Why are people protesting and rioting in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis?

Sturgis

Thu 4 Jun, 2020 03:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
When God says it's your time, it's your time. If God decides to make an example of you by having you brutalized or killed or even injured greatly by a fleeing vehicle, no amount of prayer will keep you safe.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:16 am
@Sturgis,
I don't receive that. Stop racially profiling people. Put the race cards away.

I am not a criminal or any kind of troublemaker.

Psalm 91:10-12 - "No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone."

What happens to one African American or what one African American does is not a referendum on all African Americans in America.

White folks don't protest and complain whenever John Boy does something stupid.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:21 am
Someone told me Floyd was killed because he was resisting arrest. He was also spreading counterfeit bills all over the town he was in.

Is this correct?
izzythepush

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:36 am
@JGoldman10,
You talk to some real right wing scum.

There is nothing in the video to suggest he was resisting arrest.

What is wrong with you?

Why the need to constantly blame the victim?

Is it so hard to accept that there are some police officers who are clearly not fit for the job?
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:37 am
@izzythepush,
I was just checking. Is it true he was spreading fake currency all over the town he was in?
izzythepush

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:50 am
@JGoldman10,
I don’t know.

It’s not important.

He wasn’t committing an act of violence nor was he violent when he was arrested.

It sounds like you’re trying to malign the victim and there’s no good reason for that.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:55 am
@izzythepush,
I was just fact checking. Some little racist idiot told me this stuff about Floyd.
Region Philbis

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:59 am
@JGoldman10,

i would un-friend that person if i were you...
izzythepush

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 10:00 am
@JGoldman10,
If you know they’re a racist why are you talking to them?

There are no ends to the lies and the depths those people will sink.

There’s even some far right websites claiming the whole thing was staged.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 10:00 am
@Sturgis,
If you think ALL African Americans are degenerate riff-raff that hail from American urban slums then you're a racist idiot.

You can't make generalizations about an entire group of Americans.

Not all Hispanic/Latino Americans are shiftless and lazy.

Not all Italian Americans are mafiosos.

Not all Asians and Asian Americans are smart.

Not all Irish and Irish Americans are lushes.

I don't like racist generalizations and ethnic stereotypes.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 10:02 am
@Region Philbis,
He's some racist kid at a chatsite I frequent.
izzythepush

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 10:11 am
@JGoldman10,
Put him on ignore.

And don’t believe a word he says.

Other posters have told you how to get hold of proper news. You should be doing that instead of listening to idiots on chatsites.
livinglava

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 10:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don’t know.

It’s not important.

He wasn’t committing an act of violence nor was he violent when he was arrested.

It sounds like you’re trying to malign the victim and there’s no good reason for that.

People want to understand what happened. Maybe it's easy for you to imagine that a cop just decided to apply deadly force to a suspect because he was black and for no other reason, but that seems implausible to those of us that understand it is unlikely for a police officer to randomly brutalize a person because of their skin color only. This doesn't mean the officer is innocent, but that people want to understand what really happened because it is just so unlikely that it was purely due to the cop being hell-bent on brutalizing anyone and everyone who has a certain skin tone.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:14 am
@livinglava,
Some American cops are racist. They want to stereotype people of color and assume that just because they are people of color that they fit into a certain mold.

Having counterfeit money in one's possession is NOT a reason for ANY cops to kill anyone.

What I don't understand is why other people of color have the nerve to be biased towards Blacks. One or two of the cops who subdued Floyd were Asian American.

They just wanted to assume because Floyd was African American that he was some kind of thug or animal, or "savage", which is sick.

Some American cops are seemingly programmed to think some African American males are a threat, which is racist.

Like I said I'm not some degenerate riff-raff from any American urban slum. I was born and raised in the suburbs. I grew up in a quiet predominantly-White neighborhood.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, African American males are stereotyped as being "predators" or thugs.

I don't know what percent of African Americans live in American urban slums, but that figure is probably blown out of proportion by the American media. Black Middle class exists.

Perhaps the cops who subdued Floyd stereotyped him and assumed he had some kind of slave, ghetto, project, or " 'hood" mentality; perhaps they assumed he was some ignorant person who couldn't be reasoned with. Maybe to them Floyd looked "intimidating". Maybe they had some kind of an aversion to brown skin and nappy hair. Who knows?

Historically early police forces were set up in the U.S. as a means to control slaves in the U.S.

They mentioned this in a program they did on cop brutality in the U.S. on BET a few years ago.
Rebelofnj

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:26 am
The Minneapolis police department have released personnel record of the officers who were involved with George Floyd's death.

In regards to Derek Chauvin, the officer charged with Floyd's murder:
"Chauvin’s 19-year career with the Minneapolis Police Department, where he was involved with several police shootings, includes both commendations and more than 15 conduct complaints. Almost all the complaints were closed without discipline, records show, suggesting the allegations weren’t sustained. The nature of the complaints wasn’t made public. The file includes a 2008 letter of reprimand Chauvin received for the two violations involving “discretion” and a squad car camera. “This case will remain a B violation and can be used as progressive discipline for three years,” the letter notes.

"The letter doesn’t give any details of the incident. However, there is a complaint in the file from August 2007 from a woman who accused Chauvin and another officer of pulling her from her car, frisking her and putting her in the squad car for going 10 mph over the speed limit. “Further investigation showed (redacted) did not have the audio on and the squad MVR tape had been turned off during course of stop.”

"The file also includes two letters from women commending him on his handling of domestic violence calls in 2008 and 2013.

"Chauvin received a Medal of Commendation in 2008 for disarming a man outside the El Nuevo Rodeo club on E. Lake Street while working security off-duty in his uniform.

"He was also recommended for a Medal of Valor in 2006. That recognition was related to the shooting death of Wayne Reyes, a stabbing suspect who fled in his truck with officers in pursuit. When Reyes stopped and climbed out of the truck, police said he swung his sawed-off shotgun toward the six officers. All fired."

https://www.startribune.com/personnel-records-shed-light-on-four-minneapolis-police-officers-charged-in-george-floyd-death/571019902/
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:28 am
@Sturgis,
How many African Americans do YOU know if I may ask? Do you have any Black friends?

I dare you to spew that tripe you spewed at me towards them and see how they respond.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:29 am
@izzythepush,
The boy is full of crap. He's a wind-up merchant. He spews a lot of tripe. I don't listen to what he says.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:30 am
@JGoldman10,
Am I missing something? I didn't think Sturgis said anything racist?
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:30 am
@Rebelofnj,
They need to fire all four of those racist kooks. Fire them without pay and/or jail them.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Jun, 2020 11:33 am
@Linkat,
Sturgis wrote:

When God says it's your time, it's your time. If God decides to make an example of you by having you brutalized or killed or even injured greatly by a fleeing vehicle, no amount of prayer will keep you safe.

This is racist and offensive. I have nothing to do with African Americans who act like criminals.

I am a Christian. I don't go out in public with the intention of harming others and/or doing other criminal things.