A Parlour for a Plague

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 09:38 am
And now the witch hunt begins.

Or as one official put it, "We've got to make life harder for the unvaccinated. "

Welcome to the late great planet Earth.
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 10:14 am
@Leadfoot,
youre not far from the facts. This is indeed a medical problem , the GOP has turned it into a political CIVIL RIGHTS one. I dont think its anything approaching intelligent when you decide to play Russian Roulette with othrs lives.

Interesting thing is that, according to news (ven FOX), people whov been the antivax proponents based on some asshat "Constitutional Imperative" , AND when they catch covid, thse guys sound like the good thief seeking absolution. Its a pile of bullshit to ven trust any of these fuckheads with political office. Im surprised and dismayed at how fuckin stupid many GOP politicos are
1. JAn 6 was really just a normal Tourist visitation on the capitol

2. Covid doesnt need any monitored exclusionary practices

3TRUMP won the 2020 election

Theres just a small pile of offal for your consideration
Joeblow

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 10:54 am
@Leadfoot,
No. I don't really understand your position at this point, but I don't want things to be harder for you. I want them to be easier for ALL of us and I think vaccines are the way for that to happen. So, I got them.

Do you think it's all overblown? Not that serious? Is it that you just don't believe you could infect someone? That you do believe it's serious, but don't yet feel satisfied that the current vaccines will drastically cut the risk? Can you forsee a time when you might be prepared to accept that a vaccine is the way forward? Are you prepared to limit contacts, keep your space, and wear a mask for a few more years until enough data comes in to quell your fears, or do you prefer everybody maskless, and if we die, or we infect someone else and they die, so be it? Fatalistic? Something else?

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 02:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
youre not far from the facts. This is indeed a medical problem , the GOP has turned it into a political CIVIL RIGHTS one.

Right about the facts, and I have nothing to do with Trump conspiracy theories, so stop the bullshit with trying to tie me to conspiracy theories.

I stated a growing attitude primarily held by liberals that is a sick cancerous ugly thing in the country that I live in. You either are for that **** or you’re not.

Which are you?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 02:59 pm
@Joeblow,
Quote:
Do you think it's all overblown? Not that serious? Is it that you just don't believe you could infect someone? That you do believe it's serious, but don't yet feel satisfied that the current vaccines will drastically cut the risk? Can you forsee a time when you might be prepared to accept that a vaccine is the way forward? Are you prepared to limit contacts, keep your space, and wear a mask for a few more years until enough data comes in to quell your fears, or do you prefer everybody maskless, and if we die, or we infect someone else and they die, so be it? Fatalistic? Something else?

Thank you, those are good and reasonable questions.

As a medical problem, based on my understanding of the known facts is that the Government response to this virus was totally wrong. The facts pointed to isolating the people in the known high risk groups, not shutting the economy down. Things like putting Covid patients INSIDE the very highest risk group (nursing and hospice facilities) was just plain obvious evil stupidity. Just one of many stupid moves.

In my opinion the ‘lockdown' of the economy will result in much more human suffering than Covid-19.

Consider the current situation in the US. Notice that as of yet they are not talking about halting the reopening of businesses bur are recommending masks, isolation, vaccine. So far that’s reasonable.

But IF the first wave response was a good approach, AND the Delta variant is as bad as said, then the logical thing to do would be an even more draconian lockdown. Behind the scenes, they know the disaster this would cause and how it didn’t work. So why do you think they aren’t doing it? 'Logically', they should be screaming from on high for lockdown.

The one thing I do fear is that 'they' WANT to destroy the status quo in hopes that they can rebuild things in a 'new order'. Not that there are not things that could be improved, but the people driving Covid fear are not the ones that will do that.

As for my personal reasons for not vaxing, I will admit that they do not apply to anyone who isn’t already comfortable with the idea of death. For that reason I do not make recommendations pro or con for others. Note that I have taken all the other usual vaccines other than CV19.

Of course any attempt at a medical science argument for not taking the “vaccine” is immediately scoffed at. So I won’t try here. But there is a legitimate argument to be made. And, This IS a completely new experimental type of treatment that we do NOT know the long term consequences of.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 03:31 pm
I believe that no matter which side you are on, the overall response(s) to the virus is an ongoing disaster that will keep getting worse because the ones making the decisions are being pulled and pushed from so many sides that they keep trying to satisfy them all instead of making a case for a solution and sticking to it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 04:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
youve made my point brilliantly but unconsciously. it isnt a political problem so a pox on both our houses. Dems did some stupid moves but since the GOP was at the helm driven downstrem by a fool , we sufered the consequences of not having the full scientific data until maybe Feb last.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 05:41 am
@Leadfoot,
Thanks for the conversation Leadfoot. I think the best I can do is tell you I share some of your frustrations and concerns, fears and criticisms. It's what to do now, where we differ, and the new world order idea that you put out there, and, well, I'll leave it for now.
Joeblow

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 06:10 am
@Borat Sister,
So here's something. I was married in our back yard in July, 24 years ago. One of my wedding gifts to him was that he would never have to exchange anniversary gifts, but I asked him to dance with me on the date in our backyard. We've never missed Smile

Every five years I've donned the gown again. I was pretty rosey cheeked the last time...he thought I'd put on blush! Snork. But I *think* I can still zip it up, and I'm hoping to surprise us both by wearing it again next year. I'm not totally sure he realises I've had this every five years thing going on...
Joeblow

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 06:12 am
@Joeblow,
Fukc. If that sounds dismissive, I didn't mean it too. It's just that I fear never the twain shall meet...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 07:26 am
@Joeblow,
Roger that.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 07:41 am
Just a pesky random thought.

If memory serves right, we had about a full year of 'standard' covid 19 before the vax came out. Then in rapid succession we started getting variants, each one worst than the last.

Is this the same phenomenon we see with bacteria and antibiotics but just way faster? Are we creating an ever worsening plague with this new treatment method?

IDK, but they seem like things that should be considered by the guys/girls in the lab.
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:44 am
@Joeblow,
Awwwwwwwww! Lovely!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:45 am
@Leadfoot,
Bugs mutate constantly. This is a normal progression of variants. It’s one of the reason why one cold, or flu, does not make you immune to the rest.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:47 am
We are getting a full-on lesson in survival of the fittest.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 02:20 pm
@Borat Sister,
Quote:
Bugs mutate constantly. This is a normal progression of variants. It’s one of the reason why one cold, or flu, does not make you immune to the rest.

And that's another thing. All previous vaccines were targeted at specific virus strain. When a flu virus mutates, a new version of the vaccine is necessary.

But not with this new one. They assure us this ones good for all of'em.
Why is that?

I'm just doing what Science does, asking questions, not building conspiracy theories.
roger

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 02:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
Maybe not exactly good for all of them, just a lot better than nothing.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 05:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
“They” assure us of no such thing.

For instance, the astra Zeneca vaccine is only partially effective against delta, but it appears that it can lessen the severity and make it much more survivable. I’ve only really checked re that vaccine, since it’s the one I’ve had the first dose of, but I have a vague sense that the other two major ones do a bit better.

I assume the current vaccines may or may not be useful as the virus mutates, which is another reason to manage the spread of covid
glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 06:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:

And that's another thing. All previous vaccines were targeted at specific virus strain. When a flu virus mutates, a new version of the vaccine is necessary.

But not with this new one. They assure us this ones good for all of'em.
Why is that?

I'm just doing what Science does, asking questions, not building conspiracy theories.

Wrong, wrong, wrongedy wrong wrong. They said no such thing, but it makes a good story if you want to blame the government for everything...and it's lazy way to think.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 07:02 am
@Borat Sister,
Quote:
For instance, the astra Zeneca vaccine is only partially effective against delta, but it appears that it can lessen the severity and make it much more survivable.

If you have been paying close attention, this is the case with ALL versions of the covid 19 vaccines on ALL variants of the virus.