me.
coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 02:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You are making my point for me.

You made no point, because you have no argument. You failed to produce what you said you could.
Quote:
I think that would be hilarious.

So you think accusing someone of shooting up Black churches is funny? Says a lot about you. It does not surprise me, your attitude and comments show what you are.
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
So you think accusing someone of shooting up Black churches is funny?

I laughed at your jokes about terror and rape. I think you could return the favor.
coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 03:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I laughed at your jokes about terror and rape.

They are not jokes. You are.
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 03:55 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I laughed at your jokes about terror and rape.

They are not jokes. You are.

Hee hee hee
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 04:06 pm
Quote:
Myth:
Muhammad Would
Never Approve of Rape

"Our Prophet (peace be upon him) always held women in the deepest respect."

The Truth:
It is against Islam to rape free Muslim women, but Muhammad actually encouraged the rape of others captured in battle. This hadith provides the context for the Quranic verse (4:24):

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Actually, as the hadith indicates, it wasn't Muhammad, but "Allah the Exalted" who told the men to rape the women in front of their husbands - which is all the more reason to think of Islam as being very different from other religions.

Note also that the husbands of these unfortunate victims were obviously alive after battle. This is important because it flatly contradicts those apologists who like to argue that the women Muhammad enslaved were widowed and thus unable to fend for themselves. (Even if the apologists were right, what sort of a moral code is it that forces a widow to choose between being raped and starving?)

There are several other episodes in which Muhammad is offered the clear opportunity to disavow raping women - yet he instead offers advice on how to proceed. In one case, his men were reluctant to devalue their female commodities for future resale by getting them pregnant. Muhammad was asked about coitus interruptus in particular:

"O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence.” (Bukhari 34:432)

As indicated, the prophet of Islam did not mind his men raping the women, provided they ejaculated within the bodies of their victims.

As one might imagine, Muhammad's obvious approval of raping women captured in battle (and his own personal participation, as recorded in many places) is of intense inconvenience to the Muslim apologists of our time. For this reason, some of them attempt to explain away these many episodes and Quranic references to sex with captives by pretending that these are cases in which women have fled bad marriages and sought refuge with the Muslims. Some apologists even refer to them as "wives," even though the Quran makes a clear distinction between "those whom thy right hand possesses" and true wives (see Sura 33:50).

Beyond the desperation of the 21st century apologist however, there is absolutely nothing in the historical text to support this rosy revision of Muslim history. The women of the Banu Mustaliq, for example, were sold into slavery following their rape:

"We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter" (Sahih Muslim 3371)

In fact, female slaves were traded like any other simple commodity by Muhammad and his band of devoted followers:

"Then the apostle sent Sa-d b. Zayd al-Ansari, brother of Abdu'l-Ashal with some of the captive women of Banu Qurayza to Najd and he sold them for horses and weapons." (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham/Hisham 693)

Is it Islamic to sell one's wife for horses? Clearly these were not wives!

Also, by definition, a "captured" woman is not one who is fleeing her husband. She is fleeing her captor (ie. the Muslim slave raider). This hadith describes a typical raid, in which the women and children are captured as they are attempting to flee the attacking Muslims:

“…and then we attacked from all sides and reached their watering-place where a battle was fought. Some of the enemies were killed and some were taken prisoners. I saw a group of persons that consisted of women and children [escaping in the distance]. I was afraid lest they should reach the mountain before me, so I shot an arrow between them and the mountain. When they saw the arrow, they stopped. So I brought them, driving them along” (Sahih Muslim 4345)

The Muslim narrator sees the women trying to escape (following the massacre of their men) and cuts off their route by shooting an arrow into their path. These aren't women trying to seek refuge with the Muslims. They are trying to avoid capture by the Muslims.

The same hadith goes on to recount that Muhammad traded one of these captured women as a ransom to a different tribe. The passage also shows that one intention of the captors was to have sex with their 'product':

I drove them along until I brought them to Abu Bakr who bestowed that girl upon me as a prize. So we arrived in Medina. I had not yet disrobed her when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) met me in the street and said: “Give me that girl.” (Sahih Muslim 4345)

So, the prophet of Islam and his companions used war to collect women as a utility for sex and barter. Unless she was arbitrarily declared as someone's wife, the woman became a sex slave. In no case was her fate tied to anything that she had personally done, nor was she given a choice about her future.

The proof is in the holy text.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/muhammad/rape.aspx
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/muhammad/rape.aspx
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 04:45 pm
@coldjoint,
We have already played this game.

The Christian God approved of rape in the Christian Bible.
coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 04:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
We have already played this game.

You were wrong then, you are wrong now.
Quote:
Christian Bible.

That would be the NT only. Show me where it approves of rape. Also who, if anyone, is acting on it?
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 04:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Really? So the Old Testament isn't part of the Christian Bible? Was it a different God in the Old Testament?

I consider the Old Testament to be part of the Bible. Same God, same Word of God.

coldjoint

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 04:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Was it a different God in the Old Testament?

It is not supposed to be. At the same time you need to admit rape is not condoned in Christianity. Fine, show me a group of Jews raping women in Western Europe or anywhere else. As in acting out on holy literature.
maxdancona

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 05:04 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Was it a different God in the Old Testament?

It is not supposed to be. At the same time you need to admit rape is not condoned in Christianity. Fine, show me a group of Jews raping women in Western Europe or anywhere else. As in acting out on holy literature.

Funny thing... Most of the raping was done by terrorist Christian groups.

The people who ran the business of slavery in Europe were Christians. I can show you how Christians of the time used the Bible, the New Testament in fact, to justify slavery.

This is your game of course. It doesn't really matter nor does it say anything about Christian who reject slavery. The lesson here is about bigotry, you are singling out Muslims because you hate Muslims, but your twisted logic can be applied against pretty much any religion.
0 Replies