Let's fire Trump

coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 01:27 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Yes, I know I'm going to be accused of conspiracy theory now. And as long as people are convinced it's not a form of warfare to destroy cities like this, they will continue to tolerate it. So my question becomes how long the destruction will continue if police/military do nothing to stop it.

Until the Communists takeover. This is a Communist movement. It has every sign of being one, including ridiculous useful idiots on forums and social media that continue to lie to the public.
livinglava

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 01:44 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Yes, I know I'm going to be accused of conspiracy theory now. And as long as people are convinced it's not a form of warfare to destroy cities like this, they will continue to tolerate it. So my question becomes how long the destruction will continue if police/military do nothing to stop it.

Until the Communists takeover. This is a Communist movement. It has every sign of being one, including ridiculous useful idiots on forums and social media that continue to lie to the public.

Let's assume for a moment that it is. If so, you have the problem of how to deal with it without treating civilians as enemy soldiers, i.e. because that violates the Geneva rules.

So somehow there have to be arrests and due process and legitimate punishment/correction; but for that to happen there has to be a legislature that is willing to make laws to enforce, and the legislature is obviously biased in favor of supporting these kinds of 'political activities.'

So now the democratic option is to check the failure of the legislature by voting them out and voting in others who will do their jobs and make laws that enable police to arrest non-peaceful demonstrators and hold them accountable for criminal actions.

They are trying to make that as difficult as possible by blaming police for anything that happens as a result of aggressive/hostile tactics on the part of the people who are resisting arrest and otherwise provoking the police reaction.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:03 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Geneva rules.

The US government has not declared war. Geneva does not apply.
livinglava

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:13 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Geneva rules.

The US government has not declared war. Geneva does not apply.

It doesn't matter if war is formally declared or not. Whatever is done to deal with insurrection has to be reasonable and thus defensible to a reasonable person standard. There may be no shortage of anti-American haters around the world ready to impose unreasonable standards of judgment against whatever happens in the US, but righteous people have to check whatever actions they take against some kind of reasonable-person standard. At the Nuremburg trials, nazi leaders defended themselves by saying that they were "just following orders," so if some similar trials were held after suppressing domestic insurrection in the US, I would hope the people involved would be able to honestly declare that they were following their conscience and behaving according to some reasonable standards of decision-making and action. That doesn't mean whatever they do would turn out to have been right, because people make mistakes, and of course there is also the possibility of being held accountable to bad standards by authorities who are bad; but ultimately if you are hung for your actions, you have to face judgment in the hereafter, so it's important to do what you truly believe is right, reasonable, and fair no matter what. I should also say that Jesus did say to turn the other cheek, so if you can figure out a way to do that, there is virtue in it even when it seems like cowardice to let people get away with sins/crimes that will ultimately earn them judgment at a higher level.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:21 pm
@livinglava,
Im really embarrassed to say that Im even part of this forum. Sitting here its like reading two chipmunks discussing redox reactions .
livinglava

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:23 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im really embarrassed to say that Im even part of this forum. Sitting here its like reading two chipmunks discussing redox reactions .

When I read your posts, I'm embarrassed to have had so much faith in academia and professional science, thinking that everyone who works in those fields is kind and politically unbiased.

It's ok, though. We all idolize teachers/professors when we're young before we gain an awareness of them as people just like anyone else.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im really embarrassed to say that Im even part of this forum.

That is easily remedied.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:51 pm
https://i.redd.it/jkfb6d35bx351.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 03:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Two pictures. Race baiting and division is the only purpose for posting them.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 03:54 pm
Race is always on your mind, ain't it?
livinglava

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Race is always on your mind, ain't it?

Why did you post the two pictures, exactly?
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:08 pm
@livinglava,
when you take a geology or gecochemistry course through me, you will see my bias towrd the rules of the sciences. What I do on my spare time seems to weigh heavily on how you see chemistry eh?

Imhappy for you that you are able to work your way through lifes complexities by simplifying everything into a kernel you can swallow.
If you dont see my value to my craft or my life, I really will not lose a minute of sleep. I know an equal amount of scientists and engineers who are either conservatives or progressives or, like me, proservatives. I live a life that setanta once expressed in that"Everyone is conservative about certain things an progressive on all others.

Ill add that I really believe that "It takes a real schlamazel to follow the single path of political purity"
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:09 pm
@livinglava,
I thought they were very nicely done, why do you see something I'm missing? What do you see?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:14 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Im really embarrassed to say that Im even part of this forum.

That is easily remedied.
No, you dont have to leave . You and Ll and Ollie are great for humor
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:22 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You and Ll and Ollie are great for humor

As totally unintentional as it is, it does provide belly laughs.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

Can't compete with your gossip.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:27 pm
https://i.imgur.com/KGDeocw.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You would think Killary would be telling people to stop burning things down. She never cared for this country and is not going to start now.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 04:48 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Can't compete with your gossip.

Competing with bad only leads to worse.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 05:10 pm
@livinglava,
There's hope for you, yet. We don't have to agree but making sense helps.