Why are people protesting and rioting in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis?

oralloy

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
We are living in the Last Days/End Times.

I think that's probably not true.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:48 am
@oralloy,
It is true. Watch CHRISTIAN TV.
Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:49 am
@JGoldman10,
No. I rather not.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:51 am
https://www.openbible.info/topics/living_a_good_life
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:55 am
@Rebelofnj,
May I ask why?
Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 07:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Personally, I would rather talk to local religious leaders and people I respect before I watch Christian TV for guidance.
Rebelofnj

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 08:00 am
@JGoldman10,
I decline to explain because they are deeply personal to me.

Plus, my interpretation of the verses is different from your interpretation.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 08:01 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 08:07 am
@Rebelofnj,
I respect my current pastor and ex-pastor, even though my current pastor is out-of-state and my ex-pastor lives downstate from me.

There are many televangelists and other ministry leaders on Christian TV these days talking about the End Times/Last Days. They've been preaching about it since the '80s.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 08:09 am
People have been claiming it’s the end of the World since the concept was first understood.

There’s a poster on A2K who claims that Christ has been reborn as the Spirit of Ama in the Philippines. He keeps claiming WW3 might happen on a particular. When said date comes and goes he just claims to have got the dates wrong and it’s next year.

He’s been doing this for a long time.

As for Christian TV those hucksters are going to tell the credulous that the end of the World is just around the corner and if they want to be part of the rapture they need to send them all their money right away.

They’re not concerned with saving souls, they just want your money.
JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 08:13 am
@izzythepush,
Jimmy Swaggart is not a "huckster".
izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 08:17 am
@JGoldman10,
He’s about as Hucksterish as you can get. I’m sure he’ll have no problems cashing the cheque in your mum’s name.

Why don’t you send it to him?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 05:20 pm
Was George Floyd's family financially compensated for his murder? They should have been. I know his family started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for his funeral.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 05:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
Floyd Mayweather is paying for them. It was quite a big news story, covered by the news sites other posters have advised you to use.

0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 6 Jun, 2020 05:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Was George Floyd's family financially compensated for his murder?

Probably not yet. But they will be.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:12 pm
I watched a surveillance video that recorded what happened to Floyd here:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/27/video-does-not-appear-to-show-george-floyd-resisting-arrest/

He was not resisting arrest as the cops claimed.
oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 08:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
At 5 minutes and 20 seconds, almost at the end of the video, he drops to the ground instead of getting into the back of the police car.
JGoldman10

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:35 pm
@oralloy,
Really? I didn't see him fall.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 05:59 pm
@oralloy,
If Floyd did resist arrest then he was foolish. That's the problem with a lot of instances you hear about through the media in which African Americans are wrongfully killed by cops. A majority of the time people have gotten killed because they do not comply with police.

A lot of these people have gotten killed because they want to show their butts to the cops and oppose and/or antagonize the cops some kind of way, instead of humbling themselves and complying with the cops.

That is extremely stupid. The cops are not supposed to shoot unarmed people.

The only instance I can think of in which an African American was wrongfully killed by cops and the person didn't resist arrest was that incident in which a kid was unjustly killed for being in possession of a B.B. gun.

If that had been a White kid he probably wouldn't have gotten killed.

The boy was killed because someone falsely reported to the police that the kid had a real gun, or something along these lines.
jespah

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 06:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
I strongly suggest you Google the name Breonna Taylor.