Let's fire Trump

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:23 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Republicans should really take steps to break up companies like Facebook and Twitter.

This was always my biggest criticism of Trump. For all his huff and puff, he should've taken direct actions against these companies.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:23 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Republicans will solidly control both houses of Congress after the 2022 election.

The day will come when the Republicans will control both the White House and Congress.

Dream on...........
oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:25 pm
@BillRM,
It's hardly a dream. The Republicans are already close to controlling both houses of Congress. And the party out of power always makes big gains in off year elections.

The next time the Republicans take the White House, they will already have solid control over Congress. And Mr. Trump may retake the White House as soon as 2024.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:29 pm
@BillRM,
CNN/Allpolitics wrote:
It was the Dade vote counters, however, who provoked the Republican machine. Seemingly oblivious to G.O.P. anger over the Florida Supreme Court ruling to allow manual recounts, the canvassing board tried an end run around the court's Sunday deadline by deciding to recount only some 11,000 of Dade's 654,000 ballots. Those disputed ballots, most of which did not register presidential votes in the machines, were thought to favor Gore. Worse, the board moved into a smaller room that cut off public observation.

They selectively recounted only those precincts that were heavily Democratic, not counting any precincts where their recount might also turn up Bush votes.

That's cheating.
BillRM

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:48 pm
@oralloy,
Yes the very best way of handling someone doing some political actions you do not care for is to whistle up a mob an only after that used courts and lawyers with the clock already ran out.

This is surely the best way to handle a matter with special note of when the state courts had side with your enemies.
oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:55 pm
@BillRM,
It worked. It stopped Al Gore from stealing the election.

I think the Republicans were using courts and lawyers all along through the Florida recount.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 08:07 am

Major Networks Cut Away From Trump’s Baseless Fraud Claims

The three big broadcast networks — ABC, CBS and NBC — cut away from Trump’s news conference at
the White House on Thursday as the president lobbed false claims about the integrity of the election.

“We have to interrupt here, because the president made a number of false statements, including the
notion that there has been fraudulent voting,” said Lester Holt, the “NBC Nightly News” anchor. He
added, “There has been no evidence of that.”

On ABC, the anchor David Muir broke in and told viewers “there’s a lot to unpack here and fact-check.”
The CBS correspondent Nancy Cordes spent about 90 seconds ticking through several of Trump’s
baseless statements...
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 09:29 am
@Region Philbis,
only an xperience cheater would know> Dems dont have the experiencethat Trump's demo'd
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 09:31 am
@oralloy,
I think Trump wont find as easy a target as BUSH did. All the evidence of disenfranchisement and voter suppression has been on the GOP side.

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 09:33 am
@farmerman,
The Democrats are the only party with a history of disenfranchising people. Note the 2008 Michigan presidential primary.

The only votes that the Republicans try to suppress are ones that are illegally cast.
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 10:03 am
@oralloy,
youre gifted only with a selective memory, most of which is BS.

What was the Postmaster Gen trying to do?

whatabout disenfranchisement in several states and among folks of color. In 2008 election the Chester Co (Pa) GOP had switched the voting place for all of Lincoln University (a historically Black University) trying to disenfranchise the voters. (They got caught)

The GOP speaker at that time made a comment that they were attempting to gerrymander the state in order to benefit the GOP. (Thats not whats in the state constitutions)

in 2018 the GOP dropped several parcels of Philly votes from the primary in a series of black neighborhoods.

Please dont lecture me on voter morality , youll lose.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 11:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
youre gifted only with a selective memory, most of which is BS.

You cannot point out any errors in my recollection.

farmerman wrote:
What was the Postmaster Gen trying to do?

Modernize the postal service?

farmerman wrote:
whatabout disenfranchisement in several states and among folks of color.

Fiction.

And hypocritical fiction at that.

farmerman wrote:
In 2008 election the Chester Co (Pa) GOP had switched the voting place for all of Lincoln University (a historically Black University) trying to disenfranchise the voters. (They got caught)

How does that disenfranchise anyone?

farmerman wrote:
The GOP speaker at that time made a comment that they were attempting to gerrymander the state in order to benefit the GOP. (Thats not whats in the state constitutions)

Gerrymandering is not disenfranchisement.

And the Democrats do it just as much as the Republicans do.

farmerman wrote:
in 2018 the GOP dropped several parcels of Philly votes from the primary in a series of black neighborhoods.

I'm unsure what you mean.

farmerman wrote:
Please dont lecture me on voter morality, youll lose.

I'll do just fine.
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 04:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

You cannot point out any errors in my recollection

Ive done it o many times its gotten that youve turned it into a form of sea lioning.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 04:54 pm

https://i.imgur.com/dcnK5Wh.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 06:57 pm

https://i.imgur.com/4uTY96i.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:14 pm

https://i.imgur.com/qOQ4JoN.jpg
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:24 pm
@Region Philbis,
My heart felt question is Trump going to sign his own pardon with the hope that the courts will allow it?
BillW

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

My heart felt question is Trump going to sign his own pardon with the hope that the courts will allow it?

This action has certainly never been tested, but, here is a logic argument against the President pardoning himself:

Quote:
A self-pardon by the president is incompatible with the provision of Article II, Section 3 that “he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” and the provision of Article II, Section 1 that “executive power shall be vested in a President.” (Professors Jed Shugarman and Ethan Leib have presented a different argument regarding self-pardons and the Take Care Clause, available here.)

When a president pardons another person for a federal crime, he is in fact executing the law—the law of the Constitution’s pardon power—despite the fact that he is relieving that person from the execution of the federal penal code. But when the president pardons himself, he assumes a power that is incompatible with, rather than a supplement to, the application of the federal criminal law. That is because as chief law enforcement officer, he could put himself beyond the applicable law simply by withholding his consent to his prosecution by the department he controls while he is president—and then assure himself that he could not be convicted after his term ended—or after impeachment—because he could pardon himself prospectively. Thus the law could not, in the face of such a pardon, be “faithfully” executed, because the pardon itself might be an expression of chicanery and subterfuge—in short, of bad faith. In such circumstances, the pardon is granted not to temper the criminal law or to reconcile political dissidents, as envisioned by the Framers—see, for example, Federalist 74 and remarks by Edmund Randolph at the Philadelphia Convention—but to execute an intrigue by which the law is thwarted. The self-pardon might even then amount to an element of the crime for which he is pardoned.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/self-pardons-president-cant-pardon-himself-so-why-do-people-think-he-can
BillW

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:45 pm
@BillW,
It is believed theRump may walk out of the White House if he has an unlimited pardon in hand, he may even require a pardon from New York and other states.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 08:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You cannot point out any errors in my recollection.

Ive done it o many times its gotten that youve turned it into a form of sea lioning.

You're a liar and a phony. You cannot provide any examples of you ever pointing out an error in my recollection.
0 Replies