Let's fire Trump

NSFW (view)
snood

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 02:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

and removes him from a upper register position of credibility on the farmerman scoreboard.

Dude, it sounds like your scoreboard is in bad need of recalibration.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 02:52 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don’t think that the deep desire to see Trump finally- finally - be held to account for his actions merits being labeled a “revenger”. Do you?

Justice by definition is not revenge. If I get a speeding ticket for exceeding the speed limit..The cop who wrote the ticket is not exacting revenge, plus I can dispute the ticket in court.
BillW

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 02:56 pm
@glitterbag,
I wanna see theRump disputing his crimes in court wearing a prison jumpsuit!
McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 03:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Members? On A2K? I've not done that at all and I find your insinuation insulting and uncalled for.

I suggested that there was a scale of acceptability regarding pedophilia. But, because you have reading comprehension issues, you assumed I was calling someone (Max) a pedophile. You make dumb statements like this all the time and no one calls you it because you are generally on ignore with everyone.

Crawl back under your bridge troll.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 03:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Like what Frank? Name one concrete thing that Pedo Joe will do to demonstrate his "true leadership" for the country Frank. Just one.,
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:09 am

https://i.imgur.com/RVFCImg.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:27 am

https://i.imgur.com/M7dV3Zh.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 05:22 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Like what Frank? Name one concrete thing that Pedo Joe will do to demonstrate his "true leadership" for the country Frank. Just one.,

Okay, McG...I'll name it one.

It is One.

Two will come afterwards.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 08:49 am

https://iili.io/FBOSCN.jpg
BillW

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 08:54 am
@Region Philbis,
Get hour hands out of your pants Rudi, your on camera, DUH!!!!!!!!!

Region Philbis wrote:

https://iili.io/FBOSCN.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 09:29 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Justice by definition is not revenge.

And I agree with you.

I just had a minor issue with it if anyone thought they could judge people’s motives by what they post here. Like, ‘this person just wants justice to be done’, but ‘this person is just being spiteful and wants revenge’.

Because that would take someone who both could read minds and weigh hearts. And there’s nobody like that here.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 10:19 am
Right at the moment, Trump, is taking a ride through a support crowd, apparently outside the White House.

Trump has no pride...and apparently, neither do his supporters.

Anyone who voted for Trump and felt good about that horrendous White House lawn "briefing" he gave yesterday...

...ought seriously to consider seeking hep for their mental health.

In fact, anyone who voted for him and saw that "briefing" who did not feel regret for his/her vote...ought to.
BillW

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 10:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
I agree with you completely Frank; however, I do feel tremendously sorry for every single one of them. They are relatives, friends and working acquaintances. I truly cannot understand how they could believe this way.

Unfortunately, it makes me also understand how the RumpReich became fact. It also tempers me in believing we may have become stable enough to handle this vexing occurrence from the past in that fully 50+% of the population rejected this Fuhrer.

This ride through the crowds is more exemplary of Mussolinis' downfall!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:00 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I agree with you completely Frank; however, I do feel tremendously sorry for every single one of them. They are relatives, friends and working acquaintances. I truly cannot understand how they could believe this way.

Unfortunately, it makes me understand how the RumpReich became fact. It also tempers me in believing we may have become stable enough to handle this vexing occurrence from the past in that fully 50+% of the population rejected this Fuhrer.,

I have the same concerns, Bill.

My brother and his wife are so into Trump...they have pictures of him in their house.

My two closest friends are both die-hard Trump fans...and MOST of my regular golfing partners are strong Trump fans. I work for county golf operations in one of the wealthiest, most conservative counties in America. Our work place is dominated by older, white males...99% of whom are strong Trump fans.

Obviously we do not talk politics often.

BillW

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
This is also not the end. The Republican party is now still playing dangerously with Democracy, unfortunately, I have been predicting this for years now:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/12/barack-obama-rips-donald-trump-republicans-dangerous-path-baseless-claims-election-fraud/

Obama Rips Republicans For Humoring Trump with Phony Election Fraud Claims

TRUMP'S UNDERMINING OUR DEMOCRACY
And His Fellow Republicans Are Even Worse

Barack Obama is ripping Donald Trump and Republicans for continuing to make baseless claims of a fraudulent election ... he says it's a very slippery slope.

The former president broke his silence on Trump's unfounded claims of voter fraud in an interview with "60 Minutes," telling Scott Pelley he's troubled by the large number of Republicans going along with Trump's claims and humoring him.

Obama says Republicans are not only trying to delegitimize president-elect Joe Biden and his incoming administration, but also democracy in general.

What's more, Obama says what Trump and the GOP are doing is putting America on "a dangerous path."

As you know, Trump is refusing to concede the election ... and Obama shares what he thinks is behind Trump's refusal to admit Biden won.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
There's an interesting opinion in The Guardian, by Laurence H Tribe (the Carl M Loeb University professor and professor of constitutional law emeritus at Harvard Law School):
Republicans are playing with fire. And we all risk getting burned
Quote:
The party is challenging the outcome of the election without any proof of fraud. Their degradation of democracy will reverberate for years to come

Imagine raiding Versailles with a herd of bulls. You probably won’t make it past the gates, and you certainly won’t wind up King of France, but you would irreparably trample the gardens and might well erode the foundation. That’s more or less how I view Donald Trump’s current assault on the election.

[.... ... ...]

Republicans have spent four years engaged in a kind of performance art to stroke the fragile ego of their “Dear Leader” and appease his base. This time around, Republican politicians dance on Trump’s command to secure control of the Senate in this January’s runoff elections and extend their majorities in 2022 and 2024. Maybe some Republicans feel stuck, unable to do anything but play along with Trump’s latest delusion and hope that the federal judiciary will be a bulwark against tyranny, saving them from themselves. It’s an uncomfortable position, but not unexpected in a party that, data shows, has taken a hard turn toward authoritarianism in recent years. (To Republicans bristling at the characterization: you know you’re tilting authoritarian when Turkey’s strongman recognizes the results of a US election before you do.)

[...]

Republicans might succeed in holding Trump’s base. They might confirm a few more judges and retain control of the Senate and successfully grift Magaphiles. But they’re playing with fire and we are all in extreme danger of getting burned.

History shows: “When politicians break democracy, they are wrong to think they control what comes next.”

You’d think the modern Republican party would have learned this lesson. After Obama’s election, the neo-conservatives sold their souls for tax cuts. They welcomed birthers and bigots into their big white tent. They expected Paul Ryan would take the Republican mantle. Instead they got Trump. Even the most repugnant Republicans hated him. After Trump denigrated Ted Cruz’s wife, the brave senator shot back, calling Trump a “sniveling coward” and vowing that he would not “go like a servile puppy dog” and support then-candidate Trump.

Fast forward to this week: Cruz rushed to the president’s defense after Don Jr publicly shamed “2024 GOP hopefuls” for failing to lick his father’s boots. Ask Ted whether he’s steering the party, or whether the party is steering him.

If Republicans are telling themselves that “this time it will be different,” that they now know how to harness the explosive cocktail of economic displacement and racial anxiety, they’re flat-out wrong.

[... ... ...]

When we begin to doubt that government does reflect and represent the people, we begin to doubt that it ever can.

Republicans are sowing those seeds of doubt. And if we allow them to germinate and grow, we’ll soon find thorny disunion where our manicured garden of democracy once bloomed. No, the gates won’t be overrun and yes, the Biden administration will take office on 20 January.

But we should all worry whether that will be enough. To Republican leaders: democracy needs your help to flourish. Please, put patriotism above party loyalty before it’s too late.
BillW

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:31 am

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61EE+iXn5dL._SX353_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:33 am
@BillW,
The times I’ve discovered that friends were enamored of Trump, it forever after altered my feelings toward them and the quality of our relationship.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how that schism was not inevitable.

To me, the kind of extreme mental compartmentalization it would take to maintain status quo is just plain living a lie.

I can’t just carry on as if I don’t know they are cheering a monster on.

If someone is truly personally offended and horrified by child separations or Trump’s inactivity leading to hundreds of thousands of deaths from Covid, or his close association with racist nationalists, or his nasty disrespect for women and Muslims and POC, or his pandering to murderous dictators...

How can that someone then not hold those accountable that support the leader who perpetrated and perpetuates these things?

I don’t get it. “We just choose to not talk about it” does not pass the smell test, to me.

If you support a powerful racist I think you have to share their stain.

Tell me I’m wrong.

BillW

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:52 am
@snood,
I come from one of the reddest of red states. I worked for, now retired, the Federal Government as a Civil Servant. Greater than 50% of my office was Republican, a big shop by the way.

In discussions I would remind them that the R's were against them. Then Trump came alone. I did mention that he hated them, how could they back him? Of course, it being a big shop, there were enough D's to associate with. But talk with R's became more and more difficult and it seemed the entire leadership was R's. D's can mix, R's have great difficulty.

So, I retired. Not totally because of the political difficulties, it was time even though I wanted 1-2 more years.
0 Replies