9
   

Anthony Fauci is a true American Hero

 
 
farmerman
 
  4  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 03:48 pm
@coldjoint,
why dont you respond honestly to posts. You seem to be only practicing "quote mining". ARe you gungasnakes wife?
coldjoint
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 04:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You seem to be only practicing "quote mining"

It could be I am responding to what I quoted honestly and you have forgotten what honest is.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 04:27 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjoint,

Have you noticed that Trump has changed his tune? Trump is now saying that this is a serious pandemic and a global crisis. Why do you think that is? I think someone sat Trump down and gave him the real facts, and he looked at the evidence and decided that this was a real crisis. I am glad that this happened?

What would it take to change your mind, Coldjoint? What evidence would you need to see for you to accept that the new coronavirus is a real epidemic?
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 04:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
why dont you respond honestly to posts.

He does respond honestly.


farmerman wrote:
You seem to be only practicing "quote mining".

What is quote mining?
0 Replies
 
coldjoint
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 07:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
What evidence would you need to see for you to accept that the new coronavirus is a real epidemic?

I never said it was not a pandemic. Stop asking loaded questions.
maxdancona
 
  3  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:19 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
The fearmongering Shiva sees by the Deep State is what counts


coldjoint wrote:
It is all about getting Trump out of office.


You are spinning the coronavirus as if it is a conspiracy theory by the "dep state". That implies that the corona virus threat isn't real.

Trump changed his mind from "it's a hoax" to "I knew it was real from the very beginning" in about a day. Someone sat him down and had a talk with him.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:32 pm
@maxdancona,
It is possible for COVID-19 to be real AND for leftists to try to abuse the situation as a weapon against people who disagree with them.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:42 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It is possible for COVID-19 to be real AND for leftists to try to abuse the situation as a weapon against people who disagree with them.


I get what you are saying Oralloy, but I don't think you have a point.

In a crisis, the president is supposed to lead. The president isn't supposed to be worried about what people are saying about him. The president isn't supposed to be getting into stupid political fights.

He is the president. He has the executive power. He has the bully pulpit. He is supposed to take responsibility and make things happen. Nothing anyone else says should matter.

The fact that Trump and his supporters are whining about "leftists" and "abuse" and "weapons" shows that Trump is not acting like a true leader.

If the crisis is real, then the rest is irrelevant. The "leftists" are not in the White House. The person who is needs to take the responsibility.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Criticizing the left for being horrible people is hardly whining.

If I condemn the left for being horrible people, that doesn't mean that Mr. Trump isn't leading our country in this crisis.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Criticizing the left for being horrible people is hardly whining.


In a time of crisis... YES! It is.

Trump is the president. It is his job to unify the country and to rally people together for the greatest good. That is literally Trump's job. He is failing to do it. Leadership is not about attacking your political enemies in a time of crisis.

Trump is the president, he has the title, the power and the pulpit of the president. The "left" is not in leadership. It is Trump's responsibility. It is Trump who is failing to do his job. If a "leftist" were in power, I would feel the same.
coldjoint
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 11:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
That implies that the corona virus threat isn't real.

To you it does, that does not change what I said. And I never said it was not a threat. Your batting 0.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 11:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Ok You admit that the coronovirus is a threat...

Do you accept Trump, as the president, has the unique responsibility to act as the leader of the country? What responsibility does Trump have?

Trump recently said "I don't take any responsibility..." I promise you that this quote will be played over and over again in the upcoming election. It is a great quote for the point that Biden wants to make.

You are going to claim that this quote is taken out of context, and yet this quote from Trump will stick. It represent the core problem of the Trump administration, he is always blaming other people rather than leading. The political ads will consist of Trump's own quotes... these ads basically write themselves.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 11:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
In a time of crisis... YES! It is.

No. The term "whining" has a specific meaning.

I look on progressives as a type of vermin, but I don't whine about them.


maxdancona wrote:
Trump is the president. It is his job to unify the country and to rally people together for the greatest good. That is literally Trump's job.

OK.


maxdancona wrote:
He is failing to do it.

I disagree. He looks like he is doing a pretty good job to me.


maxdancona wrote:
Leadership is not about attacking your political enemies in a time of crisis.

It's a good thing then that we don't have a progressive president right now.


maxdancona wrote:
Trump is the president, he has the title, the power and the pulpit of the president. The "left" is not in leadership. It is Trump's responsibility.

OK.


maxdancona wrote:
It is Trump who is failing to do his job.

I do not perceive any such failure.


maxdancona wrote:
If a "leftist" were in power, I would feel the same.

If a leftist were in power, you'd be witnessing actual failure.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:03 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You are going to claim that this quote is taken out of context, and yet this quote from Trump will stick.

I'm unfamiliar with the quote in question. Are saying that the Democrats will deliberately take quotes out of context?

Turnabout is fail play you know.


maxdancona wrote:
The political ads will consist of Trump's own quotes... these ads basically write themselves.

Do you think we'll see any political ads with video of Biden acting really creepy towards women?

https://grrrgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/joe_hunter_biden_cartoon-1024x709.jpg
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:33 am
@oralloy,
Doh!

That should have been: Turnabout is fair play you know.

I do things like that when I post when I'm tired.

I usually catch the errors in time to fix them though despite being tired.
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:02 am
@coldjoint,
When your butt's getting verbally kicked (Like it is), you should just STFU and maybe itll go away
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:03 am
@oralloy,
you too. Is your clock sufficiently cleaned??

maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:05 am
This is a thread about Anthony Fauci.

In a time of crisis we need a real leader, who
1) Tells Americans the truth
2) Has authority and real expertise.
2) Lays out the facts simply without regard to politics or personal interest.
3) Provides information on how people should react.

Anthony Fauci is providing that leadership. He is in a difficult job and he is doing it very well.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:26 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
When your butt's getting verbally kicked (Like it is),

I do not share your assessment of the debate.


farmerman wrote:
you should just STFU and maybe itll go away

I understand why you'd wish that people would stop posting facts. But perhaps it would be best if you just accepted reality.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you too. Is your clock sufficiently cleaned??

You apparently don't realize that "declaring that you've won an argument" is no substitute for actually providing facts and logic to back up your position.

Or maybe you do realize it, but it's the only thing that you can do since you have no way to defend the indefensible.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
GOP Empire Strikes Back - Discussion by parados
Government School Indoctrination - Discussion by H2O MAN
The Democrats will win again in 2016 - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Romney 2012? - Discussion by snood
Can Obama Lose? Will he be a one-term president? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Obama care 2014 - Discussion by wts
The 'I voted' thread! - Question by Cycloptichorn
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/28/2020 at 05:17:12