Let's fire Trump

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:40 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
All it takes is a vote in the House, a vote in the Senate, and the signature of the President.

No, that's not how any of this works. Your refusal to see that is a failure on your part.
oralloy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:50 pm
@neptuneblue,
That is incorrect. That is exactly how laws are passed.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 10:14 pm
@oralloy,
That might be how laws are passed, but what you're proposing is making it illegal to belong to a political party, which is fundamentally disallowed by the 1st and 14th Amendment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/amendment-1/political-association
oralloy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 10:20 pm
@neptuneblue,
I do not agree that outlawing the Democratic Party is prohibited by the First Amendment, by the Fourteenth Amendment, or by any other part of the Constitution.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 10:22 pm
@oralloy,
Of course.
BillW

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:26 am
@neptuneblue,
Now that is real stupity!
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:27 am
@neptuneblue,
From the National Constitution Center, (in simple form so Ollie-go-lightly can unerstand that the US Constitution is what th US presidents swear to uphold, not change)

Quote:
A current public debate started by a retired Supreme Court Justice has people talking about possibly repealing one of the Constitution’s original 10 amendments. In reality, the odds of such an act happening are extremely long.

Justice John Paul Stevens’ Tuesday op-ed in the New York Times called for a repeal of the Second Amendment, which guarantees “a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Stevens didn’t offer an alternative to the Second Amendment in his Times piece, but in his 2014 book, the Justice wanted the amendment rewritten to only pertain to state militias.

Changing the actual words of the Constitution does take an amendment, as does actually deleting, or repealing, an amendment. Including the first 10 amendments, the Bill of Rights, which were ratified in 1789, the Senate historian estimates that approximately 11,699 amendment changes have been proposed in Congress through 2016. Only one amendment, the 18th Amendment that established Prohibition, was later repealed by the states.

In simple odds, the chance of any constitutional amendment being repealed would be roughly the same as a person living to 80 years old being struck by lightning during their lifetime, according to National Weather Service data. And for the Second Amendment, which was rooted in the English Declaration of Rights a century before the Bill of Rights was ratified, the odds would likely be steeper.

In recent years, three other amendments have been subject of repeal talk: the 17th Amendment (the direct election of Senators), the 16th Amendment (the federal income tax), and the 22nd Amendment (presidential term limits). None of that talk came close to fruition.

The Constitution’s Article V requires that an amendment be proposed by two-thirds of the House and Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. It is up to the states to approve a new amendment, with three-quarters of the states voting to ratifying it.

The one instance of an amendment appeal, the 21st Amendment, shows how this unusual process works. The 18th Amendment ratified in 1919 prohibited “the manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors” nationwide under most circumstances. By the early 1930s, Prohibition had become unpopular and Congress passed the 21st Amendment, with its repeal provision, in February 1933 just before Franklin Roosevelt became President. The amendment proposed for ratification included language never used before but permitted under Article V: state conventions (and not state legislatures) would be called for ratification votes, out of fear the temperance lobby would influence state lawmakers.

EXPLICIT and inclusive as a right within the first Amendment is the "RIGHT OF FREE ASSEMBLY", which has , by inclusion , identified political parties. In the occasion of such a riotous ACT of PPresidential "Off the Rails action" as naively proposed by ollie, refer to the process above.

When Stevens was trying to change the 2nd Amendment its what he ran into. The ratios and percentages of the requirements goes way up past passing a mere law. e are dealing with the Constitution, not some proposed tax package.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:34 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Now that is real stupity!

Not at all. You and Farmerman are the only people here with low IQs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
in simple form so Ollie-go-lightly can unerstand

You and BillW are the only ones here who aren't capable of understanding complex ideas.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:58 am
@BillW,
Welcome to the Ollie -go-lightly, "I hate the following people so much I will rescind their qualifications by virtue of claiming some piece of BULLSHIT about em.

Like Dr Fauuci said the other night when asked whether Trumps censorious verbal abuse and claims of incompetency "made his wok more difficult"

nO, HE SAID,WE WEAR HIS COMMENTS LIKE A BADGE OF HONOR. Course Ollie aint important enough to warrant a Full-frontal-Fauci, but if he were, I dont think anyone need worry about our careers and communities.
Ollie is just a sadd little gamer who attempts to yell at adults using silly childish innuendo.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 02:04 am
@farmerman,
That you have low IQs is no innuendo and no BS. You two are incapable of making intelligent arguments.

Responding to your lies about me by telling the truth about you is hardly hate. Perhaps it's contempt.

You are not even close to acting like an adult. Then again you are a perpetual phony so what's one more untrue claim?
BillW

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 02:08 am
@oralloy,
I'm rubber and you are glue. Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you! Nanny-nanny poo-poo.............

Now, you've had your warm milk, here is your blankee - go to beddy bye!

No kissies, you've been a very bad boy tonight.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 02:09 am
@BillW,
That you are incapable of saying anything intelligent is clear to everyone.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 07:07 am

‘Please like me,’ Trump begged.
For many women, it’s way too late...

In 2016, the suburbs powered Trump’s victory, with exit polls showing that he won
those areas by four points. Now, polling in swing states shows the president losing
those voters by historic margins, fueled by a record-breaking gender gap. Biden
leads by 23 points among suburban women in battleground states, according
to recent polling by The New York Times and Siena College. Among men, the race is
tied...

if you haven't already done so... #VoteBidenHarris2020

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 07:35 am
@Region Philbis,
Fake news regarding the alleged begging.

And if the Democrats wanted my vote, they shouldn't have disenfranchised Michigan in 2008.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2020 09:32 am
@oralloy,
what do you see as the differences twixt hate and contempt.?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2020 06:14 am

https://i.imgur.com/NJR4Q9j.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2020 06:34 am
Hey somebody,
‘Splain to me how his campaign is broke, when he is supposed to be so wealthy, and has bragged about how he could “self-finance” his campaigns if he wanted to?
If he’s saving it for a rainy day, somebody better tell him it’s freaking raining.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 02:59 am

https://i.imgur.com/6mip4Qs.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 10:37 am

takin' out the trash Laughing

Quote:
Madame Tussauds in Berlin dumps Trump before U.S. election

The waxwork museum Madame Tussauds in Berlin loaded its effigy of TV star-turned Republican president Donald Trump into a dumpster on Friday, a move apparently intended to reflect its expectations of next Tuesday's presidential election.

In what seemed a further calculated insult, the statue of his predecessor and nemesis Barack Obama, who counted Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel among his closest allies, remained in place, beaming and besuited.
(reuters)

https://iili.io/3vKN3P.jpg