A Parlour for a Plague

roger

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:14 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

I’m beginning to wonder if some of that pain has been shingles, or something like it. As far as I can recall, the just pain bit went on too long for shingles, but now I have a rash, which has that peculiar feel that shingles rashes have...based on what I recall from the one time I had shingles!

I've had shingles, and it just went on forever. Well, the visible rash finally went away, but that area is still a bit itchy years later. Except when I take a hot shower. Then, it's downright painful when the water hits it.
Borat Sister

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:20 am
@roger,
How long did you have the pain before the rash broke out though?

Sorry to hear you still feel it.

My case went away completely after a couple of months. It’s a sneaky little pest, though. Gets itself right into the nerves.
Borat Sister

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:22 am
@Roberta,
Mammogram fine.

Sebastian seems pretty ok. Not his old self, but my loving little boy.

Viola left me a mouse this morning.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:25 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

How long did you have the pain before the rash broke out though?

Sorry to hear you still feel it.

My case went away completely after a couple of months. It’s a sneaky little pest, though. Gets itself right into the nerves.

The rash and itching were about simultaneous. The pain came with a hot shower both while the rash was present, and ever since. The original outbreak was 10 or 15 years ago. I have never forgotten.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 02:01 am
@roger,
When the missus got shingles, it lasted roughly two months with a lot of pain. Now, the apin comes up now and then.
roger

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 02:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I guess that's more or less common, then. Tell you what. When they say it itches, they are a bunch of lying dogs. It doesn't itch; it hurts.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 02:55 pm
@roger,
Ah. I had intense pain for at least a week, possibly nearly two, before the rash came. There’s an antiviral drug you can use up until the rash comes.

It’s certainly a lot more than an itch! Myra so is itchy but it’s like the itch is twanging nerves.

Shingles is a real pain.
roger

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 04:24 pm
@Borat Sister,
My doctor told me of such a drug. He also said you had to use it very early, it was quite expensive, and a lot of times it just didn't work. Also, no insurance plan covered it. I gave it a miss.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 01:18 am
Meanwhile as the numbers rise and New York starts looking forward to who knoweths what, the Governor has issued his latest order...

Any establishment with a liquor license must adhere to the new curfew of 10:00 p.m.
But not to worry! It seems a giant tree will be arriving soon from the upstate town of Oneonta. At some point it will be put in place at Rockefeller Center, where hundreds of folks can rejoice in it's well lighted splendor....providing of course that they are well masked and twenty meters apart from each other.

In other news, two teens mugged a man on the lower east side a few days ago. It happened somewhere along Pike Street. They hit the man with a toy stroller and a curtain rod.

The man decided to fight back and that was his mistake...

...he put his bag down on the sidewalk and the two lads absconded with it. Apparently it contained clothes. No word on whether the clothes were clean or if they were headed for the local laundry.

Not to worry though, the youthful offenders were both wearing masks, which, if they are ever apprehended, might be used in their favor towards negotiating a more lenient sentence.
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:21 am
@Sturgis,
Twenty meters apart! Wow.
cherrie

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 06:04 am
@Borat Sister,
It does seem a bit excessive.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 07:41 am
@Borat Sister,
Hyperbole?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 03:43 pm
@Joeblow,
I have been known to exaggerate...

The rules are changed often. The Mayor and Governor at times have differing opinions of the proper course of action.
I think it's currently 6 feet apart,but this does not apply to family members who can be closer.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 04:17 pm
so I understand that things are getting a bit worse - but I think sometimes these governors just react rather than be smart about it.

So in MA now - they will keep restaurants open - but only until 9:30 and no alcohol can be purchased in a restaurant or store after 9:30. So instead you are squeezing in more people at earlier times instead of spreading out the time so there would be less people inside.

There is also some sort of curfew where you are not supposed to be out at all from 10pm - 5am unless it is for a particular reason - like going to work - but you can go out and jog at that time.

So apparently you are more likely to catch covid from the hours of 10pm and 5am.

Also you need to wear a mask at all times in public - I normally do not have an issue with this but you are supposed to wear it even outside and with no one any where near you. This is an issue in the city where many people have no outside private areas. So these poor people cannot go outside at any time without a mask. At least I can go out in my yard.

I can understand having some rules but rules with that really do not make sense in preventing the spread is just stupid and to me makes people less likely to follow those that should be followed.
chai2

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:10 pm
@Linkat,
Not just the governors. Humans in general are in this mode of reacting.

We're the laughing stock of the world.
roger

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:17 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

So in MA now - they will keep restaurants open - but only until 9:30 and no alcohol can be purchased in a restaurant or store after 9:30. So instead you are squeezing in more people at earlier times instead of spreading out the time so there would be less people inside.

Exactly!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:51 pm
@roger,
Maryland has very strict guidance on the number of people who can be in a restaurant at one time. So here at least, you can't squeeze more people in just because they are open less hours. Many restaurants are doing a brisk business with carry out orders, some pick-up and some doordash delivery.
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 06:40 pm
@glitterbag,
Restaurants have that here too, what ends up happening is you have all these people instead gathered around waiting outside close together waiting for their table.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 01:04 am
@Joeblow,
Indubitably?
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 01:06 am
@Linkat,
Is there social distancing in restaurants and bars? There still is here, but closer unless we get a case that’s not in quarantine already.