Why are people protesting and rioting in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis?

Rebelofnj

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 06:53 pm
@jespah,
"She was asking to get shot. How dare she sleep in her own bed at home before the police shot her 8 times!"

To be very clear, this is a sarcastic comment. Her death is incredibly tragic and could have been avoided entirely.

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justice/2020/05/breonna-taylor-is-one-of-a-shocking-number-of-black-people-to-see-armed-police-barge-into-their-homes/
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If Floyd did resist arrest then he was foolish. That's the problem with a lot of instances you hear about through the media in which African Americans are wrongfully killed by cops. A majority of the time people have gotten killed because they do not comply with police.

A lot of these people have gotten killed because they want to show their butts to the cops and oppose and/or antagonize the cops some kind of way, instead of humbling themselves and complying with the cops.

That is extremely stupid. The cops are not supposed to shoot unarmed people.

The only instance I can think of in which an African American was wrongfully killed by cops and the person didn't resist arrest was that incident in which a kid was unjustly killed for being in possession of a B.B. gun.

If that had been a White kid he probably wouldn't have gotten killed.

The boy was killed because someone falsely reported to the police that the kid had a real gun, or something along these lines.

This kid should not have been out in a public park, playing with a toy gun, unsupervised. I'm wondering where were the boy's parents when the cops drove up to him and mowed him down with bullets.

It was a White woman who made the false report to the cops about this boy. I think she also told the police he was threatening people with his toy gun if I remember right.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:17 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
I strongly suggest you Google the name Breonna Taylor.

No knock warrants have always been an extremely bad idea.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:29 pm
@oralloy,
So a majority of the time, there are African Americans who get wrongfully killed by police, the media then puts them in the spotlight, and we, the general public, are supposed to feel bad because these people chose to defy police. The African American community protests, riots and loots over the deaths of troublemakers.

I feel sorry that these people chose to act up around cops instead if complying with them. I feel sorry that there were racist cops who chose to handle dealing with those people the wrong way. I hope the people who were killed had gotten Saved before they passed, and I hope the cops responsible for their deaths had gotten Saved.

I recall hearing about a young African American man who went into a convience store with the intention of inciting trouble. When the police were called the young man had the nerve to try to take an officer's gun away and threaten the officer's life. The cop killed him in self-defense. The young man was a thug. He was unarmed. I don't think he should have been shot. I think the officer could have maced or pepper sprayed him or tased him a bit as a warning. I think the cop should have proceeded to handcuff the young man afterwards and then taken him to a police station for questioning and had him sit in a locked cell.

I'm not an expert on standard police protocol.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The only instance I can think of in which an African American was wrongfully killed by cops and the person didn't resist arrest was that incident in which a kid was unjustly killed for being in possession of a B.B. gun.

I take that back. Trayvon Martin was walking around in public, and George Zimmerman, a cop or a man posing as a cop, spotted Trayvon. Zimmerman was a racist bully who shot Trayvon for no reason. I think he shot him because the young man "looked suspicious".

The young man was minding his own business but get should not have been out walking around in public by himself, stoned. He didn't do anything to Zimmerman. Zimmerman picked at him for the sake of picking at him.
JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:56 pm
Whether people are troublemakers are not, cops are not supposed to kill them if they are unarmed.
oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
Trayvon was bashing Mr. Zimmerman's head against a concrete sidewalk when Mr. Zimmerman shot him.
oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
Someone who is unarmed can be a lethal threat with their bare hands in some circumstances.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:00 pm
@oralloy,
Really? I didn't know that. Was Zimmerman a cop? Why did Trayvon attack Zimmerman like that?
JGoldman10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:11 pm
@oralloy,
Cop brutality is wrong, but you got the point I was making - correct?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
Oral is wrong, Trayvon was walking back to his Dad's house in a gated community armed with nothing but a bag of skittles. Zimmerman was not a cop, he called 911 to report a suspicious person and the police told him not to follow the boy. Zimmerman was creeping up on the much younger boy, the boy noticed and attempted to evade the much heavier man....Zimmerman grabbed him, the boy fought back (I would have done the same) and Zimmerman shot him.

Trayvon will never draw another breath but that still doesn't satisfy the racists. They make up stories about imaginary tattoos or imaginary gang affiliation ..... but if even those lies were true, where does it say that it's ok to ambush a young man walking back (by himself, no weapons) and shoot him.
oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Really?

Yes. Here are pictures of Mr. Zimmerman's face and the back of his head:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/George_Zimmerman_front_of_head.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/George_Zimmerman_back_of_head.jpg

JGoldman10 wrote:
Was Zimmerman a cop?

No. He was the captain of the neighborhood watch.

JGoldman10 wrote:
Why did Trayvon attack Zimmerman like that?

I can only speculate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:49 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Oral is wrong,

No I'm not.

glitterbag wrote:
Zimmerman was creeping up on the much younger boy, the boy noticed and attempted to evade the much heavier man....Zimmerman grabbed him, the boy fought back (I would have done the same) and Zimmerman shot him.

Every word in that sentence is untrue.

Mr. Zimmerman only tried to tail Trayvon at a distance so he could point him out to the police. He never attempted to draw close.

When the dispatcher advised him that tailing him was a bad idea, Mr Zimmerman stopped doing even that.

Then Trayvon came up to Mr. Zimmerman and tried to murder him.

glitterbag wrote:
Trayvon will never draw another breath but that still doesn't satisfy the racists.

Falsely accusing people of racism is a crutch because you have no facts or logic to provide.

glitterbag wrote:
where does it say that it's ok to ambush a young man walking back (by himself, no weapons) and shoot him.

The only ambush here was Trayvon's ambush of Mr. Zimmerman.
neptuneblue

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:55 pm
@oralloy,
This has been hashed and re-hashed ad nauseam.

If OP would not like to do his own research and come to his own conclusion to the events, it's really to his own disadvantage. For you to argue and re-argue point after point does no good for the sake of anything.

oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:05 pm
@neptuneblue,
I don't see any harm in posting facts.
Sturgis

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:06 pm
@oralloy,
When will you be starting?
oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:16 pm
@Sturgis,
You cannot provide examples of untrue statements in any of my posts.

Shame on you for your lack of honesty and integrity.
neptuneblue

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:23 pm
@oralloy,
It's not the fact you post un-truths. It's the fact you leave out certain details that make the truth obscure.

Honor and integrity would prevail.
oralloy

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:27 pm
@neptuneblue,
If you feel that there are important details that are being left out, feel free to post them yourself.

I suspect that nothing relevant is being left out of my posts. But if there is something, no one is stopping you from posting it.
Sturgis

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:27 pm
@oralloy,
And shame on you for such dreadful reading skills....or lack thereof.

I was responding to just that one statement. I defy you or anyone to show that I was writing about your long career here of posting posts.

You are much too sensitive and too prone to leaping to conclusions which are often false.

Did you not think that I might be eagerly awaiting your post when I asked when you'd be starting?