Why are people protesting and rioting in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis?

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:06 am
Hi. I was told by a few people about some recent protesting and rioting that transpired in Delaware. I did some research about this on my own. George Floyd was an innocent African American man who was wrongfully killed by four cops simply because he was in possession of a counterfeit $20 bill. The four cops pinned him to the ground and Mr. Floyd died from suffication; he repeatedly told the cops he couldn't breathe but they ignored him. The cops are guilty of homicide and were fired. One cop is being charged with homicide charges. There is no word yet as of the time of the posting of this about what happened to the other cops.

This incident was recorded on video.

There was a demonstration and some rioting going on that came about as a result of this incident.

Why are people protesting and rioting when there is still a pandemic going on? Did people forget about the Covid-19 crisis?

I don't think that was wise.

There is probably something else people could have done in response to Floyd's murder.

Someone told me someone planted the fake $20 bill on Mr. Floyd but I don't know if that is true. Floyd was not armed. I'm not an expert on law but having counterfeit money in one's possession is not something cops should kill someone over.

It seems like the cops assumed because Floyd was Black that he was up to no good.

Rioting is not the appropriate thing to do in any circumstance. Many riots are often accompanied by looting and stealing is wrong.

I hope Mr. Floyd was Saved.

My church and I prayed over this situation. We are praying for peace in the U.S.

I don't know how the world has reacted to what has transpired but a few people I know said there have been protests and riots all over the U.S.

Please help. Thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 8,608 • Replies: 198
Topic Closed

oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 02:24 am
JGoldman10 wrote:
Why are people protesting and rioting when there is still a pandemic going on?

Because they are violent thugs.
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 02:31 am
@oralloy,
So they don't care about their own personal health and safety? Why wasn't Floyd and the cops who pinned him down wearing masks? Why were a lot of protestors not wearing masks?
oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:01 am
@JGoldman10,
Who knows.

I'm just happy that a lot of very bad people are going to get what they deserve in 14 days.
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:04 am
@oralloy,
What bad people? The cops?
oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:20 am
@JGoldman10,
No. The violent thugs who are stealing and burning because they are angry over not allowed to murder police officers and white people.
izzythepush

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:45 am
Orally is a racist who approves of the extra judicial murder of black people by the thugs who wear police uniforms.

People are protesting because they’re angry and rightfully so.
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:48 am
@oralloy,
The three other cops need to be brought up on murder charges too.
oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:50 am
@JGoldman10,
Based on what evidence?
oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy is a racist

That's a lie. You make personal attacks because you lack the ability to say anything intelligent.

izzythepush wrote:
who approves of the extra judicial murder of black people by the thugs who wear police uniforms.

Self defense is not in any way murder.

izzythepush wrote:
People are protesting because they’re angry and rightfully so.

Hardly rightfully so. They should learn to accept that they don't get to go around murdering police officers and white people.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:02 am
@oralloy,
I don't know all the particulars of what transpired in Delaware, but they are accessories to the crime of killing George Floyd. They helped that cop who sufficated Floyd pin him down. They are just as guilty.
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:05 am
@oralloy,
Didn't people learn anything from what happened in Baltimore a few years back and in other places where protests and riots transpired in recent years because people were wrongfully killed by cops?

Resorting to violence doesn't solve anything.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:08 am
I still don't think having ANY protests and riots in the middle of a pandemic was appropriate.

There is another course of action these people could have taken.

CHRISTIANS should have been praying.
oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:15 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
They helped that cop who sufficated Floyd pin him down.

It's not a crime for a police officer to help subdue someone who is being arrested.

Do you have any evidence that the other cops knew that he was applying the neck pressure improperly?
Below viewing threshold (view)
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:27 am
@oralloy,
But the three other cops witnessed the one cop killing Floyd by suffocating him. Floyd repeatedly told all the cops he could not breathe. The cop suffocating Floyd didn't stop and the other three cops did nothing to stop him from suffocating Floyd.

The three cops are accessories. They are just as guilty.

No, I don't have any evidence. I don't know all the particulars of what happened.
Below viewing threshold (view)
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:40 am
@panther2020,
So you think the incident could have been staged?
oralloy

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:42 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
But the three other cops witnessed the one cop killing Floyd by suffocating him.

Did they know that he was applying the neck pressure wrong?

For that matter, did the guy who actually applied the pressure even know that he was doing it wrong?

JGoldman10 wrote:
Floyd repeatedly told all the cops he could not breathe.

Arrestees make untrue claims of that nature all the time.
JGoldman10

Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:43 am
@oralloy,
I don't know. The incident was recorded on video. I'll watch a video of it.