Trump, be a leader, not a blamer.

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:44 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Only the bad guys think that it's vicious of me to suggest that we should have a strong military to protect our nation from the bad guys.

No one is saying that at all.

Actually you've been throwing a tantrum because I suggested that we should have a strong military. And you did call me vicious.

glitterbag wrote:
That statement is not factual,

Sure it is. I accurately characterized your treason.

glitterbag wrote:
it's just your ego telling you that you alone can fight the righteous fight.

No. It is me pointing out your treason.

glitterbag wrote:
I'm just pointing out that out since you complain that no one ever points out your mistakes. Just trying to help out.

It's not a mistake for me to point out your treason. Traitors like you should be identified.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 06:01 am
FAUCI SAYS ALL STATES SHOULD ENFORCE CORONAVIRUS STAY-AT-HOME ORDERS AS TRUMP RESISTS ISSUING NATIONWIDE MANDATE
BY DANIEL VILLARREAL ON 4/3/20 AT 12:10 AM EDT

During a CNN interview Thursday evening, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and a prominent member of President Donald Trump's coronavirus task force, said he believes that all states should have stay at home orders in place to help stop the spread of coronavirus.

During the CNN segment, network anchorperson Anderson Cooper asked Dr. Fauci, "Knowing the science, does it make sense to you that some states are still not issuing stay at home orders?"

While asking the question, the screen showed a map of which U.S. states have yet to issue such orders. The states include Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

Cooper continued, "Whether there should be a federally mandated directive for that or not, I guess that's more of a political question, but just scientifically, doesn't everybody have to be on the same page with this stuff?"

"Yeah," Fauci responded, "I think so, Anderson. I don't understand why that's not happening."

Fauci said, "The tension between federally mandated versus states rights to do what they want is something I don't want to get into. But if you look at what's going on in this country, I just don't understand why we're not doing that. We really should be."

Newsweek has reached out to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) for additional information about the director's thoughts on the necessity of a federally mandated national stay at home order. NIAID didn't respond by the time of publication.

Fauci's view contrasts with Trump's statement at Wednesday's coronavirus briefing that he has no plans to issue a national stay at home order. Trump said he believed the decision should be left up to governors since the virus affects each state differently.

The 10 states without stay at home orders are all overseen by Republican governors. Despite that, some mayors of large cities within those states have issued stay at home orders for locals.

Lawrence Gostin, director of the O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University, told The Hill that southern and midwest states haven't issued the same social distancing measures as others, leaving non-essential businesses and public spaces open to general use.

"It's in those states that [Trump] has the most influence to encourage particular red-state governors to do a lockdown," Gostin said. "He could give them political cover to do it. He doesn't have legal power, but he has enormous influence, particularly in the South and the Midwest, to try to have a much more nationally uniform strategy rather than an utterly inconsistent patchwork across the country."

Dr. Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx, another physician on Trump's coronavirus task force, predicted that between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans could die from the coronavirus, even if citizens observe the federal government's current suggested social distancing guidelines. The federal guidelines issued so far include avoiding restaurants and bars, canceling unnecessary travel, working from home, avoiding gatherings of 10 or more people and staying six feet apart from others.
Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 07:20 am
@oralloy,
I point out your errors of fact all the time. Being delusional, you are incapable of understanding that. You have another glaring example when you call GB a traitor. That implies both that anyone who does not support your vision of continual expansion of the armed forces and the military industrial complex is treasonous, as though it were a fact that patriotic Americans would inevitably support such madness. Furthermore, you state, as though it were fact, that we must militarily support regimes of which you approve. Conservative Republicans in the late 1930s, and before December, 1941, would have called you the traitor, and had you said that at an America First rally, they would have beaten snot out you. Dwight Eisenhower, just about the most competent and effective Republican president the United States has ever had, warned the nation about the military industrial complex in his final State of the Union address. There is not a nation on earth which can threaten the United States militarily--other than the Russians, and them only with their nuclear arsenal. Of course, mutual assured destruction pretty well cancels that threat.

You are delusional, you lie constantly, and you are pathetic.
livinglava

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:19 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
There is not a nation on earth which can threaten the United States militarily--other than the Russians, and them only with their nuclear arsenal. Of course, mutual assured destruction pretty well cancels that threat.

And yet there are various kinds of proxy wars and terrorism; and lots of economic manipulation, including manipulation via the media, which is protected by the 1st amendment.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:53 am
@neptuneblue,
Its a bitch working for an evil narcissistic douche bag like Trump
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:37 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I point out your errors of fact all the time.

You cannot provide any examples of a post where you have ever pointed out an untrue statement on my part.

Setanta wrote:
Being delusional, you are incapable of understanding that.

Your inability to provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts shows that your accusations of delusion are untrue.

Setanta wrote:
implies both that anyone who does not support your vision of continual expansion of the armed forces and the military industrial complex is treasonous, as though it were a fact that patriotic Americans would inevitably support such madness.

Having a military that is capable of protecting our nation and our allies from the bad guys is hardly madness.

It is hard to see how merely maintaining the same size military is an expansion.

Setanta wrote:
Furthermore, you state, as though it were fact, that we must militarily support regimes of which you approve.

You cannot provide any examples of me saying anything even remotely like that.

Setanta wrote:
Dwight Eisenhower, just about the most competent and effective Republican president the United States has ever had,

I disagree. That clown was a menace. Probably the biggest example of Ike's deranged kookery was when he tried to stop our use of atomic bombs during WWII by claiming that Japan was already trying to surrender. But he kept up the nuttiness all throughout his later presidency.

Setanta wrote:
There is not a nation on earth which can threaten the United States militarily--other than the Russians, and them only with their nuclear arsenal. Of course, mutual assured destruction pretty well cancels that threat.

That is incorrect. China is rapidly building up their conventional forces, and will soon be a serious challenge to the US.

China also has enough nukes to do devastating damage to the US and our allies.

Setanta wrote:
You are delusional,

Your inability to provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts shows that your accusations of delusion are untrue.

Setanta wrote:
you lie constantly,

You cannot provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts.

Setanta wrote:
and you are pathetic.

It sure does bother you when I post facts.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:58 am
@oralloy,
Your so called facts are fox news opinions. You wouldent recognize a fact if it bit you on your ass.
livinglava

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It is hard to see how merely maintaining the same size military is an expansion.

Put it this way: if you wanted to build and man the exact same size nuclear arsenal at a fraction of the cost, you could just cut everyone's salary by a certain percentage. Then you would have the exact same size military at a fraction of the cost. The question would be how much morale would be lost as a result of the pay cut and whether patriotic feelings would be sufficient to overcome that.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:01 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You wouldent recognize a fact if it bit you on your ass.

I bet he has no problem recognizing a troll.
Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:04 am
@coldjoint,
Do you mean he knows you for what you are?
Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:07 am
@oralloy,
You keep whining about "the bad guys," but you don't identify them. Our "allies" can provide for their own defense. Our military is bloated beyond any claims of necessity. As usual, I routinely point out your errors; as usual, your delusion is such that you cannot, or merely will not, recognize that.
livinglava

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:13 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You keep whining about "the bad guys," but you don't identify them. Our "allies" can provide for their own defense. Our military is bloated beyond any claims of necessity. As usual, I routinely point out your errors; as usual, your delusion is such that you cannot, or merely will not, recognize that.

"The bad guys" remain unidentified and fluid for the most part in today's world. They show up in various forms, under certain national flags or religious/ideological labels. Sometimes there is terrorism and sometimes state violence or other types of strategic issues, such as nuclear developments, etc. etc.

No one really wants to just launch an all-out war against the US nowadays because of what happened at the end of WWII with fire bombings in Dresden, nuclear bombings in Hiroshima & Nagasaki, etc.

Gulf War 1 also involved a massive quantity of firepower, supposedly equivalent to a nuclear strike but more surgically directed and thus more damaging to property instead of just frying a single large blast radius.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:13 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

That is pretty lame, even for you. Remember you were not wasting time on me. Try to back up what you say for a change.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:34 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Our "allies" can provide for their own defense.

Just Israel. The others are dependent on our money, troops, and weapons.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 03:31 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You keep whining about "the bad guys," but you don't identify them.

Wrong. I am hardly whining.

And wrong again. I have identified the Chinese government/military as a threat to our nation several times already in this thread.

That's two errors in a single sentence for you, and still zero errors in the entire thread for me.

In addition to the military and government of China, we can throw in the military and government of Russia, North Korea, and Iran.

Setanta wrote:
Our "allies" can provide for their own defense. Our military is bloated beyond any claims of necessity.

If we did not provide protection to the parts of the world that are friendly to freedom and democracy, many of those places would out of necessity become less friendly to us and more friendly to whatever evil tyranny they needed to suck up to in order to avoid being conquered. The world would be a lot less friendly if we did not project power around the world.

Setanta wrote:
As usual, I routinely point out your errors;

You cannot provide any examples of a post where you have ever pointed out an untrue statement on my part.

Setanta wrote:
as usual, your delusion is such that you cannot, or merely will not, recognize that.

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 03:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Coldjoint is not a troll. He merely points out facts and reality. Some people don't like that he does this.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 03:44 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Your so called facts are fox news opinions.

I realize that you find facts highly inconvenient, but no. Facts are not opinions.

Why do progressives always babble about Fox news whenever they lose an argument?

RABEL222 wrote:
You wouldent recognize a fact if it bit you on your ass.

Just like Setanta, you cannot provide any examples of anything untrue in my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 03:45 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Put it this way: if you wanted to build and man the exact same size nuclear arsenal at a fraction of the cost, you could just cut everyone's salary by a certain percentage. Then you would have the exact same size military at a fraction of the cost. The question would be how much morale would be lost as a result of the pay cut and whether patriotic feelings would be sufficient to overcome that.

Maybe, but I don't want to cut their pay. I'm not trying to cut military costs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 04:34 pm
@oralloy,
Tediously, I point out your statement of opinions as though they were facts routinely. China is not a military threat to the United States. Neither China nor Russia can threaten us in any realm other than thermonuclear exchange, when mutual assured destruction sets in. They are no more likely to court destruction than we are. In any event, bloated military expenditures like the F35 boondoggle do not protect us from that. The revolving door between the military-industrial complex and the military officer corps does not protect us from that. North Korea is no threat to us, and Kim made of fool of the fat boy in the White House, and looks eager to do so again. Iran is not threat to us, although it certainly is a threat to energy industry greedy pigs who make a lot of money from imported oil. Saudi Arabia has jerked the carpet from under that thread. Really, all you have is paranoid fantasies which are not in reality there. Saudi Arabia is not friendly to freedom and democracy. That thug Duterte in the Philippines is not friend of Freedom and democracy. Kovind in India is no friend of freedom and democracy and the BJP is rapidly crushing all opposition parties. Oh . . . wait . . . that's right, you approve of fascistic operations like that. I have pointed out that you are lying when you call GB a traitor. I have pointed out in the past that you are wrong about the cause of the first crusade--you originally claimed it was to prevent an invasion of Europe, which is a lie. I pointed out that you were lying when you claimed the USAAF did not firebomb Dresden, and provided links to the USAF historical division to show that you were lying. Ypu then lied about your original statement, claiming that the USAAF was not responsible for the firestorm. So I again linked the USAF web site, and highlighted the statement there that the American firebombing restarted the fire storm, causing considerable additional damage.

You are ignorant, you are dishonest, you are delusional, and you are a waste of everyone's time at this web site.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 06:37 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You are ignorant, you are dishonest, you are delusional, and you are a waste of everyone's time at this web site.

You just wasted your time there. No one has to share your world view. Not that it is worth a ****.
0 Replies