Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:30 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
What a crock.

Really? Do you have the virus?
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:44 am
@coldjoint,
Not yet. Ohio has been closed down for ten days. Apparently our governor is more proactive and ready than our president is.

Go figure...
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:46 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Not yet.

You hoping to get sick to teach Trump a lesson? Good luck with that.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:48 am
@coldjoint,
I don't want any one sick. To infer I hope for that shows your pettiness.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:52 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
To infer I hope for that shows your pettiness.

No it does not, it was a legitimate response to a stupid post.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:56 am
@coldjoint,
When you throw out insults, it a reflection of a substandard thought process.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:00 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
When you throw out insults

I insulted the post, not you.
Quote:
it a reflection of a substandard thought process.

Really? You had better tell Blatham.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Although that link comes up as unfindable, I believe I found the article here (maybe it was the period at the end):

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/trump-says-the-coronavirus-is-the-democrats-new-hoax.html

The article is titled: "Trump says the coronavirus is the Democrats’ ‘new hoax’"

However, if you look in the article for an actual quotation to him saying that, all you find is this:

President Donald Trump said Friday that Democrats are using the virulent coronavirus as a “hoax” to damage him and his administration.

“The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” he said from a campaign rally in North Charleston, South Carolina.

This is not Trump saying that the virus itself is a hoax. This is Trump saying that the Democrats are using it to damage him. In the first of the two sentences, only the single word "hoax" is a quotation. I insist that you support your contention by providing a link which shows Trump's words claiming the virus itself is a hoax and not that Democratic statements about it are a hoax, and if you refuse, I promise that I will keep asking.

Hey, goldberg, where are you? You claimed this was a link to Trump saying that the coronavirus is a hoax. It isn't. Provide such a link, or apologize for the false accusation, and the next time, read more than the title of the article before posting it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:25 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, your partisan spin doesn't make sense.

Your own quote has Trump calling the corona virus a hoax.

The word "hoax" means that it is a deception, either a lie or an exaggeration. The only way that the democrat's response to the Trump is a "hoax" is if their statements about the corona virus is either a lie or an exaggeration.

You are spinning wildly, but you have failed to explain in what way the Democrat's reaction to the corona virus is a deception or an exaggeration without referring to the virus itself.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:52 pm
@maxdancona,
This comes from a lack of reading comprehension which most conservatives suffer from and some red dog democrats also.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 06:00 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
This comes from a lack of reading comprehension

Finally, something you actually know something about.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are spinning wildly, but you have failed to explain in what way the Democrat's reaction to the corona virus is a deception or an exaggeration without referring to the virus itself.

You make it sound more like a hoax when you say he "failed to explain . . ."

You sound like a liar who defends himself or herself by saying, "you can't prove I'm lying."

I don't have an opinion either way about whether it's a hoax or how, but I pay attention to how stories are narrated, including how your post sounded, and yours definitely makes it sound like it's a hoax even if it isn't.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 11:58 pm
@Brandon9000,
I have been reading some novels written by D H Lawrence, who's a British novelist. So I won't be visiting here in the next few days. You could read the Wall Street Journal's Opinion Page, which is chock-a-block with articles that sing the praises of Trump.

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 01:21 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
I have been reading some novels written by D H Lawrence, who's a British novelist. So I won't be visiting here in the next few days. You could read the Wall Street Journal's Opinion Page, which is chock-a-block with articles that sing the praises of Trump.

So, you cannot provide any evidence that Trump made the statement you claim, but lack the integrity to say that you're sorry for the false, defamatory statement.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 01:24 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Brandon, your partisan spin doesn't make sense.

Your own quote has Trump calling the corona virus a hoax.

The word "hoax" means that it is a deception, either a lie or an exaggeration. The only way that the democrat's response to the Trump is a "hoax" is if their statements about the corona virus is either a lie or an exaggeration.

In the article it says:

President Donald Trump said Friday that Democrats are using the virulent coronavirus as a “hoax” to damage him and his administration.

Note that only the word "hoax" is in quotation marks. I defy you to link in the actual statement by Trump in which he calls the virus itself a hoax.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 01:32 pm
@Brandon9000,
Here is the exact quote in context (emphasis added by me). He is without question calling the "hysteria" over the corona virus a "hoax". He goes on to compare it to the flu and "fake news".

Trump wrote:
One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early. We went early, we could have had a lot more than that. We’re doing great. Our country is doing so great. We are so unified. We are so unified. The Republican party has never ever been unified like it is now. There has never been a movement in the history of our country like we have now. Never been a movement. So a statistic that we want to talk about, go ahead. Say USA. It’s okay. USA. So a number that nobody heard of, that I heard of recently and I was shocked to hear it, 35,000 people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that? 35,000, that’s a lot of people. It could go to 100,000, it could be 27,000. They say usually a minimum of 27, goes up to 100,000 people a year die. And so far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States. Nobody. And it doesn’t mean we won’t and we are totally prepared. It doesn’t mean we won’t, but think of it. You hear 35 and 40,000 people and we’ve lost nobody and you wonder the press is in hysteria mode. CNN fake news and the camera just went off, the camera. The camera just went off.
livinglava

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:05 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Here is the exact quote in context (emphasis added by me). He is without question calling the "hysteria" over the corona virus a "hoax". He goes on to compare it to the flu and "fake news".

Trump wrote:
One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early. We went early, we could have had a lot more than that. We’re doing great. Our country is doing so great. We are so unified. We are so unified. The Republican party has never ever been unified like it is now. There has never been a movement in the history of our country like we have now. Never been a movement. So a statistic that we want to talk about, go ahead. Say USA. It’s okay. USA. So a number that nobody heard of, that I heard of recently and I was shocked to hear it, 35,000 people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that? 35,000, that’s a lot of people. It could go to 100,000, it could be 27,000. They say usually a minimum of 27, goes up to 100,000 people a year die. And so far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States. Nobody. And it doesn’t mean we won’t and we are totally prepared. It doesn’t mean we won’t, but think of it. You hear 35 and 40,000 people and we’ve lost nobody and you wonder the press is in hysteria mode. CNN fake news and the camera just went off, the camera. The camera just went off.

All that Trump quote you posted is doing is turning the virus from an impetus for fear to a victory by comparing it to flu outbreaks that have also claimed a lot of lives.

If the media hoax surrounding COVID19 is a 'hoax,' it's not because the disease is fake but because they are using it as a public relations stunt for market manipulation where they crash stocks just to turn around and buy them back quickly at a low price and make a lot of money shorting them before the market comes back.

The high market, however, was ripe for correction as a result of being the product of such a long period of growth due to stimulus and regulatory tools developed throughout the Obama years.

Markets have to cycle to keep prices stable, but when government interventions are used to keep them growing without correcting, they get heavy like a sky filling and darkening with rain clouds.

Many people would probably like it if that dark, heavy sky could just burst and all the rain comes down and clears the sky so the markets can just go back to growing all the time, but that is like expecting the climate to just go back to normal despite a long pattern of unsustainable industrial waste-consumerism becoming the norm.

The economy can't just correct and go back to being productive and healthy because its patterns of productivity have deviated so far from what good healthy responsible economic practices would actually be like. It's an economy on crack, so when it crashes, it won't just be finished with its addiction. Rather, it should just be taken as a warning shot over the bow that economic reforms are sorely needed, reforms that reduce the need for stimulus interventions.

When the economy can successfully weather a pandemic quarantine or other cause for shutdown WITHOUT stimulus, that is evidence of a successful economy; not one that panics and crashes until the government and FED start talking about bailouts.

Basically, everyone including businesses need to be prepared for periods of low or no income, and be able to do so without borrowing. You can't do that just by saving up some extra operating cash; although that's part of weathering a crisis; it also requires structural adjustments that lower costs and allow businesses and households to operate independently in many ways, such as owning buildings, equipment, etc. instead of renting and/or owing monthly fees.

If a business or household runs out of money, it is because it spends it too fast and doesn't have enough saved to get through a period without income. There is so much interdependence between spending and revenue/income that the moment something happens where people have to stay home, all the interdependent businesses and households start looking at cutting expenses and/or losing revenues; but those that have managed their expenses know that there are simply certain basic necessities, like grocery shopping and utilities that have to be maintained and those costs have been managed in a way that they won't break the bank through a period of fallow economic times.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:10 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I defy you to link in the actual statement by Trump in which he calls the virus itself a hoax.

Sorry, I gave you the quote in context. You asked for the link.

Here is the link you asked for.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-charleston-south-carolina-rally-transcript-february-28-2020

maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 10:31 am

This is the ad that I said writes itself.

0 Replies