Let's fire Trump

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:44 am
@coldjoint,
[code]
coldjoint wrote:
From what I have seen the evidence of fraud speaks much louder.

Yeah, tell me about it!!!!

Trump Supporter Arrested For Requesting Absentee Ballot For Dead Mother
The president accuses Democrats of “voter fraud,” but one of his supporters became the first person in a Pennsylvania county charged with the crime in 30 years.
headshotBy Daniel Marans

President Donald Trump has a colorful imagination when it comes to the fictitious specter of “voter fraud.”

Although actual cases of people impersonating a registered voter in order to artificially alter vote totals are infinitesimally rare, Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that mail-in voting, which states have made more available this election cycle due to COVID-19, is a magnet for “fraud.”

But to the extent that “voter fraud” is a problem this year, Trump might want to take a closer look at his own supporters.

Robert R. Lynn, a registered Republican and Trump supporter in the battleground state of Pennsylvania, was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly requesting an absentee ballot for his mother, who died in 2015.

Lynn, 67, is a resident of Luzerne County, a largely white, working-class, political bellwether that Barack Obama won twice, but which swung hard for Trump in 2016. Lynn is being charged with voter fraud and forgery for faking his deceased mother’s signature on the absentee ballot request form.

County prosecutors have told local news outlets that it is the first case of alleged voter fraud in the county in three decades. County election authorities flagged the ballot request as suspicious in September, triggering the investigation that led to Lynn’s arrest. Lynn allegedly first denied the allegations to detectives, before admitting to the deed.

Lynn is due in court for a hearing on Nov. 5 ― two days after the election. The Republican, who posted $10,000 in bail, could face up to five years in prison and $25,000 in fines.

Lynn’s Facebook posts show that he is a fan of Trump’s and a bitter critic of Trump’s Democratic opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden.

In one January message, Lynn shared a homemade image of Trump’s campaign logo with the words, “Finally someone with balls.”

In July, Lynn shared a conservative meme about someone who agreed to their neighbor’s request to take down their Trump flag only to replace the flag with dozens of Trump yard signs instead.

And in a since-deleted post from September, Lynn called Biden’s town hall event in Moosic, Pennsylvania, “pathetic.”

Lynn even amplified conservative concerns about the chaos that Pennsylvania’s expanded mail-in voting options could cause, though he does not appear to have reiterated Trump’s claims of widespread fraud. Lynn shared a Wall Street Journal editorial from September warning that the crush of mail-in ballots could postpone the country’s election results and set up a costly, partisan court battle. “No surprise here, already happened in the PA primaries, this year, so strap on your hanging chads, folks!!” Lynn wrote in his post sharing the editorial.

Trump’s crusade against the phantom voter fraud phenomenon has on at least one occasion led him to encourage his supporters to test the system’s safeguards by engaging in the practice themselves. At a rally in North Carolina in September, he told supporters to mail in their ballots and then vote in person, “and if the system is as good as they say it is then obviously they won’t be able to vote” in person.

The Voter Project, a group working to expose Republican voter suppression efforts and dispel myths about voter fraud, blamed Trump for effectively encouraging voter fraud among his own supporters.

“Donald Trump has tried to spread chaos and disinformation about voter fraud for years and he’s never come up with any evidence,” Voter Project spokesperson Mike Mikus said in a statement. “A byproduct of his misinformation is that nearly every instance of voter fraud in recent years has been Trump’s own supporters because they believe his incessant lying.”
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:45 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
If it was a drinking game we'd all stay drunk.

I only post it in response to calls for Democrats to abuse their power.

You could stay just as drunk if you took a drink every time a leftist on a2k called for the Democrats to abuse their power.
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:46 am
@oralloy,
I can understand your inabilities in understanding. Its a common occurence among the deviance ring of discourse.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:48 am
@farmerman,
In this case my lack of understanding is due to the excessive vagueness of your post.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I'm curious. Do you know what an Overton window is?

I have not studied politics as much as I should, so, no, never heard of it.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:14 pm
@oralloy,
As a curiosity, I checked if any elected official proposed your idea.

At least one GOP congressman, Rep. Lou Gohmert of Texas, introduced a resolution to ban the Democrats and any other group that supported the Confederacy and slavery. The resolution died in September 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/congress-gohmert-confederate-democrats/2020/09/29/a821472a-0271-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html

On a related note, Gohmert contracted COVID-19 due to his refusal to wear a mask.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I have not studied politics as much as I should, so, no, never heard of it.

It refers to the range of ideas that are deemed acceptable by society. The window can be shifted by repeated advocation of an idea.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

That a new idea is ridiculed at first is normal. Continued voicing of the idea will shift the window in its direction.

So go ahead and ridicule the idea. Everything is all going according to plan.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
On a related note, Gohmert contracted COVID-19 due to his refusal to wear a mask.

Somewhat related. Covid 19 did not kill Gohmert. 99.8% recover.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:47 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Ok, I get cha. You want to outlaw the names.

Ok, I'm with that. We'll call the new Democratic party "Normal" and the new conservative party will now be known as "Freaky ass people who want to dominate the world by oppression, regression & subjugation." They'll call themselves FRASSes.

Quite a ring to it actually.
BillW

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Ok, I'm with that. We'll call the new Democratic party "Normal" and the new conservative party will now be known as "Freaky ass people who want to dominate the world by oppression, regression & subjugation." They'll call themselves FRASSes.

Insect dung, has a ring to it!
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:16 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Insect dung, has a ring to it!

Try cleaning your house, the ringing may stop.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:29 pm
@coldjoint,
What does the even mean?
BillW

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:48 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

What does the even mean?

She thinks that everybody else lives a decrepit life, the same as she does.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:51 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its a common occurence among the deviance ring of discourse.
I thought Id jut mention aspects of an Overton cycle. Apparently youve just visited A Google site eh?

Why am I not surprise.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I thought Id jut mention aspects of an Overton cycle.

Oh, so you've heard of it. Then you know what I'm doing.

farmerman wrote:
Apparently youve just visited A Google site eh?

No.

farmerman wrote:
Why am I not surprise.

Beats me. You appear to be suffering from some kind of delusion about Google sites.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 01:23 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Its a common occurence among the deviance ring of discourse.
I thought Id jut mention aspects of an Overton cycle. Apparently youve just visited A Google site eh?

Why am I not surprise.

Why have you become so bitter?
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 02:53 pm
@McGentrix,
when people dont recognize thhat trump lost fair and square. Im really disappointed at the dense logic that spokesmen for Trump use. I cant believe they are this obtuse.

TRump is playing just like a petulant child.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 03:38 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

when people dont recognize thhat trump lost fair and square. Im really disappointed at the dense logic that spokesmen for Trump use. I cant believe they are this obtuse.

TRump is playing just like a petulant child.

Petulant children have legal rights too. What are you people worried about? You should have no problem if the election was fair and square.
snood

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 03:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Hey! Did you get to drink your fill of liberal tears?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 03:48 pm
@coldjoint,
Oh, dont get me wrong, I endorse all th reounts an QA's. It just seems that Trump is purposely stalling the transition by making **** up that seems to be wasting the courts time. That, plus his highly evidenced lies can be viewed by anyone. It just seems that "His Base" denies all fact.