oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:29 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This is a thread about Anthony Fauci.

In a time of crisis we need a real leader, who
1) Tells Americans the truth
2) Has authority and real expertise.
2) Lays out the facts simply without regard to politics or personal interest.
3) Provides information on how people should react.

Anthony Fauci is providing that leadership. He is in a difficult job and he is doing it very well.

Others are leading too.

Strangely competent Mike Pence finds his 9/11 moment in coronavirus crisis
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/21/mike-pence-coronavirus-crisis
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:40 am
@oralloy,
Someone already posted the Guardian Article. It can easily be read as an indictment of the chaotic ladership of Trump and a "thank gooness we got a grownup in the midst"

Couldnt you read it that way ??
A bit of neat oped composed to service all biases. ne?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
When your butt's getting verbally kicked (Like it is), you should just STFU and maybe itll go away

You should know all about that, but I do not see it. I see Max pulling his usual bullshit trying to put words in others mouths.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:07 am
@coldjoint,
I think Max is making a valid point. But, maybe you could explain this to him.

How can something be a "political hoax" and a "real virus" at the same time? If you are calling it "fake news"... then you are saying that it is fake.

You can't have it both ways, Coldjoint. (Truthfully, I am happy that you accept that this is real. Welcome to reality.)

coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:11 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
How can something be a "political hoax" and a "real virus" at the same time?

What the Hell are you talking about? Trump never said it was a hoax. You are perpetuating a lie. Not that it is anything new for you.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:18 am
@coldjoint,

This is a political ad that writes itself. All you have to do is play Trump's own words.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:25 am
@coldjoint,
sometimes we ignore facts if we dont wish to believe them. I think you owe max an apology for calling him a liar.

coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think you owe max an apology for calling him a liar.

He said Trump called the virus a political hoax. That is a lie. Max owes everyone an apology. The video with the parade of Trump haters means ****.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:37 am
@coldjoint,
OK, I just checked. What Trump said is that it is "The Democrat's latest hoax".

I deeply and ever so sincerely apologize to everyone.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:47 am
@coldjoint,
sorry pinky.. Plump owns the statement, by merely claiming someone else is doing it is like a political statement outta Lil Abner.

"I aint gonna tell no lies like my crooked opponent here"

ARe you that fuckin dumb or do you just play a dummy on A2K?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
"The Democrat's latest hoax".

That does not mean the virus is a hoax. It means the Democrats have weaponized the virus that has very little, if anything, to do with politics.

Farmerman thinks you are right what else could you possibly wish for? Laughing Laughing Laughing

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:13 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

That does not mean the virus is a hoax. It means the Democrats have weaponized the virus that has very little, if anything, to do with politics
It means that he says it was a hoax by the Dems. CAN YOU EVEN READ ENGLISH? cmon Im losing faith in you "super geniuses"
coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
It means that he says it was a hoax by the Dems.

It might for you, but I have no idea who that is going to convince.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 02:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
It might for you, but I have no idea who that is going to convince.

Obviously not you with your head comfortably up your ass where I believe you can neither see nor hear.ISnt that right??
coldjoint

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 02:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Obviously not you

That is pretty much a gimme. You might know all about rocks but you know very little about politics and the motives behind it.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 03:54 pm
@coldjoint,
I know enough to know that youre just fulla hot gas and I also know that my vote cancels yours
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 04:14 pm
@farmerman,
Thank you for doing that Farmerman. That means my vote counts!
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 04:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Ill block, you get in and vote often.

The HOAX speech I referred to was Feb 28 in which Trump also said that wed lost NOONE to coronavirus.
Then he went on and did his normal Snidely Whiplash imitation claiming how fuckin in front of this pandemic HE WAS .

Today, I heard how HE came up with the list of how many indutries are pitching in now to help. Im glad that it may lead us down the path to where China has gotten a better handles and control of the rates of infection. SO far Im still a bit scared that we are on the ascending log scale with the increasing slope. Not a good place to be when were the host species.

One thing I think the major news shoulda been on (I can understand why FOX didnt speak up), but when we knew it was a zoonotic epidemic in China, why the hell didnt they make a louer noise of this. Thats why we are on a hard to get to point on infection rate control. (ALL these epidemics are handleable by just a few days worth of infection quarantine and control). Its like taking a penny and doubling it each day, by the time you get to day 35, we are talking about some compounding.

Thats why Fauci is the hero. It was his team who devised a schema for control of HIV /AIDS to become a chronic not acute infection. Thats why GW Bush gave him the Presidents Medal of Freedom.

Damn, I hate saying this but Pence speaks almost like Reagan. Why the hell doesnt Trump just STFU and let Pence run it.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
How can something be a "political hoax" and a "real virus" at the same time? If you are calling it "fake news"... then you are saying that it is fake.
You can't have it both ways, Coldjoint.

Again, it is possible for COVID-19 to be real AND for leftists to try to abuse the situation as a weapon against people who disagree with them.

maxdancona wrote:
Truthfully, I am happy that you accept that this is real. Welcome to reality.

Coldjoint has been here in reality all along. What has changed is that you have finally realized that he is here in reality.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Again, it is possible for COVID-19 to be real AND for leftists to try to abuse the situation as a weapon against people who disagree with them.

It is NOT possible for it to be real and for it to be a hoax.