Anthony Fauci is a true American Hero

oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
It is NOT possible for it to be real and for it to be a hoax.

"Hoax" refers to the Democratic attacks against Mr. Trump, not to the fact of the virus.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:27 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

"Hoax" refers to the Democratic attacks against Mr. Trump, not to the fact of the virus.

Ok, can you read the definition of the word "hoax" again.

And, your argument would be especially stupid if there were Republican attacks against Obama (let's say during the Benghazi crisis or the financial crisis). That would rank of partisan hypocrisy if conservatives attacked Obama and then prohibit attacks on Trump.

This belief that we should never criticize the Dear Leader seems to have started less then 4 yours ago.

oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:31 pm
@maxdancona,
I wasn't making an argument. I was attempting to clarify this seemingly perpetual misunderstanding of what Coldjoint is saying.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:39 pm
@oralloy,
In what way are "Democratic Attacks" a "hoax"? Either the virus is real or it isn't.

Were Republican attacks on Obama a "hoax"?

coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In what way are "Democratic Attacks" a "hoax"? Either the virus is real or it isn't.

You are under the impression that people have to agree with your interpretation of what has been said. The virus can be separated from the attacks using the virus as a political weapon. It has been explained to you a couple of times, not much else to say.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:18 pm
@coldjoint,
In this election you are going to see Trump's own words used against him as a a "weapon". I think that is only fair. This election will be a referendum on Trump's leadership.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:22 pm
@maxdancona,
The election is also going to be a referendum on the Democratic challenger.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This election will be a referendum on Trump's leadership.

Well, it would not be about Democratic leadership ( not there) but their record in the House will be discussed.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The election is also going to be a referendum on the Democratic challenger.

I don't think so. I think this election will be focused on Trump as the incumbent. It is funny to me that Trump supporters are so afraid of this. In 2012 I was happy to have the election focused on Obama as the incumbent.

We will see what happens over the next few months.

oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:51 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I think this election will be focused on Trump as the incumbent.

The record of the Democratic challenger will be a major focus in the election.

maxdancona wrote:
It is funny to me that Trump supporters are so afraid of this.

What makes you think that we are afraid of Mr. Trump's record?

maxdancona wrote:
In 2012 I was happy to have the election focused on Obama as the incumbent.

In 2012 the Democrats fought hard to ensure that the election was a referendum on Mitt Romney.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:52 pm
Gupta stunned by Trump-Fauci difference at briefing.

President Trump made false claims about possible treatments for the coronavirus, and expert
Dr. Anthony Fauci had to tamp down optimism about the treatments at a press conference.

Published March 20, 2020

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 07:32 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This is a thread about Anthony Fauci.

In a time of crisis we need a real leader, who
1) Tells Americans the truth
2) Has authority and real expertise.
2) Lays out the facts simply without regard to politics or personal interest.
3) Provides information on how people should react.

Anthony Fauci is providing that leadership. He is in a difficult job and he is doing it very well.

Who does he work for?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 10:27 am
@McGentrix,
The American people, right?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:47 am
@maxdancona,
Nah, he works for Trump. Just like you guys like to use what other people that work for Trump says against him, you should equally use people what people like Fauci says for him.
engineer

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:24 pm
@McGentrix,
It's the mark of a good leader to surround yourself with knowledgeable people and listen to what they say. What hurts the President here is that he is routinely contradicting what his experts are saying. That said, I am glad Fauci is working for Trump and that Trump has not been vindictive about Fauci's being honest with the public.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:24 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix, what you are suggesting is that Trump is a dictator with no responsibility for the good of the American public. Trump appointed Fauci to the White House task force. This is something good that Trump did.

Howevewr Fauci is a doctor, and he is in an extremely important position right now. We, the American People need a strong, stable medical expert who will tell us the truth in a way that we can understand.

I want Fauci to do his job in the best way to serve the American people. Do you really disagree with this?

oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 11:06 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
McGentrix, what you are suggesting is that Trump is a dictator with no responsibility for the good of the American public.

That not what he is suggesting. The way the Constitution works is, the President works for the American people. Everyone else in the executive branch works for the President.

The fact that everyone else in the executive branch works for the President does not change the fact that the President works for the American people.

Also, the President is not a dictator. He is required to comply with and enforce the laws that are passed by Congress, as those laws are interpreted by the federal courts. That effectively means that he has to comply with and enforce all court orders. If he does not do so, Congress can impeach him and remove him from office.

The President also has no source of funding other than the money that Congress appropriates for him. No dictator faces such a limitation.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 11:10 am
@oralloy,
We are literally facing a million or more American Deaths. Fauci is the expert who can face this in a scientifically responsible way. Trump is dithering, and cares more about Easter than he does about saving lives from the virus (that I still don't think he is taking seriously).

Do you want to listen to Fauci or do you want to listen to Trump?

I feel that Fauci has a duty to the American public that is far greater than his need to make our president feel good about himself. He is a top expert on communicable diseases, and he is the guy we need in charge right now. Trump has taken an oath, and has a sworn duty to protect the American public. It doesn't seem like his oath matters, but it is there.

The needs of the public are more important than the needs of this president.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 11:23 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

They are on the same team and we can listen to both of them. I posted an article where Fauci said the MSM has to stop pitting him against Trump. He is smart enough to know the MSM wants Trump gone. He has decided he is not going to help.
oralloy

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I listen to me. I'm not breaking my self-imposed quarantine until I run out of food no matter what either one of them say.
0 Replies