A Parlour for a Plague

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:25 pm
@farmerman,
don't be saying that in Canada, you'd be in doodoo

Health Canada just went after advertisers claiming health benefits of colloidal silver . First there were warnings, now they are moving to fines/possible jail time. Some religious guy caught on fast and pulled his ads re colloidal silver.

https://www.ottawamatters.com/local-news/health-canada-investigating-false-online-claims-ads-for-products-treating-covid-19-2210893

Colloidal silver is considered on the same level of beneficial as drinking cow urine and a few other charming ideas.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/false-advertising-covid-19-fake-medical-advice-1.5520301

Quote:
The list of products already targeted for false advertising is long and includes medical masks, disinfectants, colloidal silver, plant-based elixirs, hand sanitizers, Chaga mushroom blends, ultraviolet lamps and oregano oil.

"Selling or advertising health products that make false or misleading claims is illegal," reads the statement. "The department takes this issue seriously and will not hesitate to use all mechanisms and tools at its disposal to stop these activities."

thank goodness they also went after chiropractors for suggesting their tx was a cure. buncha twunts.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:28 pm
@Borat Sister,
We had a few warm days before the wind kicked up on Thursday . I took a small cart and hooked up Bonnie and Clyde to pull the cart with me in it. That workd for about 1 mile when I guess the two donkies looked at each other and said "NO WAY IM PULLIN THIS FOOL" SO they just went to the side of the road and started eating some bushes. I couldnt get em away from the bushes so I started to walk home, So, then they began to follow me, and all the way home I have their reigns and Im walking this cart pulled by two donkeys .
I dont know, I got em in the barn and the start yammring to be outside and they follow me around the field. They need some training I think otherwis theeyre gonna be in my living room.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:29 pm
Saw my best little friends through a fence when I went to their garage to pick up more yarn for knitting. There was some happy shouting by all of us.

Trying to master a pattern for a tiny knit turtle for my boyfriend. He loveslovesloves turtles and fishies. The pattern is oddly sculptural. Sculpture is not knitting's thing. Drape is. Turtles don't drape.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:33 pm
@ehBeth,
well, I dont eat the stuff. I just report what they do with ionic silver and how it rally works as a bacteriostat for mold growth on non drinking water. The mold problem on our de humidifiers may be thing of the past. Were going 4 months an no mold .
Your probably drinking trace amounts of silver in your community water supply bcause its often used in combination with Aluminum

granules to help rmove arsenic from public drinking water

Im not aware that theres anyone pushing colloidal (or ionic ) silver for covid19. That would be just like drinking cow urine . In anything at about 10 ppB it starts becoming toxic.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:33 pm
@farmerman,
Now that is a vision. You kind of have donkey puppies to train eh.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:37 pm
@farmerman,
I once had medical treatment that involved application of silver. Apparently it can still be part of a treatment of open wounds/ulcerated skin. I always thought it was weird 1970's voodoo.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:44 pm
@ehBeth,
The Amish kids , just before they closed the school near us, walk through our fields edges to get home (keeps em off the roads where milk trucks think theyre Lamborghinis). Bonnie and Clyde got so that thyed walk with the kids all the way up and down the several fields and the donkeys , when they cme to the end of one of the pastures, have to run all the way to the other end of a 20 Acre plot so they can come back and catch up with th Amish kids who are on the outside of both pasturs .Kinda cute. Id like to get a picture but I dont want to start anything thats against thir religion concerning "graven images".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 10:11 pm
Colloidal silver is a wonder product. The people close to me were all sceptical of it until they saw how much it helps me. My wife drinks almost as much of it as me, after treating it like poison for several years. It took that long for her to break down and try it. The government is fine with pharmaceutical products that can actually kill someone, but Colloidal silver is so cheap to make that they fear the loss of billions of dollars for their own remedies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 12:10 am
@farmerman,
À propos of nothing at all, maybe you could find a silver meteorite.

Scientists now have evidence a large platinum-dense meteorite hit the earth 12,800 years ago. Apparently, this wiped out some of the megafauna which survived the last ice age.
Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 02:51 am
@Setanta,
Thanks! I'll report back.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 02:52 am
@farmerman,
Good to know. I'm using bread flour so, yay.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 02:53 am
@edgarblythe,
I love rye bread.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 02:56 am
@Borat Sister,
It's like Chai said. Not smooth and glistening, just mixed enough to incorporate the flour.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:01 am
@farmerman,
I'm with you on that. I gave away an inherited bread machine to a neighbour. At that time, I never had bread from one that I liked. Maybe they're different now, or maybe I just didn't have the right recipe.
farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:38 am
@Joeblow,
Was your crust not satisfactory too?? Ours was really vile, more like a biscuit and th crust was really wide maybe an inch. Th bireds loved it though. We us to take bags of the stale bread machine stuff an feed pigeons in one of the parks
farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:41 am
@Setanta,
Well theyve got evidence from the Great gray green greasy Limpopo River
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 04:29 am
@farmerman,
I don't remember it like that exactly. More like it was bland and stale from the get go. No tooth. I like a little crust and denser breads in general

I'm about to preheat. Very exciting! Haha.
Joeblow

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 06:35 am
@Joeblow,
It smells great!

https://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae329/joesyblow/Out%20East/20200412_080709_resized.jpg

Oops. That's a big picture.
Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 06:42 am
Oh my Dog!

They're playin' Jesus music on the radio. I hope it doesn't last too long.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 07:08 am
I don't claim my bread machine did such a great job, but I have never been finicky about texture and the like for my bread.
0 Replies