A Parlour for a Plague

chai2

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 08:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Imagine Jeff Goldblum with Einsteins hair. Thats sorta what I look like.

Wow!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 08:35 pm
@Borat Sister,
Oops....just saw your big post re klinefelter’s

Wow
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 08:37 pm
@chai2,
I’m wondering if this is changing? Societal attitudes seem to be undergoing a shift...but who knows
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 08:42 pm
@Borat Sister,
Sebastian and I off to vet yet again!

He’s run out of his antidepressants and I want his heart listened to. Last tests they didn’t think he needed meds for his heart yet, but he’s been coughing and that’s a very bad sign for cats with heart issues

Poor little guy had two tranquillisers nearly 2 hours ago as he is so traumatised by vet visits now that it’s absolutely awful for him, me and the staff.

I’m hoping they can assess by listening. I can’t afford nearly $500 worth of tests again!

At least he had a good morning. First warm, sunny day for a few weeks and both cats were out in the backyard in the sun all morning.
chai2

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 08:53 pm
Ok, for something more light hearted.

You know these girls were between 11 and 13.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJmmTq5N/
chai2

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 08:59 pm
@Borat Sister,
poor baby
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 11:48 pm
@chai2,
Erm...I got a notice about kids playing with an ouija board that didn’t play and a woman pouring milk or something on her bare breasts then twirling them around?
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 11:49 pm
@Borat Sister,
Sebastian made it through with no injections, blood tests or trauma of any kind.

He enjoyed getting his suddenly dirty ears cleaned!
Borat Sister

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 11:02 pm
@Borat Sister,
How you guys feeling about the upcoming election?

And how covid is going where you are?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 12:15 am
@Borat Sister,
About the election, I'm anxious. People are getting incredibly aggressive and trying to intimidate people who vote for Biden. There is a ridiculous theory that if Trump doesn't win the election was stolen by the democrats. Apparently Trump zealots don't think it's necessary to have an election. They don't even have a platform to endorse, they are riddled with fear that the democrats are going to take away their God, their freedom, and next thing you know black and brown people will take their jobs, their homes and I suppose put Republicans children in cages and then lose track of their parents. You know, all the things Republicans are already doing.

Remarkably, we suck at COVID, so naturally people are bitching about the violation of their constitutional right to spread the virus and just say, **** it, if you die you probably had an underlying conditions. Sorry Grandpa, I know you we're looking forward to retirement and spending time with your grandchildren....but the rest of us are too selfish to contribute to the welfare of other citizens so 'too bad , so sad'. We are in the 9th circle of hell and most of our citizens don't have a freaking clue what means.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 01:19 am
@Borat Sister,
Dreading the ongoing investigation, debate, screaming accusations which will likely follow the posting of election results.

Stores are boarding up in anticipation of what might be happening.

In stranger things a store in midtown was decorating for Christmas this weekend. Immediately after they began slapping up wooden boards to protect the store.

As to Covid-19, the case numbers are moving up a little at a time locally. People landing in hospitals and deaths sort of stabilized, although a few clusters exist. Hospitalization numbers nationwide are as well.

Having said that, I am edgy due to the recent weeks of increases in Europe which previously got hit before the U.S.

Still looking forward to one day in the not so distant future, or having in person interacting with people where none of are wearing these masks.
(mask wearing also makes visits with folks tough, as it feels wrong to pull the mask to the side of down just to take a sip of water when the mouth runs dry)

Pre-winter arrived... A few cooler days but now more in line with early November.

How's your summer going?
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 04:58 am
@glitterbag,
Wishing you all the best.

I think most of the world is terrified about your election too and horrified at the spread of covid.

We have had a late spring....some warm days now but not sure how long they’ll last.

My state is pretty much covid free, for now....but still social distancing and being cautious, generally speaking.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 07:59 am
Went to church for the first time since things closed down.

You have to pre-register online to secure a spot and with limits of how many in your group. This church is more contemporary - there are no pews - just chairs so they can set up the sanctuary any way they want.

Before entering they ask you a serious of questions, take your temperature and check you in. Upon entering they have the seats assigned and they are widely (more than the required 6 feet apart) spread out.

Unlike what you read in the news - most churches are being very cautious and adhering to guidelines. According to the Minister and unlike what the minority extremists crazy like churches - it is expected that you follow the law and government bodies - which is following guidelines laid out by the state.

It was nice to be out in person at church, but also at the same time a little sad - as the greetings are not as personal and there is no gathering for small talk and coffee afterwards.
cherrie

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 01:21 am
We've had zero new cases for the 4th day in a row in Victoria after some very tight restrictions for the last couple of months. Some restrictions have been eased now and people have gone stupid. Today is Melbourne Cup Day and a public holiday in Victoria. It's also the first really warm day we've had so the beaches are absolutely packed and huge crowds of people have hit the parks for picnics.

I just saw the news and the crowds are horrendous, and mask wearing, which is mandatory here, seems to have been forgotten by far too many.

Health authorities have said they're pretty worried about the todays behaviour with good reason I think. Melbourne has had some of the strongest restrictions anywhere in the world, but a bit of sunshine and warm weather and all that seems to have been forgotten. I dread to think what's going to happen in summer.

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 01:23 am
@Linkat,
Great that you can go, but I can well imagine that it is hard without the warmth and closeness that is normal.

First swim of the season today! Pretty tough forcing ourselves into the cold water, but fabulous once in. There’s a change coming in so the waves began to get higher and higher as our swim went on. I love me some waves.

0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 01:25 am
@cherrie,
So wonderful to see your results the last few days.

I guess it was predictable that people went a bit crazy...hoping for you all that this doesn’t undo all the work you have all done together as a community.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 02:32 am
@cherrie,
makes one a bit angry at the selfishness of folks who choose to play their own version of Russian Roulette but insis that you join in.
Our groceries, butchers, and supermarkets have insisted that folks MUST wear masks or wont be served.(NO chin warmer maks either, full face coverage)

Other kinds of stores, not so much. For some damn reason weve politicized it in the US where exposing yourselves is a "right".That's ok if you wish , just dont expose my family and friends .

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 04:18 am
I saw the kidney doc today. Some problems have leveled off. New ones are arising. He's going to try to find out the source of all this crap.

More tests.
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:31 pm
@Roberta,
I hate tests! Do you or are you so used to them that you breeze through?

Hope they can get to bottom of issues and do something

Is it the kidneys causing the nausea?

At last my recent side pain finally got me to have a mammogram and breast ultrasound!

I’m beginning to wonder if some of that pain has been shingles, or something like it. As far as I can recall, the just pain bit went on too long for shingles, but now I have a rash, which has that peculiar feel that shingles rashes have...based on what I recall from the one time I had shingles!

But I’m not sure.

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 01:09 am
@Borat Sister,
I barely notice most tests. I wish I could have said the same about tests when I was in school.

What nausea? Not nauseous. This is one of the few symptoms I don't haee.

How's Sebastian.

I'm assuming that the mammogram went ok?