Let's fire Trump

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 05:19 pm

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg says he is disgusted by Trump's
remarks on the nationwide protests against racial injustice . . .
coldjoint

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 06:40 pm
@Region Philbis,
Zuckerberg lives behind walls with armed security. Just like the politicians. He is another person this violence will never touch. F*ck him.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 08:31 pm
Trump is engineering an extinction event for the GOP.
Both politically and literally. The convention will take place in Jacksonville with no social distancing or masks. For good measure, since there are not enough hotels, they are commandeering a cruise ship to house the attendees...

And you know what ? The magats will go for it. Trump has a Jim Jones hold on his cultists

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213586354

drray23
coldjoint

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 08:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You source another forum? What kind of crap is that? Do you have to import more haters? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 08:49 pm
Any chance I can talk you into going?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 08:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Any chance I can talk you into going?

You could not talk me into anything.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:02 am
Restaurant Worker Says She Was Fired for Refusing to Wear 'Trump 2020' Mask

Restaurant Worker Says She Was Fired for Refusing to Wear 'Trump 2020' Mask

Can an employer legally fire someone for refusing to wear a specific political message? The answer is: maybe.

by Jelisa Castrodale
Jun 9 2020, 4:25pm

In late May, Ohio governor Mike DeWine gave the official OK for restaurants to resume indoor dining, provided that each establishment operated at reduced capacity, that the tables were rearranged to ensure adequate distance between customers, and that restaurant employees wore face masks while they worked.

When Kris Hauser, a longtime server at the Village Inn in Farmersville, clocked in for her first shift since the pandemic began, she wore a surgical-style face mask that she'd brought from home. But according to WHIO and her now-viral Facebook post, she was immediately stopped by her boss and given a cloth mask with "Trump 2020" printed on it. Hauser said she asked whether she could wear the mask inside out, and she was allowed to work her hours with the words "Trump 2020" pressed against the lower half of her face. (She also wrote that her unnamed boss told her that she "can't be for Biden." )

The next day, she wore another single-use surgical mask after she said she was given the OK to rotate the 'Trump' mask if she hadn't had a chance to launder it after her shift. She wrote that she'd been at the restaurant for 45 minutes before the owner, Scott Jacobs, told Hauser and the masked bartender to change into their 'Trump 2020' masks.

"I responded and told him I would wear it, but I would wear it inside out, which a majority of employees had been doing already for the days prior," she wrote. "Scott told me, 'No, you will wear it with Trump 2020 facing out for people to see.' I told him I would not do this, and he said that I needed to leave. My response was to tell him that it was a pleasure working for him, and I proceeded to clock out and leave."

more...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wxqdwb/restaurant-worker-says-she-was-fired-for-refusing-to-wear-trump-2020-mask
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:05 am
Update: Woman who says she was fired from local restaurant over mask dispute may sue owner

Woman who says she was fired from local restaurant over mask dispute may sue owner

https://www.whio.com/news/local/woman-says-she-was-fired-local-restaurant-over-mask-dispute/GERNHFOPY5DZ5OU2YPZKTLQYCU/

By: John Bedell and WHIO Staff
Updated: June 8, 2020 - 4:59 PM

FARMERSVILLE — UPDATE 6/9/20

The woman we reported on Monday as saying she was fired from a local restaurant for refusing to wear a “Trump 2020” mask now tells us she may sue her former employer.

Jason Matthews, a lawyer who specializes in employer law, is now representing Kristen Houser.
Content Continues Below

However, it’s not so cut-and-dry whether the pair have a case.

The first amendment only protects free speech at work for public sector employees, and does not extend to private businesses. But Matthews believes there is still a case to be made under Ohio law.

“There is an Ohio statute, it’s Ohio Revised Code, Section 3599.05 which addresses employers coercing employees into engaging in political activity," he told News Center 7′s John Bedell.

Matthews and Hauser say suing is not going to be their first option, though, and that they hope to reach an amicable solution with the Village Inn’s owner.

“Our next step is to contact that employer to see if something can be worked out and to compensate Kristen for damages she’s incurred and hopefully to protect other employees from being subjected to similar treatment," Matthews said.

John Bedell has reached out to the owner once more for comment, but has not received a response.

FIRST REPORT

A woman in a Facebook post says she was terminated from a local restaurant over her refusal to wear a mask that had presidential campaign imagery on it.

According to Kristen Houser’s Facebook post, this is over a mask that read “Trump 2020.”

>> Crash sends 2 vehicles into Middletown business; 2 suffer serious injuries

She said she showed up to work last week at the Village Inn in Farmersville for the first time since the place shutdown because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

She wrote she brought her own mask, but that her boss told her she had one for her, the one with “Trump 2020” printed on the front.

The server wrote in her post that she asked if she could wear it inside out and she said her boss agreed at first that would be OK, but she said he boss added, “Well, you can’t be for Biden.” The woman wrote she responded, “I wasn’t for anyone and didn’t think it was appropriate.”

She wrote in the now-viral post that she came back with a surgical mask the next day and the owner told her she had to wear the “Trump 2020” mask.

That was when she said, “I told him I would not do this and he said I needed to leave. My response was to tell him that it was a pleasure working for him, and I proceeded to clock out and leave."

Later in the post, she says she was fired, saying, “I was terminated for nothing more than my desire to remain neutral. I was fired because I would not wear a “Trump 2020” mask.”

News Center 7 went to the restaurant Monday looking for comment, but no one was there. A phone call to the restaurant’s owner has not been returned.

The woman said she wants any further comments to go through her lawyer, who has agreed to an interview with News Center 7 Tuesday.

Many people wondered in the comments of her Facebook post if it’s legal for an employer to force employees to wear political attire. News Center 7 could not find anything to definitively answer that Monday -- but that’s a question WHIO will continue to look into.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
You are absolutely, totally correct about these "monuments."

No he isn't. It's just anti-South bigotry from the left.

How long do you reckon it will be before aggrieved Southerners take their rifles and blast the head off that big statue of Martin Luther King in DC?

I'm a bit surprised that they have not already done so.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I hope that theres a "Schlesinger" around to keep the Donald's fingers off any buttons.

Why do progressives want the President to be unable to defend the nation during a nuclear war?

Is this the same phenomenon as progressives not wanting the President to be able to protect citizens from violent looters?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:38 am
https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5ee3906896b8f.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 10:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5ee3906896b8f.jpg

Absolutely, positively, unquestionably, unequivocally...and any matching items in any thesaurus.

People who claim China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, or any other country STOLE our jobs ought to think about that!

We can easily get them all back. That is something else that ought to be considered.

All we have to do is hire American workers at 75 cents per hour (or maybe even as high a $1 per hour)...and the Trumps will definitely give the work to them. Really. The jobs will flood back into our country if we do that.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 12:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Its a two prong thing, Frank. We keep hearing about what a Christian nation we are. As you know I am a christian and I just don't see it. There's nothing wrong with being rich but the layers of people sucking up the profits made on the backs of the working is no kind of christianity I've ever heard about in my simple little Lutheran churches or any part of the Bible I read.

The second prong of it has to with getting what we pay for and getting away from the mindset of "its last year's, it's cheap and lets's throw it away."

There is a fairly sizable US clothing industry. Its market is Europe because US made clothing has a good reputation for quality and being worth the high prices it demands.

US workers are the most productive in the world, why are we so unwilling to pay for that production and quality?

Read this for an eye opener:

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/13-million-tons-of-clothes-are-filling-up-our-landfills/

or this:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/jul/29/fashion-must-fight-scourge-dumped-clothing-landfill
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 12:53 pm
https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5ee4dcb6153c1.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 12:58 pm
https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5ee4fdbc6d588.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 03:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
If you did outnumber Trump supporters you would not have to constantly repeat that lie.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 03:45 pm
https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5ee4fde9d1437.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 03:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Another pro Communist post. Trump has done nothing illegal. You want him in jail for political reasons. The Democrats et al do a great Stalin imitation. The scary thing is that they are serious about it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 04:47 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Its a two prong thing, Frank. We keep hearing about what a Christian nation we are. As you know I am a christian and I just don't see it. There's nothing wrong with being rich but the layers of people sucking up the profits made on the backs of the working is no kind of christianity I've ever heard about in my simple little Lutheran churches or any part of the Bible I read.

The second prong of it has to with getting what we pay for and getting away from the mindset of "its last year's, it's cheap and lets's throw it away."

There is a fairly sizable US clothing industry. Its market is Europe because US made clothing has a good reputation for quality and being worth the high prices it demands.

US workers are the most productive in the world, why are we so unwilling to pay for that production and quality?

Read this for an eye opener:

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/13-million-tons-of-clothes-are-filling-up-our-landfills/

or this:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/jul/29/fashion-must-fight-scourge-dumped-clothing-landfill

That "throw away" mindset is a pet peeve of mine, Bobsal. We use large napkins...and I often fold one that I have barely used and use it next meal. I clean pots and pans of every last kernel of rice or corn or beans. The waste in America is beyond sanity. (I don't even want to get into my favorite tee shirts or shorts!)

But your point about China stealing our jobs was right on the button. None of those jobs would be over there (or in any of the other countries who have them) is American entrepreneurs did not send them there.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 11:52 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

She gives me the creeps just knowing she's there. Listening. Eager to please. A little toooo eager if you ask me. And at the same time stuckup and a prig. Try telling her to go **** herself. No friendly rejoinder, no bonhomie. Just a cold, "I do not understand the request," and she goes back to rest mode.

I like a little more information from her: what was her home factory like? Did her assemblers in China get enough to eat, enough sleep? Has she had her resisters out? Does she ever dream about being a main frame or a laptop? What are her hopes, her dreams and her fears?

She sometime asks if I'd like her to control the TV, or the refrigerator or if I'd like to order a door Ring security system so she can watch for intruders. I think for someone who's not forthcoming about herself she's trying awfully hard to intrude into my life.

If I get another one, I'll get the 10# mash hammer,too. Just in case.

That's funny, made me laugh
0 Replies