https://able2know.org/topic/10418-1

Here. Learn from a master.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 05:13 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

How's it wid yous?
(not as good as Roberta in writing New Yorkese)

How's wichoo?

roger, That ain't Noo Yawkese. That's Noo Yawk with a bit of Jewish mindset and sentence structure thrown in. Don't worry, bubbele. You can't be right all the time. Well, I can but not so much you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 05:47 am
The homeless and prisoners in jails and prisons seem to be particularly vulnerable to the virus. Now, something is being done for the homeless in Toronto:

City converts hotel into COVID-19 recovery centre for people experiencing homelessness
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 03:37 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

I’m just hoping if I get it and die that I’m well sedated!

If you're on a ventilator you'd have to be sedated.

Maybe I was just ignorant, but until my husband got bad, I never realized that, unless it's because of a surgery or something, when medical people say ventilator for someone really ill, you should hear "life support" as in "you need advanced directives, someone appointed to make sure they are followed, and while you're still able to talk for yourself, hopefully decide what you want.

The hard lesson I learned was people say from the comfort of good health that they wouldn't or would want this, that or the other. But when things go south, it's not so easy to think, let alone say "If in 15 seconds I pass out and they put me on a ventilator, I'm the same as being dead." You're on life support, you're not going to wake up, you have no idea what's going on because you're unconscious from the drugs they give you to keep you knocked out.

Sorry, I'm wandering, but there is a point.

If suddenly you can't breath, you need to understand and know about the different things that sedate you.

They can and will give your morphine so that your body really doesn't care it's not getting oxygen.
BUT
Your mind will know it too, and you can imagine the anxiety.
So, you also need to get Ativan, since that will eliminate the axiety, and you can have a peaceful ending.

I knew nothing about this until just a few days before. When I realized if it wasn't for the anti anxiety meds, the end would be torture. I was horrified at that thought.

The first thing I asked when I got to the hospital after he died to the nurse who was there, was "Did he suffer? How long did it take?"
I was assured he was gone within 5 minutes, and no he didn't suffer.
My next question was "Are you just telling me this because it's what you say to everyone?"
She adamently stated that no, he really didn't suffer, but I still wonder. I still wonder. I hope he didn't but I'll never really know, or trust he didn't.

Esther Choo, to CNN’s Stelter: The truth is, the sickest patients are terrifying. They are air-hungry, dropping their oxygen, confused, distressed. We can never show that. But it is terrifying.

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:17 pm
@chai2,
Yes, you do have to be sedated, but sometimes you wake up
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:18 pm
@Setanta,
this was very good news
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:20 pm
@chai2,
I’m sorry you’re having those worries about how he felt at the end. It sounds as though he was in the hands of people who knew what they were doing.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Just been reading about street people being placed in a very good hotel in Perth.

The manager was writing about what great guests they were making.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:22 pm
@Setanta,
We are releasing lower risk prisoners and those close to release date.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:07 pm
instead of going out to shop I have been binge-watching these guys ... in this case ... they are shopping

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 11:36 pm
@Borat Sister,
I'm glad to think that people are showing some decency in some places. Unfortunately, in places like Brazil and Hungary and Russia, with right-wing demagogues, there is very little decency, or even good sense to be found.

Kudos to Oz.
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:07 am
@Setanta,
I can only hope the same is happening everywhere here!
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:06 am

Someday I'll have paper
Paper isn't easy, come by
By the time it's come by, it's all gone
Not on the shelves cause it's all gone

Some day I'll have tissues
Tissues sure ain't easy, come by
By the time they come by they're all gone
Not on the shelves cause they're all gone

Oh oh

Wiping's just a luxury
Doesn't seem to be for me, for me
Doin' without comes naturally
Movin' about and feelin' free
Grass for me
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 05:05 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm glad to think that people are showing some decency in some places. Unfortunately, in places like Brazil and Hungary and Russia, with right-wing demagogues, there is very little decency, or even good sense to be found.

In Turkmenistan the word Coronavirus is officially banned. You can be arrested for using it or wearing a face mask.

Officially they have no cases, but they border Iran.
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:27 am
@izzythepush,
If Big Brother says there's no virus, there's no virus--straighten up!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:48 am
@Setanta,
It’s frightening.

I did a big shop yesterday at Asda. We all had to queue up outside spaced out and in the shop there was hand sanitary and paper towels for everyone to use before entering.

Inside it wasn’t too bad a one way system with most things in supply. I couldn’t get any baked beans, (this is England,) or strong flour. I didn’t look for hand sanitiser, but there was plenty of bog roll. I didn’t get any because I’ve got plenty already. Flour was the big thing and I was able to get plain and self raising O K.
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:28 am
@izzythepush,
I've been doing the bakery runs, and The Girl goes to the supermarket. Outside the supermarket, there is orange tape to mark two yard distances, with signs saying "Stand behind the line." They have a security guard there to, one assumes, enforce orderly waiting. They only allow 25 shoppers in the store.

The bakery is only a couple of blocks away. I went yesterday and this morning. I went early today because they were absolutely plundered yesterday. Even arriving early today, not everything was in stock. It seems that even there, people are still panic-buying.
chai2

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:55 am
@Setanta,
Oh maybe because they're home, they're not eating their lunch out, and need the extra bread?
Don't know, just a thought.
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 09:05 am
@chai2,
That could be. This stuff is baked without preservatives, so they must be putting some of it in the freezer.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 09:28 am
@Setanta,
No problems with bread over here.
0 Replies